Gun You HAD To Get, Got, Then Lost Interest

PDA

Pages : [1] 2

BBDartCA
August 8, 2012, 10:44 PM
Whats a gun you really lusted over, then after buying it, quickly lost interest?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun You HAD To Get, Got, Then Lost Interest" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uno
August 8, 2012, 11:00 PM
SIG Pro (SP 2340). I though it was a great idea and just had to buy one. The gun never really grew on me so I had to part with it.

ColtPythonElite
August 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
1911's

jim243
August 8, 2012, 11:13 PM
Same here a 1911, too heavy to carry and too expensive to shoot.

Jim

oneounceload
August 8, 2012, 11:14 PM
S&W 642 - can't get it to shoot where I want worth a patootie; bought a Kahr 9mm to use instead

sugarmaker
August 8, 2012, 11:15 PM
Its my normal pattern, something else catches my eye / interest and so it goes. I still like the guns I bought (I never sell them) but some new capability or collectibility / history factor always takes over.

nickn10
August 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
Sig 220, never lived up to it's hype. Nothing wrong, just no personality. I like my M&P45, Just as accurate and for me a better point shooter.

statelineblues
August 8, 2012, 11:18 PM
Browning Model 1910 .380 acp

I really liked the design, but it was too small and not easy to shoot (small sights). I sold it two months after I bought it...

Warp
August 8, 2012, 11:19 PM
KelTec Sub2000. I ended up selling it.

paintballdude902
August 8, 2012, 11:20 PM
ruger single six...... still have it but its too slow for me. takes for ever to reload.

Carter
August 8, 2012, 11:21 PM
XCR

No real advantage, less accurate than an AR, crappy company, expensive parts, and heavier than an AR.

ColtPythonElite
August 8, 2012, 11:23 PM
X2 on Ruger Single Six for the same reasons.

Inebriated
August 8, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hi Point 9mm carbine. Still a blast to shoot, but I just am not in love with the thing anymore.

Arp32
August 8, 2012, 11:24 PM
FR-8 Spanish Mauser. Loved it when I first got it, then somehow it wore off.

Still for sale over on the trading post if anyone wants it.

newbuckeye
August 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
Sig 1911. I fired 450 rounds thru that thing trying to force myself to love it. Didn't work, but the GI model ATI I bought I really like.

56hawk
August 8, 2012, 11:27 PM
475 Wildey Magnum. Cool gun, but not much fun to shoot.

paintballdude902
August 8, 2012, 11:31 PM
FR-8 Spanish Mauser. Loved it when I first got it, then somehow it wore off.

Still for sale over on the trading post if anyone wants it.
yup... i liked the gun for a while but after about a year i sold it t a gunshow for 300 bucks. its fun but it would have been waybetter with a 20rd mag and a scout scope

Motodeficient
August 8, 2012, 11:31 PM
I usually like most guns that I buy. But my Mosin Nagant is the only one that I could let go and not really care.

primalmu
August 8, 2012, 11:32 PM
CZ 452 Trainer. Awesome gun, really accurate, but I'm just not feeling it. I doubt I'll ever sell it, and hopefully over time it will grow on me.

7.62 Nato
August 8, 2012, 11:33 PM
Change of plans has left me with an unfired NDM86 with matching scope and accessories. Lack of long range facilities, and long range abilities will be sending this one to the auction block. I have found a great fondness for sub guns. I have a couple likenesses in semi auto. Ranges are much more available, and accomodating for these.

Buck Kramer
August 8, 2012, 11:53 PM
+1 kel tec sub 2000. It didnt fire cheap ammo, sold it immediately.

jbkebert
August 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
I might be shunned for saying this.

ar-15 I have owned two they were fun for a couple hundred rounds then really could care less afterwards.

M-14 or actually a M1a too expensive to shoot. The .308 win cartridge is a fine round. I mostly hunt and not at long ranges so there are better cartridges for my needs.

Glock 17. I wanted one and wanted one. Bought one and quickly lost interest. Once again a great gun not a bad thing to say about it. Just not my style.

mf-dif
August 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
Mp5 .22lr. Just got bored with it and already had a tacticool 22. Got rid of it to fund other projects.

scchokedaddy
August 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. Wanted one for long time, finally got one, can't afford to shoot the dang thing! Now gotta learn to reload, just more expense!!!! I guess I;ll never learn.

Warp
August 9, 2012, 12:03 AM
Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. Wanted one for long time, finally got one, can't afford to shoot the dang thing! Now gotta learn to reload, just more expense!!!! I guess I;ll never learn.

Reloading shouldn't be more expensive. There are up front costs, but components + self assembly definitely saves money per round.

Most guys will tell you they don't save money, they spend about the same and shoot more. Sounds good to me.

Malamute
August 9, 2012, 12:07 AM
M1-A. Didn't exactly "have" to have it, but liked it. Didnt take long to realize it was a real clunker to actually carry around. I like the 308 Ruger 77 much more for actually using for anything practical.

Was a 1911 fan for years, just over time realized, much like the M1-A, that it wasn't really a practical field gun compared to other things I had, like Smith DA and Ruger SA revolvers. I never was able to shoot a 1911 as well as a good revolver in any circumstance, even the National Match Colt I had. They may be mechanically accurate, the National Match certainly was, but I'm not able to shoot one as well, and as consistantly. I was also profoundly underwhelmed at the 230 gr round nose bullets terminal performance on game.

AR's. They are fun plinkers, but not very practial for any real life use I have, and in standard chambering, too small of caliber for general field use. Back to the practical aspect, for what an AR costs, I can have a really nice bolt gun in a serious caliber, and decent glass.

scchokedaddy
August 9, 2012, 12:09 AM
SHHH do not let my wife hear you!!! Do not want her to figure that part!! Using 44 for excuse to start reloading, OK??

JERRY
August 9, 2012, 12:10 AM
Colt Delta Elite First Edition Stainless. nice gun but i like my Glock 20 better.

johnnydollar
August 9, 2012, 12:25 AM
This one: Colt CCO Gunsite Model. Loved the way it looked, handled, carried, felt, etc, but I decided that the recoil of a 28 oz .45 ACP was a little too much for me.
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc422/johnnydollar1949/OTHER%20GUNS/SANY0065-1.jpg

nosmr2
August 9, 2012, 12:25 AM
The newness wears off all of mine. I just mix them back in the rotation and remember why I bought them in the first place. Anything I don't like I sell or trade. No point in keeping crap I don't want.

bldsmith
August 9, 2012, 12:51 AM
I had to get a scar 17. But could not find one locally and when a great deal came up on an AR10, in fact 2- AR10s I picked them both up for far less than the scar. Both are very accurate and I fell in love with them once I had a chance to really shoot them. But then the shop I go to got in the Scar. WOW that was still a nice weapon bbbbUUUUttt $2600 was just not in the budget. SO I lost interest and the scar went to a new home. Now I have the .458 socom bug. OOOHHH MYYYY

Brink
August 9, 2012, 01:14 AM
Browning T-Bolt 22. It was too pretty to take out squirrel hunting, and too oddball to be taken seriously. Plenty accurate, but the straight pull bolt was too difficult to operate from the shoulder for a quick follow-up shot.

Dr_B
August 9, 2012, 01:29 AM
I've had several l had to have, but then lost interest. One was a 92 year old Colt Pocket Hammerless .32. Neat gun, but l don't carry .32s, don't reload .32, and can't afford lots of factory .32.

Also lost interest in my Detective Special and a 1911 or two.

wankerjake
August 9, 2012, 01:34 AM
Sig P6.

archigos
August 9, 2012, 01:37 AM
Sig P290. Thinking of selling it.

The-Reaver
August 9, 2012, 01:41 AM
Springfield Armory M1A Socom 16

Loved it for about a month. Then that big 7.62x51 caliber $$$ Bill $$$ caught up with me.

So, I dropped back into the AK series of weapons =-)

scott5
August 9, 2012, 01:49 AM
Hello all,
The ones that I thought I had to have are a Taurus PT-92, a Para-USA P14-45, a Glock 17, and a Remington 572.
I thought they were great before I bought them, then realized they were either not as fun as I thought they were supposed to be, or something more important that them was needed.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

firesky101
August 9, 2012, 01:57 AM
Remington 740. I took it to the range once. It functioned great and was fairly accurate, but it just did not do it for me like I thought it would. Sold for a profit, then flipped the money into another 91/30 and a G19.

TreeDoc
August 9, 2012, 02:10 AM
Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag stainless, 4 5/8 barrel

Ignition Override
August 9, 2012, 02:11 AM
My Yugo Mauser 48A, because those sights are challenging, even relaxing a while on a bench rest. For sale within one hour of Cordova TN, FTF only ($275 firm).

Arp32:
I have two of the FR8s and they are a lot like the "Jungle Carbines" in my group. What can help is somebody slicing off the main post on an extra FR8 front sight, then gluing on a slightly taller roll pin. When fully rotated up, they barely shoot high at 50 yards with the lowest aperture setting.

My only hang-up with a 7.62/.308 rifle is where to get really cheap bullets to reload.

BBDartCA
August 9, 2012, 02:47 AM
M1A Socom. Pointless since I already had Garands. M1a less power, less accurate than the Garand. No cheaper to shoot than the Garands since I handload. Gone within a week

jaytex1969
August 9, 2012, 03:11 AM
My shotguns get little use. They fill a niche in the purpose spectrum, so I will keep them, but they do not often make it to the range.

Edit: Only took me six years to hit 100 posts. Hope I'm not impairing the bandwidth too much....

cooldude14
August 9, 2012, 03:33 AM
Mosin Nagant, wanted one forever then got one about 2 years ago shot it twice and was dissapointed. Super stiff extractor made it no fun to shoot. And now im quite the Mauser fan,

epijunkie67
August 9, 2012, 06:04 AM
PS90.

Already had an FN57 and thought it would make a great combo. Bought it when they first came out. Took it to the range twice and was seriously underwhelmed. I might like it a little better if I could remove the crap optics and replace them with a decent red dot but even then the ergonomics of the whole gun is just wrong for me.

I keep threatening to sell it but haven't bothered yet.

Big_E
August 9, 2012, 06:51 AM
Oh this is easy.

Remington 700 SPS .30-06: poor accuracy, poor finish, was having chamber issues etc.

Mossberg 535: Didn't need the magnum chamber, turkey and waterfowl bbls didnt really fit what i needed it for anymore, action wasnt slicking up.

Old Remington 870: Was going to be a project hiking compact shotgun, didnt want to hack it up and wanted a police trade in instead. Slick action though.

FN made Winchester 70 .308 Featherweight: Really liked it, needed money though and felt it was too nice to take in poor conditions and my synthetic stuff I dont care if it gets ugly.

S&W 22-A: Was too cheap to get a Buckmark. Some parts felt brittle/cheap. Needed money. 9mm is cheap enough when I shoot pistols. 10/22 got jealous...

On the chopping block: Ruger LCR or Saiga 12
I like the LCR trigger and I carry the gun or keep it nearby, I just prefer semis. If I can find a M&P 9 Shield, that will probably replace it.
The Saiga 12 seemed cool at first but it just doesnt feel right. I feel like it needs more work which is more $$$. I'd rather have a Super 90 or FN SLP. I'd like to keep it but I need more money now and would rather put it towards dressing up my AR.

** I'm thinking about working extra hard and saving up for an STI Perfect 10. But Im concered I won't like it that much or use it in the situation my .357 is for. After going through a few guns I always have to think about if I'll end up disliking it. The CZ 75 and AR are some of the few that I have bought and kept around and I still love them.

I wish I could keep all the guns I have had. Unfortunately, money is an option and I have to sacrifice one to get the next and so on...

tarosean
August 9, 2012, 06:55 AM
SKS only made better by the fact I only paid 60 bucks for it and sold for a profit.

303tom
August 9, 2012, 09:30 AM
All of em.............That`s why I am always buying another one !

youngda9
August 9, 2012, 09:33 AM
Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum. Fit was poor, HORRIBLE trigger, shot 5" high at 25yds with the rear sight all the way down, poor groups. I'll stick with my 629 thank you.

youngda9
August 9, 2012, 09:35 AM
Browning T-Bolt 22. It was too pretty to take out squirrel hunting, and too oddball to be taken seriously. Plenty accurate, but the straight pull bolt was too difficult to operate from the shoulder for a quick follow-up shot.
With a little polishing and practice I bet you'd find it was faster than a standard bolt action...2 less movements (no up and down of the bolt), just back and forth. Those T-bolts are great shooters.

Orion8472
August 9, 2012, 09:47 AM
The Springfield Armory EMP. Nice gun, but my fervor died out for it. COULD have had to do with the fact that the slide rattled when I shook the gun side to side [while empty].

Consequently, I was REALLY wanting an M&P Shield. . . . until I got to hold one. Not for me. Fortunately, I decided that I no longer wanted it before buying it.

460Kodiak
August 9, 2012, 09:53 AM
This is one I don't expect to see on here: Browning Buckmark .22lr I'm a revolver guy and as much as I try to love semiautos other than a 1911, they just don't do it for me. So I traded it towards a 1911!

DPMS 24" Panther Bull Special. It was extremelly acurate. 100 yard shots weren't even fun. Bottom line was that it was large and heavy, but what I realized later is that I want a CQB platform. That's the type of shooting I like to do with a semiauto 5.56. Sold it off. It was the first gun I ever bought, and the first I ever sold.

I'm thinking about selling off a Bond arms Snake Slayer. It's a wonderful novelty, and no fun to shoot at all. It does have it's uses though.

The_Armed_Therapist
August 9, 2012, 10:00 AM
A Savage 10 with the AccuTrigger. I bought it to learn to shoot at further distances (Had only shot up to about 100 yards at this time). It was the first scope I'd ever had to "sight in" and I knew nothing about ballistics. After a few range sessions, I still couldn't figure out what I was doing. So, I sold it to buy other things. That was only a few years ago and I've since done 300-yard shooting with an M1 Garand and a PTR91 with no scope at all. I really wish I had that rifle back now! :cuss: Now I'm scouring the market for another of its kind but my budget is much to low right now.

jman74
August 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
G22. Resisted buying a Glock for years and years. Finally caved to the pressure:). Turns out it didn't do anything better than my .40 xD or 1911 in .40. Felt kind of boring to shoot and I couldn't shoot it well. Glocks are great guns, just not great for me. Best part was I made a $100 profit selling it!

Zane
August 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
GSG-5

Fun at first, but then it's air soft lineage starts to show. I haven't shot it in a year or two. It has been totally replaced by a suppressed 10/22.

MachIVshooter
August 9, 2012, 10:13 AM
Beretta Cx4 Storm. I lusted after the space-age carbine, finally got one, took it out a couple times, then hung it up until I sold it 3 years later.

keithbayne
August 9, 2012, 10:28 AM
got a mossberg 12 GA pump. loved it,never fired it,needed money,lost it to the dang pawn shop.sure do miss it though,nice gun

tubeshooter
August 9, 2012, 10:55 AM
This is one I don't expect to see on here: Browning Buckmark .22lr I'm a revolver guy and as much as I try to love semiautos other than a 1911, they just don't do it for me. So I traded it towards a 1911!

Surprise!

...but not for the reason(s) you might think.

I have a bone stock Buckmark Hunter that was kind of an "impulse buy". It was a situation where I was going to leave the gun show with a .22 auto (preferably Buckmark) come hell or high water.

Note to self and others: DO NOT go to a gun show or shop in this mode/with this attitude. This is how you end up with "regret purchases".

Now, to be clear, there is nothing at all wrong with the gun. I still like the way it looks, too - though of course it's not as beautiful as the day I saw it on the gun show table... :D

It's just that I have a half-dozen .22 handguns now, and as far as range time this one is dead last. Mostly because the 7.25" barrel is a little gangly for general use. Plus I don't want to scuff up the nice wood grip panels. If I ever get into .22 handgun with a scope, this will be the gun and I'm all set already.

This is the only gun I have that is anywhere near this category. Most of my purchases are very well researched and thought out. Even with this Hunter situation regret is really not the right word, but if I could do it over again... I probably wouldn't.

TAKtical
August 9, 2012, 11:00 AM
Springfield trp operator full rail. Still have it. Its a little scratched up. Wanted to have it chopped down to 4inches and no gunsmith would do it so i want to get rid of it for an sti tactical 4.0

tech30528
August 9, 2012, 11:07 AM
Built a Mosin Nagant for the range, turned out to be everything I expected but is difficult to load and not so good for timed events. Luckily I have less than $500 in it and where I live (short sight lines in the mountains) it won't get much use unless I get deer tags this year, and even at that it will get little use but it fills my 30 cal spot. My favorite is my cheapest 10 22, a 5 pound carbine.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/tech30528/IMG_0840.jpg

35Rem
August 9, 2012, 11:14 AM
Winchester 1895 (1995 made model). I love TR, and the connection to the 1895. The "new" one was OK, but it never felt right. I did kill a deer with it. It was sold. I'd like to have an original, one day.

Marlin and Winchester rifles in 357. I WANT to like them. Never kept one.

S&W 63. Great little guns. Very accurate. Too small for me.

I'm sure there are more...

stupidme
August 9, 2012, 11:34 AM
Heard great things about ishpor smle in 308. But when I got it, it weighed a ton, was muzzle heavy, coated with yucky black paint, and felt as ergonomic as a bunch of dead fished duck taped together. Tried to foist that one off.

effengee
August 9, 2012, 11:39 AM
My post is titled: Most displeased with gun...

The Kel-Tec sub 2000 in 9mm with Beretta magazine...

The good: It just looked so darn cool, it folded in half, and was cheap!!!
The bad: It was stinkin' 9mm ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I hates me some 9mm
The ugly: The sights were crap, it jammed up until I took a Dremel to the chamber mouth, the chamber and guts were exposed when it was folded, it was still 9mm:barf:

HoosierQ
August 9, 2012, 12:27 PM
An Enfield. Bugged a guy for a couple of years and he finally decided he wanted to sell it. I got it, it was neat, I was over it quick. Ammo is a hassle. Only thing cheap is corrosive and that's hard to find. If you get the MK8 ammo you burn up your barrel and new .303 is hard to find and expensive when you do. I went to Gander and they must have had 10 boxes of 250-3000 :eek:...but not one box of .303. Probably just popular enough that it sells but not so popular to stock a lot.

Over it. Sold it for a good price and used it to help fund a .223/5.56. Plus the guy who bought it is a real for sure enthusiast and he's real pleased.

SlowFuse
August 9, 2012, 03:41 PM
Ruger #1 Tropical in 458 Win Mag. Just had to have one, found a decent deal and snagged it up. I was h€llbent on reloading for it, but never got that far. Turns out it was just a pain to shoot... Heh. It comes out about once a year to get the dust knocked off of it.

brnmuenchow
August 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
Not so much the type of gun, but the mftr. a Lancaster AK-47 it looks really nice and shoots well but for the price too much$$$ I bought it several years ago when Ak's were still kind of hard to get (not siting in every gun store around the corner) and at the time there was not that much negativity towards Lancaster, now I tell people if you find an AK you like go for it don't pay the Lancaster prices. So far other than that I have not really run into regrets when buying, I tend to not be impulsive and really think about the positives and negatives before buying. Money is too hard to come by nowadays.

kcshooter
August 9, 2012, 03:57 PM
PTR91. I hated that gun.

Skribs
August 9, 2012, 04:37 PM
A lot of things catch my eye, but go by the wayside before I get them. I've only bought 6 guns so far, the only one that I really lost interest with was my revolver.

Trent
August 9, 2012, 05:31 PM
Barrett M95.

It's heavy, it's a pain to load up and take to the range, it's crazy EXPENSIVE to shoot.

Collects a lot of dust now. Doesn't even have a scope at the moment, swiped the scope for my 300 Win Mag and haven't bothered to mount another. BTW, 300 Win Mag feels like so much of a pop gun, after shooting the bolt action 50 for awhile.

I'm not all that enamored with 50BMG as I once was. I like shooting... not getting the snot beat out of me.

rem44m
August 9, 2012, 05:37 PM
XDM 45 subcompact and a GP100

CountryUgly
August 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
Springfield Custom 1911. It was "nice" but not near as accurate as my RIA. Bushmaster AR15 HBAR accurate but too big too heavy ditched it for a Colt M4 LE. SS PARA Warthawg, great carry gun lousy range gun.

Mikey Idaho
August 9, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ruger Blackhawk .357 6.5" stainless, loved it...or the idea of it at least...too heavy, slow reloads, hate cleaning revolvers...just fell out of love, still miss it sometimes, like ex-girlfriends, then I come to my senses :-P

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

56hawk
August 9, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ruger #1 Tropical in 458 Win Mag. Just had to have one, found a decent deal and snagged it up. I was h€llbent on reloading for it, but never got that far. Turns out it was just a pain to shoot... Heh. It comes out about once a year to get the dust knocked off of it.

Thanks funny, I picked up a used Ruger #1 in 458 Lott just because it was cheap and came with brass and dies. Now it's my favorite rifle to take to the range.

Swing
August 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
Every derringer I've ever owned. Looks neat, sounds neat, but the interest faded real fast.

BBDartCA
August 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Ruger LC9 - horrible trigger. PM9 / CM9 an excellent replacement.

heatseeker8
August 9, 2012, 06:54 PM
Lesson I learned from 2 real crappy pistols, is to dry fire them once before plunking cash down.

Kel Tec p11 I bought it cause at the time it was marketed as the slimmest double stack 9mm. Worlds worst trigger.

And also a Cobra 9mm derringer, awful trigger and snapped in my hand to hard .

strykerfire
August 9, 2012, 06:55 PM
Desert Eagle. Just had to have the big bird. Got one in .44 mag that was made in the land of kosher. And here it sits....... Thats all. Wont run any brand of ammo. Boom, jam, Boom, jam, jam, and so on. Thought I was gonna be flying with the Eagles. I'm just hangin with the Turkeys!

TaylorBrassjole73
August 9, 2012, 07:19 PM
A fully Tapco'd SKS, It was to be my first evil, mostly black rifle and it did not peform to say the least.

Nushif
August 9, 2012, 07:25 PM
I got a PT 92 Taurus because it was just right. A Beretta 92 with a better placed safety and single action carry ...

In the end it really did turn out to be a Beretta 92 with a better placed safety and single action carry. 8) Meaning it's still too big for my hands and hard to conceal. 8)

brodgers60
August 9, 2012, 07:51 PM
S&W Sigma 40. too long of trigger pull

CharlieDeltaJuliet
August 9, 2012, 08:26 PM
Daniel Defense V4, put 30 rounds through it and now it just sits in my safe.

Hammerhead6814
August 9, 2012, 08:36 PM
So far this thread is making me pretty happy. Not a single AK on the list :D edit: DANG POST #65!

Mine was a Daniel Defense M4 V7 (that's the mid-length carbine). It was only $950 used and when a steal like that came along I jumped. Problem was it didn't do anything more my franken AR's and after three magazines of so-so accuracy, it went back on armslist. For $300 more of course :)

The Man With No Name
August 9, 2012, 09:22 PM
Two off the top of my head.
1. HK USP45. Great quality build and very good accuracy. Frankly it just didn't fit my hand just right so I couldn't warm up to it.
2. Sig P220. Wanted to like it. As accurate as people claim. I just didn't see a need for it as my Les Baer was more accurate and just more pleasing on the eyes.

Both great guns. Just lost interest in them.

35Rem
August 9, 2012, 09:35 PM
Not a single AK on the list

Post #65.... :D

I've never warmed up to AK's or AR's. Shot an AK and didn't change my mind. Glad I never bought one...

speedway
August 9, 2012, 09:47 PM
S&W revolvers. Had lots of them. Have a couple left.

Broomhandle mausers. Lost there flair to me.

Erik M
August 9, 2012, 10:11 PM
danged rossi ranch hand, worst shooting piece of iron I ever spent money on. Traded a.s.a.p.

Malamute
August 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
So far this thread is making me pretty happy. Not a single AK on the list

I've had several. They get boring pretty quickly. They are also real clunkers to actually carry around much, mediocre accuracy, so-so sights, modest range, bulky. I've had more malfunctions with the various AK's I've had than any of the AR's I've had. Not that there were lots of malfunctions, but they certainly aren't the pillar of unstoppable awesomeness they are generally portrayed as being. The are often compared to 30-30's in power, but my opinion is a 30-30 is much more gun in the field than an AK is, and far easier to carry.

wyohome
August 9, 2012, 10:55 PM
Kimber M84...I thought for years that would be the ultimate (for me) .308. Very disappointing.

Hammerhead6814
August 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Now you guys are just trying to hurt my feelings. :(

KevininPa
August 10, 2012, 12:23 AM
"Heard great things about ishpor smle in 308. But when I got it, it weighed a ton, was muzzle heavy, coated with yucky black paint, and felt as ergonomic as a bunch of dead fished duck taped together. Tried to foist that one off."

Those Ishys swing like a six foot long 2X6. Should've just butchered mine down to a fake Jungle Carbine but didn't have the heart. Sold it to a collector.

Another firearm which wasn't necessarily a "gotta have!" but more of a come across is a FEG SMC .380. PPK clone. Was at my gunsmiths shop and he had it for sale for $147. Really nice pistol and I still regard those as a quality piece. I made groups with that at 10-12 yards on the first outing that I never made before on the first time out with a handgun!. Downside-like a true early PPK, it turned the webbing between thumb and index finger into hamburger! Tried to deal with it but no, hand just got too sliced up.

savanahsdad
August 10, 2012, 01:00 AM
Glock, never again !! (A)triger like a cap-gun (B)brass hitting me in the head(C) it just don't feel like a REAL gun

levsmith
August 10, 2012, 01:06 AM
AR-15 for me. I'm not really a lights and lasers tacticool kind of guy, but I let my friend talk me into getting an AR over an AK. So far its my most expensive gun and my least used. I've been thinking about getting rid of it but just not sure with the election coming up again.

planetmobius
August 10, 2012, 01:28 AM
Glock 21. The gun was reliable and had a great capacity but this is when I learned that I hate polymer framed guns. It had no finesse and lining up the sights reminded me of landing a fighter on the deck of a carrier. I now love my Sig 220.

Stevie-Ray
August 10, 2012, 02:20 AM
HKUSP45C. I considered it the very best of carry weapons and had to get one, though I vetted it out against a SIG P220C, which would have been the only one to upset the apple cart. The HK pointed much better for me and I bought one. Carried it for probably less than a year when a Kimber Ultra CDP caught my eye. Being a 1911 guy from the start, this one was the total package. I bought it and it completely outclassed the HK in every conceivable way, lighter, easier to conceal, less recoil with the same load, far more accurate and gorgeous to the HK's ugly. The HK now sits brokenhearted in the safe.

bannockburn
August 10, 2012, 07:32 AM
First one that comes to mind is the Taurus PT-111 Mil-Pro I had. Worked fine with no problems, it's just that I could never get comfortable with the way it felt in my hand. The grip angle seemed too straight up-and-down and the overall balance of the gun was towards the rear of the gun.

AirForceShooter
August 10, 2012, 08:20 AM
Taurus PT-945.
Saw it . Wanted it. Got it.

Found out the meaning of incompatible for a lefty.

Traded it

AFS

cleardiddion
August 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
Mausers in general.
Got a few here got a few here and there but they never really appealed to me like the Mosins and Enfields.

Kristensdaddy
August 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Surprised it hasn't made the list yet. Sig Mosquito. It started out shooting every kind of ammo I could put in it. Then it went in the crapper and would only shoot the mini-mags. Still have about 1000 minimags but I got rid of the Mosquito.

Other gun was a S&W 647 in .17HMR. What a waste that gun was. Still don't know what I was thinking.

Double Naught Spy
August 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Beretta Tomcat. Held much promise and then wasn't impressive.

SpentCasing
August 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
HK USP Compact. I wanted to like it. I really, REALLY, tried to like it, but I just didnt. Ergos were goofy, trigger was horrendous, and muzzle-flip was bad. For DA/SA I much prefer my Beretta 92 and for poly I much prefer my G19. It was very accurate for me though but it just didnt fit.

Trent
August 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm with you on the H&K, SpentCasing.

I have a USP45 "tacticool" and I affectionately call it my "brick". Slide sits so high, that big chunk of metal coming back makes it the SLOWEST shooting 45 I have. Gimme something with a lower profile any day of the week...

doc2rn
August 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
S&W mod 41 excellent look/feel but only shoots standard pressure ammo, safe queen. Ruger standard that I have had since age 11 that cost 1/10 of the 41 gets shot every outing, go figure...

Skyshot
August 10, 2012, 08:11 PM
Magnum revolvers and Magnum rifles,older now, not as much testosterone flowing. I still have several big boomers, just don't care to shoot them much any more. I'll pass them on to the grandson.

chris in va
August 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
Glock 21sf. Everyone raves about the gun but I couldn't hit a darn thing with it. Same with the Sig 220.

Jlr2267
August 10, 2012, 08:19 PM
I usually like most guns that I buy. But my Mosin Nagant is the only one that I could let go and not really care.

+1 on the MN

gp911
August 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
Browning BPS 10 gauge, polymer stock. Had to have a ten bore, considered cutting the barrel down and adding a sling, shot it a few times and traded it for a nice Wingmaster. Still have that 870.

SP101, 2.25" DAO model. Loved the thunder, despised the trigger. Sold it and my .357 BH and bought a 21SF when they first came out, ambi safety model with the piccatinny rail. Still carry that Glock.

Bushmaster HBAR. Nose-heavy, poorly finished, got bored with it. Sold it & bought my AK, which I still have.

musicman10_1
August 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
I have not really lost interest in any of my guns but I do have 3 AR15 stripped lower receivers sitting in my safe that I don't have much interest in building into guns. They were really good deals and I believed that I needed them at the time. I have 2 complete AR15s - one carbine length and one rifle length and they really take care of my AR needs. I guess that having them (the lower receivers) is still a good idea as you never know what the future holds.

bluetopper
August 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
44 Magnum lever-action rifle.

mf-dif
August 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Power. I just am not consistent with it at all. I've put about 500rds through it...removed mag release, which freed up the trigger. Messed around with the mil sights. It just doesn't click with me for some reason.

relaxing
August 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
Marlin 450 Guide Gun. 50th birthday present, had it 5 years, never fired it.

Crashbox
August 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
My SIG P250SC .40 I bought back in April, only shot it twice or so.

TennJed
August 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
5 pages and no mention of the Taurus Judge. For all the hate this gun gets and being labeled as nothing but a novelty gun I am surprised. I know they sell a ton of them so surely someone here has one.

Maybe people that actually have one like them:what:

I had one and did love it. I sold it though because all my other 45 colts were Rugers and I did not like reloading down in power for just that gun. All my 45 loads were pretty hot.

I really do think it is underrated as a fun gun

TennJed
August 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
I guess the NAA mine 22lr would fall into this category for me. Although I really like the gun, it is well made and a quality weapon, it is too much trouble to reload.

I enjoy shooting it and I would probably never sell it, it just doesn't get shot as much as I anticipated

1prcntr
August 12, 2012, 12:53 AM
Custom Encore from Bullberry in 7-08

essayons21
August 12, 2012, 01:23 AM
My 3rd 1911. An older Springfield with some custom work and a very nice gloss blue. It looked so pretty and the price was right, but now it just sits in the safe. I have 2 more that are beat to hell from hard use on the range, so I'm afraid to mess it up.

Twiki357
August 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
Kel-Tec P-11. I got confuzzelled at a gun show and got a good bargain on a P-11 then realized that it was the PF-9 that I actually wanted. So instead of a pocket carry gun I got a truck defender.

jbauch357
August 12, 2012, 02:26 AM
off the top of my head...

- CZ P01 (was looking for a little brother for my CZ 75B, and got the retarded cousin)
- CZ Canvasback O/U (most uncomfortable cheek destroying shotgun I've ever fired, takes the fun out of trap/skeet)
- Mosin Nagant (spent the time to clean it up real nice, get the sites all fixed, sighted in, and then haven't touched it since)
- M1 Garand (safe queen, I don't have any real need for it and it's in perfectly clean condition so I don't see any reason to dirty it up)

Ignition Override
August 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
TaylorBrassjole73:
Did you ever try attaching an original SKS 10-rd. mag., or an aperture sight on the bolt cover if these were then available?

FreddyKruger
August 12, 2012, 04:27 AM
A S&W 686 with target front sight. bought for precision shooting, but it was previously a service comp gun so had a beautiful DA but SA was barely there. Club made me get the trigger worked so SA was a 1000gram pull per precision rules. trigger came back and was 1000gram pull but had a gritty feel to it. totally lost interest in the gun and sold it not long after that.

v8stang289
August 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Standard dm101 derringer in .22 mag. I thought it was cool and bought it from a friend for $100. It wasn't accurate, was really loud, had a 15 lb trigger, and weighed more than my P3AT. I ended up trading it for a 2nd gen Glock 17. I didn't shoot the Glock well and ended up selling it for $350. Used the cash to get a 10/22 and pocketed the rest. All in all it turned out ok :)

skoro
August 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
About 4-1/2 years ago, I got a new S&W M&P45 full size. Just had to have it at the time. After shooting a number of times, I just kind of became disinterested in it, for no good reason. It had good ergonomics, never had a stoppage, and it was accurate. Then one day about 3-1/2 years ago, the LGS had a pristine Colt Govt MkIV Series 70 in the display case. I traded the M&P for the Colt and I've never had any regrets.

That said, I also have an M&P9c that I'm very fond of.

brnmuenchow
August 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
So far this thread is making me pretty happy. Not a single AK on the list edit: DANG POST #65!

Just the Mfr. "Lancaster" not the gun itself, I actually love the AK itself but the company itself had really bad customer service. My father also got an AK from them he really loves, but I think he dislikes Lancaster more than I do. So keep in mind my origional post was in no way anti- AK. :)

harqueb.us
August 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag - I liked the single action, but like others have said, the size, shape, and accuracy overshadowed the fun.
Desert Eagle .357 - wanted something to go with my Timber Wolf rifle, but not a revolver.
Springfield 1911 V16, and a 9mm 1911 - turns out, 1911s don't fit my hand, and Springfield's two-piece guide rod that requires an allen wrench to take disassemble is more hassle than I wanted.

That's all I can think of now, but there were probably others.

bushmaster1313
August 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
Mini-30

chez323
August 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
For me it's Berettas, had two (m9 and a 92sb, even had a Taurus knock off 92) that were nice, solid guns. I just couldn't hit as well with hem a I could my Sigs or Kimbers. So I traded them off for new toys. Was going to say Glocks as I've owned and sold/traded off a glock 17 and 22, just didn't work for me. But I've recently picked up a Glock 31 that I really like. So I went with Berettas.

Twig
August 16, 2012, 12:35 AM
mini-30

2DREZQ
August 16, 2012, 02:18 AM
Y'all gonna laugh at me.

Bryco-Jennings Model 38 .380

Just got my CWP (20+ years ago) and HAD to have a carry weapon, but had almost nothing to spend. The surprising thing is that it worked perfectly with any ammo I fed it! I could never work up the nerve to carry it with one in the chamber with that joke of a safety, though.

I actually killed a couple gophers and euthanized a badly injured pet for a friend.

Sold it as soon as I could afford a S&W, it just made me feel too much like a pimp or something.

ns66
August 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
off the top of my head...

- CZ P01 (was looking for a little brother for my CZ 75B, and got the retarded cousin)
- CZ Canvasback O/U (most uncomfortable cheek destroying shotgun I've ever fired, takes the fun out of trap/skeet)
- Mosin Nagant (spent the time to clean it up real nice, get the sites all fixed, sighted in, and then haven't touched it since)
- M1 Garand (safe queen, I don't have any real need for it and it's in perfectly clean condition so I don't see any reason to dirty it up)
what's wrong with cz-p01? i heard it's a good one...

Charleo0192
August 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
I bought a M&P 15-22 a year or two ago. I liked the look and knew it was going to be inexpensive to shoot. Sadly though, it never satisfied me. I still have it, but if I ever met someone who wanted it and had a good offer, I'd sell/trade it in a heartbeat.

edwardcii
August 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
HK USP 45 Compact

Love the gun. But I got it in stainless steel. Because of the price, I never wanted to carry it so it became a safe queen.

Sold it and decided I would only own guns that I would carry and or shoot on a regular basis.

silicosys4
August 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ruger P89. Bought it ONLY because it was turning a beautiful "ruger bluing" plum. It has serious safety issues, and I'll never own another p-series ruger because of it.

Taurus pt111. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't do anything any of my other handguns won't, and I hate that I can see daylight and guide rod/spring through the frame/slide gap.

PM9. Doesn't make much sense now that I have a PM40

HK USP45. If I hadn't paid $400 for it I'd still be kicking myself. Blocky, heavy brick that doesn't sit well in my hands, not accurate for me, has poly rifling so I don't want to shoot my reloads (cast) out of it

RIA GI 1911. Shoots about 2 feet high at 20 yards. Bought it to see if I liked 1911's.

Model 70 FTW xtr .223 Bought it for a bench shooter, to go for small groups. It will shoot a small group....a small 2 shot group. Then that little pencil barrel heats up and starts throwing lead everywhere.

Hornd
August 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
Beretta92fs. Huge grip. Too b ig for my hand. And, the DA trigger is awful, the SA has a lot of take up. I hate to complain since we give this to our servicemen, but despite my excitement to get, I don't shoot it. Replaced with a P-89, which I love. The best DA trigger I have-Rivals my old colt revolvers.

Also cannot figure out why I got a 380 LCP. Carries great, no malfunctions, decent trigger, but too small to be very accurate, and truthfully only useful in limited situations. But wow it looks cool.

Gummy
August 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
SOCOM 16 I should have got a Scout or AR-10 type rifle.
Walther P 22 Internet pics of blowups made me sell it.
GSG 5 Fun to play with but that is about it.

nyc71
August 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
I would not dare to part ways with my SOCOM 16 or the Scout, Mosin On the other hand....

Erik M
August 17, 2012, 10:25 PM
5 pages and no mention of the Taurus Judge. For all the hate this gun gets and being labeled as nothing but a novelty gun I am surprised. I know they sell a ton of them so surely someone here has one.

Maybe people that actually have one like them:what:

I ride fourwheelers with an atv club and several members push others to purchase the Judge as a 'dedicated snake and wildlife deterrent'. Ive never been anywhere in the southeast US that I had to carry a sidearm because of an overpopulation of venomous snakes.

I know if I was backed into a corner by a large Boar or Black Bear I would want something more than birdshot out of a Taurus.

TennJed
August 18, 2012, 03:09 AM
I ride fourwheelers with an atv club and several members push others to purchase the Judge as a 'dedicated snake and wildlife deterrent'. Ive never been anywhere in the southeast US that I had to carry a sidearm because of an overpopulation of venomous snakes.

I know if I was backed into a corner by a large Boar or Black Bear I would want something more than birdshot out of a Taurus.

I agree that the push for the judge to be a snake gun or a good self defense option is overblown, but they are fun to shoot

btaylor73
August 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
For sure a Ruger Single Six hunter. It was a great gun and well made. I loved to handle it and just look at it. Just couldn't fall in love with the dang thing. Too slow to load and unload.

michiganfan
August 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
Too many.

Gtimothy
August 18, 2012, 10:40 AM
I had to have a Sig P229 because I shot one that belonged to a SEAL I used to shoot with when I was in the NAV. I finally got one and love it but it stays in the safe because I have other more fun guns to shoot! Now I want an M1A.....

jrdolall
August 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
Most of them. I generally buy guns on a spur of the moment basis, shoot them often for a while, and then move on to something else. I have scoped hunting rifles that have not been fired in years. How many bolt action 30-06s do I need? I have 7 of them and I actually hunt with 1. I don't sell guns so I guess I am a hoarder.

Bigdog57
August 18, 2012, 01:08 PM
I had been wanting to try the TC Contender. Bought one from a range buddy. 16" bull barrel .223Rem with LER scope - very accurate, IF I could hold it steady. Had the .22LR barrel too, also with LER scope.
Shot it awhile, then sold it. Just not my cup of joe..... Absoluely nothing wrong with it.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
August 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
By far and away M1A-----had it on lay-a-way for months---finally get it and go to the range----sold it on the way home.

eltigre_01
August 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
I am surprised about how many people don't like the M1A on this thread. I guess I will stay away from it....

I would have to say that the Ruger P95 is a gun I don't miss. I like it originally because of the DA/SA (which I prefer) but it was too wide for my hands and really heavy. I opted for a Sig Pro 2022.

barnbwt
August 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
My Remington 700SPS, I suppose :(. It's a fun gun, accurate too, but it just ain't no semi-auto. FNAR all the way! Ain't no way I'd ever sell it, though; it's my first gun!:)

My one impulse buy (and last) was a Franchi I-12 autoloading shotgun. Worked properly with sufficiently powerful loads, well made, reliable... but I just couldn't hit anything with the damn thing. Even with the adjustable stock elements, I had to Kentucky windage like no other (3ft down to the left :rolleyes:), so I sold it to finance a Franchi Diamond Elite O/U. That thing is scary accurate in my hands, probably 90% of the time I'll break both clays without hardly thinking about it, 95% if I do think about it.

TCB

skywalkrNCSU
August 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'll follow a lot of the other posts I have seen and say 1911. Didn't really see what it offered me that other .45's don't (and it had more FTF's than any other gun I have used)

Love the looks of them but will be hard pressed to buy another.

wgaynor
August 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
Taurus 94. Traded a Hi-Point C9 and a busted shotgun for it. Loved it for about 600 rounds and got bored. Doesn't compare to my Ruger Mrk III 22/45 and already have a single action .22lr. Needed a good .22lr bolt action for some cheap fundamental training. Just traded it for a new Marlin xt-22 ro. Loving it!

kimberkid
August 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
Desert Eagle in 44mag & 50ae
HK Socom 45
FN P90S
CZ52
Pretty much all micro's or pocket guns! but at least they have a practical purpose ;)

gym
August 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
Most low caliber handguns. I always end up questioning why I would carry anything lower than a 9mm or 380. Seacamps, in 32, baretta in 22, 25.Many that came and went so fast that I would have to concentrate to remember them all. Most cheap handguns, "you usually get what you pay for". I don't recall ever being pleasentlly suprised with a gun I got at very cheap price.

larryh1108
August 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
HK P7. Nice enough gun. Well made. Squeeze cocker didn't feel natural but the main reason is the heat. At the range, after 2 mags, it's hot. After 3 mags it's uncomfortable. After 4 mags you can't hold it. The fifth mag was down right painful from the heat. This was after letting it cool for 5 minutes. No thanks. If I can't shoot 50 rounds from it then I don't want it. I'll be selling it. Nice gun, though. Anyone want one send me a PM.

Elkins45
August 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
There were several for me:

M1 Carbine
Springfield Armory M1A
S&W 329

I'm sure there are others I will remember later.

sirgilligan
August 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Lost interest doesn't mean to me that something was functionally wrong with the item, it just failed to keep one interested in it.

For me it was the SIG 556. My first black rifle. My first SIG product. I had set expectation so high for Swiss Engineering and "to hell and back reliability" that I soon learned a valuable lesson that marketing works. :-) The rifle was combat accurate and worked fine, but I lost interest in it.

In a sense I loose interest in a firearm when I have proven it a keeper or one that needs to go. I like my keepers, cleaned and ready to fire, but I am always looking for the next keeper.

Calhoun
August 19, 2012, 02:23 PM
1911- Good ergos, accurate, fun to shoot. Just not the "end all be all" that people make them out to be.

CZ P-01- GREAT GUN, but it didn't work in the role I needed it for. Sold it to pay for another gun that did. I do hope to buy another in the future.

Kingofthehill
August 20, 2012, 02:47 AM
Desert Eagle- I love making a lot of noise but it was just expensive to shoot, ended ups selling it.

Taurus Judge- I had a ton of .45 Colt i got for a good price but didn't have a .45 Colt. It was just so big and akward. After i fired what i had i sold it.

Browning Hi-Power- 1911's are my favorite style handgun. I just didn't like the Browning and after a few times shooting it i never took it out anymore. I saved it for about 3 years hoping to get in to it but i ended up trading it for a 1911.

JOe

Kingofthehill
August 20, 2012, 02:50 AM
OH! Almost forgot.. I just HAD to get the M1a Socom in the snow camo. I just don't have a good pistol range to shoot at and no where on all the owned land in Texas to shoot.

I love texas but i miss the BLM land in Ca where im from.

Bigdog57
August 20, 2012, 11:56 AM
Another I 'had' to have..... french MAS 49/56. Paid too much, and being the early .308Win-modified model it was very unreliable. Accurate WHEN it would function. Tried various methods to make it better - got it improved but never to where I could trust it. Finally sold it. A buddy still has his, which he tortures himself with now and again. His 7.5 french version runs like a Timex.....

CAS700850
August 20, 2012, 05:01 PM
- Sig p232. Loved the looks. Loved the light weight and slim design for carry. Hated how it shot. A lot of slide bite on my hand. Not as fun to shoot as my Smith 649. Not as easy to pocket carry. Sits in my safe looking pretty now...
- Smith 642. Love J frame revolvers. Loved the light weight. Hated the recoil with carry loads. Trade pending...

August 20, 2012, 10:59 PM
glock 21, 30, 36, 37

gym
August 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
I always think I need all of the ones I see. You have to walk away and wait a day before you buy guns, "when you reach a certain point", unless you are going to actually use, or need for a specific gun, as in a duty gun , or have unlimited funds. The ones I kept were the ones that I spent the most the most time researching and using prior to plunking down a thousand dollars and realizing I made a mistake. Also caliber is important, "you want to be able to shoot it" without worrying about the cost.I would like certain guns, but I won't spend over a dollar a round for ammo, "that's no fun to me". And there is no reason that I would need anything that expensive to shoot. A 308 is as high as I would go with a rifle, and a 45 in a pistol, maybe a 10mm. But that's it.

PapaGeno21
August 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Gsg5 - Was cheap feeling, fun to shoot, but got super boring real fast. Sat for a couple years then traded it towards something else.

Ruger Single Six - Too slow to load for a 22. Traded towards a Blackhawk 45acp convertable. Love that one.

3 AR-15's and an AR-10. I have a lot more fun building them and picking out all the parts. Once they are done I find them super boring. Sold all of them and just sold my stripped lower and all tools. Done with them, they are just not for me.

Badlander
August 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hi cap anything. Just never found A need for it. I have them, just don't trip my trigger like I thought they would.

KevininPa
August 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
..........but due to the political atmosphere, got a FEG Hi Power clone. Never know, might not get one in the future. Glad I did though. Never had so much fun shooting a pistol!:D It makes me look good!

tomrkba
August 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ruger SP101
Browning BDA
Browning Hi-Power
Glock 22
Glock 23
1911's with 3" slides
1911's with Officers length frames
S&W Model 29 with 4" barrel and hot ammo
Bushmaster AR-15s
Knights Armament SR-15 (just needed a better rail without the silly flip-up front sight)
Arsenal AK-47 with milled receiver
Weatherby in 300 Win Mag
Phoenix Arms HP22 (before I knew better)
Ruger MKII with Luger style grip
CZ-75B
SIG P232
HK USP in 40 S&W
Glock 30 (BARF)
Glock 36 (even worse)
Any Mosin Nagant
M1 Garand

Mac Attack
August 21, 2012, 11:59 PM
I have had too many to name them all. In the past I sold or traded them off but then I just had sellers remorse. Now I don't sell/trade them unless I absolutely can't stand them or something better is avail for trade.

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

I got into a kick on the Hk P7 and ended up owning several different types. Sold them all off because I could no shoot them worth a damn.

I really had to have a K98 because I saw a guy at the range who let me shoot his and I had no problem hitting the gong at long distance. I found one but after a while the newness died off and I sold it for a loss.

I had to have a Colt 1903 because they are so darn cute and look like they could still be an effective SD HG. I found one who's appearance was not great but it's inners looked great. It was fun to shoot until the original mag broke. I have tried numerous aftermarket mags and none of them work. I would just buy an original mag but they cost more than I paid for the gun. So it just sits.

I really wanted a Sharps rifle but couldn't find one in my price range. When I did find one (that was out of my price range but it sure was pretty) I jumped on it. I bought all the gear to reload my Sharps with BP and shot 300 rounds through it before the thought of having to clean the rifle, cases and the effort involved to load BP centerfire cartridges was more than I wanted. I haven't shot it in a couple of years and now wish I would have bought the M1A instead.

When I got tired of having to strap on a belt to carry my HG, I thought a small .380 ACP that I could drop into my pocket would be the perfect ticket. I came across a fair deal on a Keltec P3AT and immediately scooped it up. However, after firing it a few hundred times, I realized I did not like the trigger slap that comes with the P3AT. I still carry it but I don't like to shoot it much.

I also had to have a S&W revolver in .45 ACP. I found a fair deal on one on GB and bought it. It sure is fun to shoot and is really accurate in my hands but I realized it was too large to carry daily and even though I learned to shoot DA well, I find myself to be more of a 1911 guy. I still have it but am not real interested in it anymore.

And my most current one, is a Colt Detective Special. My dad had one when I was kid and just loved how it felt and the look of the Colt Royal blue finish with the shrouded barrel. I found one locally for a steal and had to buy it. However, when I am carrying it I feel like I have a brick in my pocket and the thickness of the factory grips. I am still up in the air on this one but after ordering a Milt Sparks PMK belt holster and a Mika pocket holster as well as a hammer shroud, I realize I have too much invested into it to outright sell it. The gun is great, but the trigger pull is not as great as people say (its kind of spongy) and its practically as heavy as my Colt Commander. I figure if I have to strap on a belt to carry a HG it might as well be one of my 1911's and not a semi valuable Colt DS.

O C
August 22, 2012, 12:46 AM
I just gave up and tried to get at least one of everything.

ZGunner
August 22, 2012, 06:50 AM
Stag Arms Model 6. Thought I wanted a varmit rifle, now I'd rather just have a carbine. with scope and bipod that thing is 12 pounds, I don't even like to carry it that far. lol

At least I just need to get a new upper and not waste more on a whole new rifle.

Broken Anvil
August 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
Ruger Blackhawk in 45 colt. Had to have it, couldn't afford the Colt SSA and it was before the days of the Vaquero. Crappy trigger, awfull grip and wouldn't even turn the extra 45 acp cylinder. Flame me if you want but it's the third Ruger POS I've owned. My cheap italian Remington blackpower 44 shoots so much better which makes me even more aggravated.

ForumSurfer
August 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
It was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I ran about 200 rounds through it and loved it. I had to have one and had a hard time finding one. I bought it, had a couple of custom holsters made, ran 500 rounds through it in one session and then just didn't care for it in the least anymore.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/johnnnyhgmail/CZ%20PCR/Untitled.jpg

Green Lantern
August 22, 2012, 06:01 PM
I had a jones for a PSL a while back. While it was nice and all, I didn't really fall in love with it. When I got a good offer for it, I sold it and had no regrets.

Of course, by then I'd come across the M1A rifle...which filled the PSL's gap in my collection VERY nicely. It lived up to the hype and then some for me.

Doogledog
August 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sig 239 in .40 S&W
I bought it with out ever actually holding one. Big mistake! It never felt right in my hand. It's too heavy and thick to carry and the balance is just off. I never had any problem with the caliber but that pistol just felt like I was holding a brick. I lost my butt when I got rid of it but I picked up a Kahr CW9 with the proceeds and don't regret it because the Kahr feels so much better in the hand.
Berretta M9
Just too doggone big for a 9mm.

Pukindog12
August 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
Kel Tec PF9. It was a good gun. I wanted to get a 2nd one for backup but didn't find one at a price I'd pay for it. Instead I purchased a Kahr CW9 and it was all over. Bought another CW9 to back up the first and the PF9 went bye bye.

Johannes_Paulsen
August 22, 2012, 10:42 PM
Another vote for 1911s. I started off with a Springfield EMP. Utterly unreliable at the first day on the range. Sent back to Springfield for a fix...it worked great....until this spring, when it started jamming again. I did a thorough cleaning, it was reliable again, made it through a 600 round weekend class...then it went back to being unreliable, plus having light primer strikes.

Not having had enough, I traded it for a Colt Commander. Worked great, but it just didn't fit my hand, and was actually painful to shoot.

Traded that for two Glocks, which have worked just fine. I love how 1911s look and shoot...but for something that expensive, it just seems that it should work better for me out of the box. ANd no matter how 'cool' they seem to be, I'm buying these handguns for self defense, not cool factor.

CZ-75BD
August 22, 2012, 11:15 PM
Armscor M200
Like the gun design, got it. Shot - 100 rounds and lost interest, I'm not into revolvers.
Put on sell on GunBroker.

sniperlongshot
August 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
if i could go back in time on this one, i'd said no and been a rich man

TennJed
August 23, 2012, 05:47 PM
Ruger SP101
Browning BDA
Browning Hi-Power
Glock 22
Glock 23
1911's with 3" slides
1911's with Officers length frames
S&W Model 29 with 4" barrel and hot ammo
Bushmaster AR-15s
Knights Armament SR-15 (just needed a better rail without the silly flip-up front sight)
Arsenal AK-47 with milled receiver
Weatherby in 300 Win Mag
Phoenix Arms HP22 (before I knew better)
Ruger MKII with Luger style grip
CZ-75B
SIG P232
HK USP in 40 S&W
Glock 30 (BARF)
Glock 36 (even worse)
Any Mosin Nagant
M1 Garand

What guns do you like ? ;)

MTMilitiaman
August 23, 2012, 05:49 PM
Heckler & Koch USP Tactical 45

Introduced to this gun on Counter Strike my freshman year in college. Always been a gun geak, so I did my homework and it seemed like no one had anything bad to say about it. Read everything I could fine on it on the Internet for years while I saved till I was 21. Then I bought it as a birthday present to myself. Never worked right. I should have taken it right back in the store as soon as I got it to the car, loaded it, and noticed the loaded chamber indicator didn't work. I don't care much for loaded chamber indicators...could take them or leave them. Never rely on them. But it could have hinted at problems to come. Thing never worked for me. I wanted to love it, but HK wouldn't even give me a service number for it. I guess their service has improved, but for me, they wouldn't even give the time of day cause I didn't have a uniform on at the time. Anyways, it's a $1000 paperweight collecting dust in a closet at my dad's house, and I have moved on to bigger and better things. I've told my dad and my bro that whoever fixes it can have it cause near as I can tell, either of my Glocks are twice the handgun at half the price.

I was an HK fan until I actually owned an HK.

Big Mike
August 23, 2012, 09:11 PM
Ruger 3" GP 100.

Robtattoo
August 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
10/22 for me. I didn't want one for ever, then I spent a day with a gunsmith who does a lot of custom work on Rugers & decided I HAD to have one.
Picked one up in a trade for a CZ452 & spent a TON of money scoping it & getting it how I thought I needed it. Shot maybe 50 rounds through it & then it sat in the safe. Every time I wanted or needed to shoot a .22 I grabbed my Henry. I just totally lost all interest in the Ruger. Didn't enjoy shooting it & honestly never thought about taking it to the range. I traded it for another CZ452 & learned a lesson.

I still grab the Henry 99 times out of 100, but the CZ sees a LOT of range time!

sansone
August 24, 2012, 08:37 AM
me too, after ownership it just resembled something made in a 3rd world cave.

hang fire
August 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Browning High Power. Found the action, trigger and accuracy atrocious, got rid of it ASP.

jon_in_wv
December 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
H&K P7. Bought it, loved to shoot it, didn't carry as well as I liked, sold it. Now I SOOO wish I kept it though.

Clipper
December 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
C-96 Mauser in .30 Mauser...Got a ragged-out non-functional gun for $200.00 and replaced the barrel/extension with a 9mm piece. Got it firing and decided I didn't really like it, The action was like assembling a watch, and disassembly was kind of a pain. Sold it for $500.00

speedway
December 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
I used to go bananas over S&W pinned and recessed revolvers. Now I hardly give them a second look. I don't really care for revolvers any more it seems.....

Legionnaire
December 13, 2012, 09:13 PM
Mini-14, M1A ... neither did anything for me.

shadow9
August 22, 2013, 11:08 PM
CZ 550 FS in 6.5x55 (amazingly) - got it, pined for it through 3 different other guns (kept avoiding it), finally bought one - now I find it's a tad big for a "mannlicher" design, the new handgrip (although gorgeous) is thick as hell, and the checkering is too sparse - with sweaty hands, it slides all over the place. Lastly, it tips in at 8 lbs! So much for that "7.2lbs" on the CZ website...

Thinking of a T3 in 7-08, but heard they kick like a donkey until you get a limbsaver put on it...

fallout mike
August 22, 2013, 11:09 PM
90% of the guns I get.....

kcshooter
August 22, 2013, 11:35 PM
Thinking of a T3 in 7-08, but heard they kick like a donkey until you get a limbsaver put on it...I have one in 338 Fed, and that's true, but the gun is worth dropping $35 on a limbsaver.

MrDig
August 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
actually it was not that compact at all it was too wide and I could never get used to the trigger.

Agsalaska
August 23, 2013, 01:10 AM
90% of the guns I get.....
Haha. That was my first thought.

Probably my AK and My AR. I am not a big range guy so whter or not I like shooting them doesnt really matter. But I like wood, levers, cylanders, bolts, etc. So neither of those do anything for me. Thats certainly not to say that they are for sale. NOTHING is for sale. But I could really care less about them.

RippinSVT
August 23, 2013, 01:21 AM
AK's. I've owned 3 of them, and each one got a few mags shot threw it, then sold/traded. I still fail to see the appeal of them. I know the "what if" crowd loves to spout about how impossible they are to get to fail, but frankly, I'm not tossing them in the mud, and they do nothing particularly well for me. Just a big clunky piece of Red Commie machinery.

That and the Browning 1911-22. When they first came out, I had to have one. I paid around $500-525 and positively hated the gun. It spit flecks of rimfire goodness in my face every shot, was piss-poor accurate, didn't shoot to POA, etc. Sold it gladly at a $100 loss just because I didn't wanna look at it again.

I'm sure there are dozens of others, hell, I buy guns almost weekly out of boredom. I gotta say though, my SAI M21 with stainless Kreiger that I just bought is the bees knees. I want to sleep with it.

bannockburn
August 23, 2013, 01:36 AM
Now that I think about it there are a couple more:

H&K P7-Unique design and great quality but the whole squeeze cocker thing just didn't work well for me.

H&K P9 .45ACP-Another great design and ahead of its time with the use of lightweight alloys and polymer in its frame assembly. Downside was the overly complicated roller block system (with all of its attendant parts), and the long, too far forward reach of the DA trigger.

Browning Model 1910-Someone previously mentioned this one. I bought it because I was fascinated by how well the gun itself was built and how clean and streamlined it looked. Didn't take long to realize that for CCW the gun was outdated, being somewhat heavy and wide, as well as having a less than ideal sight set-up.

Oxidation
August 23, 2013, 03:26 AM
Beretta a400 Unico 12ga semi-auto. After the first trip to the range with it, ive to this day only grabbed my pumps when going shooting. Thats been over a year since I got it.

Ignition Override
August 23, 2013, 05:02 AM
Both Russian MN 44s, but only because the groups at 50 yards were terrible: about 6", using a benchrest and only Bulg. ammo. Yes, the bayonets were extended most of the time.

The sights on the Yugo Mauser were a turn off. In stark contrast to this topic, the reason I decided to Keep It was because of the 1,900 rds. of 8x57 ammo on hand during last winter's panic.
At 100 yards or more, the sights aren't as bad as they seemed, though the trigger is a bit tight.

The Lone Haranguer
August 23, 2013, 07:31 AM
S&W 640-1 (J-frame .357 Magnum). Then I shot it.

kimbershot
August 23, 2013, 07:40 AM
tommy gun--kahr arms m1 model carbine. heavy and awkward. would be better as a sbr with shortened butt stock.

jrdolall
August 23, 2013, 08:01 AM
Most of them.

I own 20 different guns for deer hunting but I shoot the same 30-06 95% of the time.

I have over 30 shotguns but I use two of them.

I would have to count pistols but I use 2 for carry, one in the truck and one for HD. The rest go to the range for giggles and then just sit in the safe.

I like all my "automatic assault rifles" but honestly none of them really excite me anymore. The kids like them.

Flfiremedic
August 23, 2013, 08:24 AM
Wiley Clapp Colt Commander...second time it came back from Colt, I had zero interest in it.

Sav .250
August 23, 2013, 09:01 AM
A Winchester 100 in 308 cal. The groups would fit in a bucket. Plus,it was a load! To heavy for my taste.

gondorian
August 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
SKS, really wanted to get one, handled it but then I got a Garand :)

PabloJ
August 23, 2013, 10:39 AM
Whats a gun you really lusted over, then after buying it, quickly lost interest?
Bought S&W 940 for good price. Put it on consignment at LGS not long after I bought it. It spent a day there before I went and got the gun back. Still have it as defensive handgun.

commygun
August 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
Too many to mention. Happily, I seldom experience that kind of gun-lust anymore.

MacTech
August 23, 2013, 01:53 PM
Older model Remington 870 express Supermag with 28" remchoked barrel and metal TG, blond wood

The receiver always had a faint reddish patina, even though no rust would show up during cleaning, the LOP was too long and it just didn't fit right, traded it back for store credit and got a tiny bit more than I paid for it, used the credit to fund a used, but great condition EOtech for my AR....

danweasel
August 23, 2013, 02:23 PM
.40 FNP. I thought that gun felt so smooooth in the hand. In reality I can't get a decent grip on it to save my life.

Recently sold.

-Dan

Blackbeard
August 23, 2013, 03:53 PM
Beretta 92FS. Looks pretty. Not as nice to shoot as my Glock.

Njal Thorgeirsson
August 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
Im suprised to see so many super blackhawks in this thread.

For me, its the 1895 nagant revolver. Accuracy would probably be decent with oversized cast bullets and handloads, but with regular ammo accuracy is awful.

claiborne
August 23, 2013, 08:03 PM
I've purchased or traded for about 110 firearms in my 44 years, some particular models and or calibers I owned several examples of. I only have 10 firearms now, 2 handguns, 5 highpower rifles, 2 rimfire rifles and one shotgun. So I guess I can answer yes to your question...:confused:

Magnuumpwr
August 23, 2013, 08:05 PM
State Arms 50 BMG. Personally picked each part, waited close to a year for it, shot it quite often the first 2 years, and now there it sits on the shelf. Next, Cobb BA50, replaced the State Arms. Again boredom set in, now there it sits in it's case. It was replaced by the M3 belt fed. Another example, Remington 700 SPS in 308 shot it every weekend for about 3 months, then replaced it with a 700 SPS in 300 blackout. Care to guess where it stays? In it's case. I could go on like this for days. Majority of my guns are purchased, shot pretty regularly, then stored when something new is purchased. Rifle with a rifle, pistol with a pistol, and shotgun with shotgun. I know I can't be the only one that does this, just some people may refuse to admit it!!!;)

Double_J
August 23, 2013, 08:20 PM
I will add the Beretta 92, Glock 20, Benelli M4, AK pattern (I might get one if I find one for a reasonable price), AR pattern (I have to decide on AR-15 or AR-10), and a Remington 700 Police (I shot a Savage model 10 and it is so much better for me).

I guess one day I will buy all of those on my list, but I have many other more important things to buy first. Like a house, new truck, etc.

Iggy
August 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
Luger. Wanted one from the time I was a kid. Finally picked one up in a pawn shop. Sold it a week later for a bunch more than I paid for it.

Don't miss it a bit.

MagnumWill
August 23, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mosin M44. I had to have one, they were $99 at the time, it was shorter than a 91/30, folding bayonet, blew fire- what else could you possibly ask for!?

In truth, it was just as cumbersome as the 91/30, HEAVY due to that stupid bayonet being there and all the weight being closer to you, and the point of impact changed ridiculously with the bayo in/out. I personally like guns that can consistently hit what you point it at, not a full sight-ring to the left :rolleyes:

I tried refinishing the stock to a lighter color, took the bayonet off, replaced it with a bipod later, tried to gussy it up and I still couldn't bring myself to like it. I put it back in its original configuration and traded it in for credit in my 590A1, which I *truly* love, right next to my RPK and New Agent.

twofifty
August 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
An M1 when I was 9 years old.
One week later I'd lost all interest in that toy cap-gun rifle.

jcv
August 23, 2013, 09:16 PM
Swiss K-31. Sights were too fine for my aging eyes, and ammo got hard to find.

all357mag
August 23, 2013, 09:30 PM
Had two different AR's, at different times. A Colt and a Sabre Defence, both were garbage! Rifles for specific purpose, not mine! A Colt 1911 when I first got my permit. The Series '80 was crude, sloppy garbage.

marv
August 24, 2013, 12:04 AM
My DA revos are all S&W and Ruger. Had to have a Colt to round out my assortment Got a nice Colt Official Police at a show. Took it out and ran a couple cylinderfuls thru it and back into the safe it went. Don't think I could ever get used to its double action.

Impureclient
August 24, 2013, 01:16 AM
The first .22 gun I bought. I didn't research at all and just bought the rifle as they were so frequently recommended due to ease of changing the gun up, like an AR-15. I bought the S.S. model from Walmart.
I lost interest due to the average accuracy, cheap feel and small size. Moved onto better guns...CZ. I know the Ruger can be upgraded for boatloads of cash to shoot better just like making a Honda Civic
as fast as a Corvette but it's still a Civic like it's still a 10/22. We still have it and I guess I'll keep it as more of a memorabilia if anything. Maybe use it as a gift for a new shooter?

mljdeckard
August 24, 2013, 01:34 AM
1st gen Sigma .40. I thought it felt so cool in the hand, saw it on the cover of a couple of magazines, had to have it. At that time, I had no idea what the difference was between a good trigger and a bad one.

orionengnr
August 24, 2013, 01:42 AM
Most expensive:
HK P7M10. I'd owned several P7s before and this was a "grail gun". Finally got one (actually, found a consecutive numbered pair), and it was just like any P7...except a bunch bigger and clunkier. I don't think I kept them a year. Good news...made a buck or two on that deal. :)

Most (potentially) unpopular choice:
Glock 23. Had it for ten years and probably didn't put 1000 rounds through it. Just never got enthusiastic about it. Traded it for a G19, which I kept for a year or two, and then sold.

Biggest disappointment:
Springfield EMP. Partially my own fault as I bought a very early example. It was ridiculously unreliable--spent as much time In transit, and at Geneseo, as it did in my hands. Sold at a serious loss, but I have other 1911s that keep me happy.

Longest run:
Had a half-dozen S&W Scandium revolvers. Loved the concept, bought in (did I ever)...but eventually figured out that they weren't getting any easier to shoot well. Sold them all and bought a few older (pre-ILS) S&W revolvers, some P&Red. I actually enjoy shooting these revolvers.

Probably a few others, but that will do for now.

wow6599
August 24, 2013, 03:03 AM
Mossberg 590A1 with a Speedfeed stock. Between the LOP and heavy 20" barrel, it just felt terrible.

hemiram
August 24, 2013, 06:05 AM
1911s. My first one, an AMT Longslide Hardballer had a major galling issue, and even if run sopping wet wouldn't shoot a whole mag very often. I went and sold it and bought a Colt Combat Commander, and the AMT was better. Two gunsmiths said they had never seen a gun so badly machined from Colt before. Two trips to Colt just got it scratched up, it was never reliable at all. A friend's recent high dollar 1911 phase just reinforced my never wanting another one. My EAA Witness and my S&W 4506 made them look very bad for over $1000 less in some cases.

itchy1
August 24, 2013, 08:11 AM
Another Ruger SS experience here. After shooting a friends, I thought it would be cool to own one. After taking it to the range a couple of times, I realized just how much I hate the cumbersome activity unloading the gun. The grip just doesn't work for me either.

KingMedicine
August 24, 2013, 11:38 AM
It's funny, between all of us, every gun is pretty boring...

The gun that fits this for me has been said a few times. It's that keltec sub2000. I had a su16 and enjoyed it. Then always wanted that carbine and finally got one. Shot four rounds and it was okay. Kinda boring. Sold it off and threw that cash into something else

lumpylead
August 24, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yankee Hill Ar

9mmfan
August 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
I lusted after an M1A Standard Loaded for a good long while. Went to a gun show fully expecting to get one. Found one, even had the means at the time. Stood there and looked at it, walked around, came back and looked at it some more. Just couldn't justify the expense for something I would probably only shoot a few times a year. I blame the influence of my now wife. There is no way I showed such reason and restraint on my own.:evil:

I did end up getting a Garand from the CMP a year or two later for a bit less than half what the M1As were going for.

I think I made the right call.

Stevie-Ray
August 24, 2013, 03:57 PM
With all the HK genuflection, I thought I'd be the only one unimpressed with the HKUSPC, but it seems there have been quite a few of us. I'm really surprised at the P7 posts, an HK that I'd still like to have. Giving me second thoughts.;)

August 24, 2013, 04:44 PM
Gun You HAD To Get, Got, Then Lost Interest
Walther P88.
A classic. So nice looking. Got it (bought it online). Then found out the grip has got to be one of the worst I ever felt on a pistol. :uhoh: Awkward and bulky. Now, I'm in the process of getting rid of it.

Probably would have made the same mistake with the HK P7 series, if I hadn't a chance to fondle one first in person. Squeeze cocker? Unimpressed.

Telekinesis
August 24, 2013, 05:07 PM
An under folding AK. It did a great job at what I wanted it to do (basically fold into a nice small package that made it easy to conceal in a case that made it look like anything other than a gun while walking between my car and apartment) but I hated shooting the thing. the rails on the stock were horrible on my cheek and the stock has a little bit of wobble to it.

I ended up trading it during the panic for a nice accuratized Remington 700 in .308 with a good number of extras that was worth more than twice what I'd paid for the AK. It's a good rifle shooting MOA or a bit under with factory ammo (still need to start loading for it...) so I'd say that I was pleased with the trade.

Mk VII
August 24, 2013, 05:08 PM
Arisaka 38. What a worthless PoS that gun was. Thinking about it, I think he switched guns on me from when I had originally seen it. Fired it once, or twice, it gave 'tippers' [broadside on]. Got rid of it after that.

USAF_Vet
August 25, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mosin m91/30, bought it and didn't love it.
Savage Axis 30-06, same story.

I've bought and later sold many guns, but those are two are didn't miss and really count wait to get rid of.

460Kodiak
August 26, 2013, 03:08 PM
Thinking seriously about ditching my Sig P556. It is a fun range toy, but it doesn't put a smile on my face like my revolvers and my 1911 does. I also can't afford to shoot it, and well, I guess it just isn't my style.

S&W 642. Though it was great when I bought it. Shooting it isn't fun due to recoil of the 15oz frame. It's hard to hold onto and hard to hit accurately with. Since buying my XDs (which I shoot great!) I just don't carry or shoot it any more.

You know those people who love to restore classic cars, and as soon as they finish one, they sell it and start on another? It's because it's the work they enjoy. I find I'm the same way with guns. If I'm not working on some sort of deal or trade or collecting parts and pieces I need for a particular gun build, I get bored with my collection. Though there are some guns in my lineup that absolutely will not be sold........

All of them are revolvers......

Speedo66
August 26, 2013, 04:21 PM
I've had a few nice guns I tired of quickly.

I think of it like this, for many of the beautiful women you see on the street or in the movies who you'd love to be with, there's a guy somewhere tired of her crap. :D

22-rimfire
August 26, 2013, 05:10 PM
If I grow "tired" of a firearm, I generally just park it. If it stays parked for a couple years, I will probably sell it.

Warp
August 26, 2013, 08:40 PM
KelTec sub-2000

Sold it.

grampster
August 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
Beretta 9000. Swapped it with a friend for a Walther PPK-S

DNS
August 26, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mosin Nagant.
Good rifle but hard to scope and my eyes did the middle age thing about the same time. Steel buttplate was just sadistic too.

Sub2000.
Another good rifle but only pratical for shotgun and rimfire range. Again hard to scope and still keep the cool folding action (although I think they've overcome that now).

HiPoint 9mm pistol.
Worked great and accurate but stupid easy to limp wrist.

justice06rr
August 26, 2013, 09:25 PM
I bought a Colt M4 (LE6920) after the panic this year. Only after a month of owning it, i'm already selling it for current value. Its a great rifle though.

FastCut
August 27, 2013, 12:24 AM
Sig Mosquito, bought it to practice with since I own various other SIG's and the gun just wont perform without CCI MiniMags....Needless to say, anything CCI is just a pain to obtain anymore. Gun turns into a jamomatic with any other type of ammo.

Dean1818
August 27, 2013, 08:14 AM
CZ75 in 40 nickle

Nice gun.... just didnt love it

Marlin 336 30 30

Nice gun...... just didnt love it

Kahr CM9, K9

Nice guns....... didnt love them

SKS

Enjoyed it for 3 years

Did trigger mods, stock rebuilt, red dot add........

After I bought an 6.8 AR15 from Bison Armory,

I quickly tired of the 2-3 MOA accuracy from the SKS

aarondhgraham
August 27, 2013, 10:52 AM
Rowena is a 6" Colt Trooper Mk-III in .22 LR.

http://aarondgraham.com/lwat/handguns/06-rowena.JPG

I bought it as a rimfire companion for Raquel,,,
My 4" Colt Trooper Mk-III in .357 Magnum.

http://aarondgraham.com/lwat/handguns/05-raquel.JPG

At the time I was freaky for matching rimfire/centerfire pairs,,,
I searched long and hard for a .22 in great condition,,,
But after I finally made the purchase,,,
I shot maybe 250 rounds from her,,,
Then haven't fired her since.

I don't regret buying her,,,
She is in immaculate condition,,,
And I'm sure she's increasing in value each day.

It's just that as shooters the Colts are not my favorites at all,,,
They perform very well and both have more accuracy than I can use.

But I prefer shooting my S&W's much more,,,
My K-frames fit my hands better,,,
And are just as accurate.

I've considered selling both of the Colts,,,
But I'm in no hurry to do that,,,
I just don't shoot 'em much.

Aarond

Teachu2
August 27, 2013, 03:17 PM
In my youth, a 629 6" .44 Magnum. Shoulda waited for the .460 .....

Schwing
August 27, 2013, 04:10 PM
My Springfield XD-45. I just had to have it years back when they first came out. I shot it twice and haven't taken it out of the safe except to lube it every couple of years.

August 27, 2013, 07:26 PM
Walther P88.
A classic. So nice looking. Got it (bought it online). Then found out the grip has got to be one of the worst I ever felt on a pistol. :uhoh: Awkward and bulky. Now, I'm in the process of getting rid of it.

Probably would have made the same mistake with the HK P7 series, if I hadn't a chance to fondle one first in person. Squeeze cocker? Unimpressed.
And, another just came to mind, the FN FS2000. Don't know what I was thinking. Space age looking, but the ergonomic was just ridiculous. The thumb hole pistol grip and the weak hand forward gripping area were just plain awkward. Guess I bought it because it looked cool at the time.:rolleyes:

Elm Creek Smith
August 27, 2013, 07:47 PM
speedway: I used to go bananas over S&W pinned and recessed revolvers. Now I hardly give them a second look. I don't really care for revolvers any more it seems.....

Blasphemy!

Sorry. Lost my head. For me it was a Glock 23. Got it. Hated that it wouldn't shoot as well as the CZ-75 or 2nd Generation 3 inch Colt Detective Special that had to go for me to get it. Worked with it to find out that it liked light bullets pushed hard to get really good accuracy. Carried it for several years. Then dumped it like an ugly blind date to get a 3 inch S&W Model 13-3. Been happy with my revolvers ever since.

ECS

btg3
August 27, 2013, 09:59 PM
ANY colt revolver.
Wanted a snake.
Played with a Commander.
Owned/sold a PPS.
Over it now. Sticking with SW and Ruger.

btg3
August 27, 2013, 10:01 PM
Ruger LCP... until I shot one.
TRY before you buy!!!
For .380, the Bersa Thunder is "it".

btg3
August 27, 2013, 10:04 PM
M&P Shield.
If they'd been in stock, I'd have bought it.
Cooled off and looked at comparison to M&Pc which I already own.
Over it.
$450 saved.

btg3
August 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
870 magnum.
Can you say h-e-a-v-y?
Had 3 other 870s.
Magnum sold.

chicharrones
August 27, 2013, 10:08 PM
I wanted to get an H&R 999 Sportsman for a couple decades. I finally bought one a couple years ago and it turns out the features that would make it a quick unload/quick load gun really don't matter. I even bought a pair of speed loaders for it.

The bottom line is the SA trigger is too stiff to make a nice target gun, even though it is accurate. The DA action is way too stiff to be a good quick shooter. The mechanicals inside sound quaint (not robust) and the guts are pinned in place instead of having easy repeatable access. So, it is really a delicate shooter for slower paced single action practice.

It's a nice gun and all, but I kinda wish I'd kept my money.

Quoheleth
August 27, 2013, 10:21 PM
In no particular order...

AR - right after the first Obama scare ('08), I ordered one. Fired <100 rounds through it. Cool and fun, but just not my thing.

Mosin - Turns out, I'm not into sadism.

Blackhawk .41 and .357 Mag - Kinda fun, in a cowboy sort of way, but slow to shoot & reload. The promised hog hunting expeditions never came along so I didn't need the Ruger's ability for uber-heavy loads.

Smith 25-5 - Beautiful gun and, in some ways I wish I had kept it. But, with my small hands I had a very hard time shooting it DA, so I only shot it SA. Couldn't justify keeping that kind of $ tied up in a safe queen, so I sold it.

Sig P250 - DAO trigger should have made it a great carry gun - no safety to mess with. But it was thicker than I remembered, and on my hip it made me look like I had a massive goiter on my hip. Bye-bye.

Taurus PT738 - See Mosin explanation.

Rock Island Compact - Other than a slightly shorter grip, no real benefit of it vs a Gov't model. With the weight, and having developed a bad back, I never really carried it (which was why I bought it) so it went away.

Speedo66
August 28, 2013, 12:37 PM
Would that be masochism on the Mosin? :rolleyes:

TrickyDick
August 28, 2013, 02:40 PM
Huglu 12 GA O/U. Very beautiful gun...... It was too beautiful, and kicked like a mule. I don't baby my guns, and this was a beauty queen..... so I sold it and bought an AK. :-)

claiborne
August 28, 2013, 03:04 PM
My list of bought, traded and sold guns is at about 113 for the last 28 years. I currently have seven rifles, two shotguns and two pistols. Most recently I traded my last AR, an unfired SS colt 1911 and 20g benelli shotgun (all guns that I had to have at one time), for a Les Baer 1911 that I just had to have, after taking it out a couple times shooting, I sold it to pay off a couple bills. :banghead:
Easy come easy go I guess..........

BillBloggins
August 28, 2013, 03:54 PM
Glock 23 gen 4. Have a G-22 gen 3, thought I would get the slightly smaller G-23 for carry. I liked the looks of the gen 4 and was sold on the features. Just never turned into a gun I wanted to shoot much- and I so wanted to like it as my full size G-22 is fantastic. Had to sell it and now I think I will give a CZ 75 BD a go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun You HAD To Get, Got, Then Lost Interest" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!