Berreta Strom PX4 45 acp

PDA

CarlJ
August 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
I am interested in this for my next 45 pistol. Anybody shot one? Does the design truly reduce recoil?

If you enjoyed reading about "Berreta Strom PX4 45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
August 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
I have not shot one, but have handled them. They seem pretty well made and comfortable. I think I may prefer the S&W M&P, but the Beretta would be a close second.

Here is a review from the late Mr. Camp

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/shooting_the_45-caliber%20beretta%20PX4.htm

Drzzit
December 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
I got 1 about 2 months ago and I think it has better recoil than My XDm 9mm compact. I believe it is due to the rotating barrel, but could be just the difference between a full size and compact.

ryno31
December 14, 2012, 01:41 AM
I recently traded mine in and the only reason I traded it in was so that I could afford a .45 that I could easily conceal and carry. It was a great weapon in my opinion and I was sad to see it go. It was very accurate, felt great in the hands, and the rotating barrel does make a difference as it had less felt recoil than 98% of the .40's I've shot but still more than a 9mm. If I had more money it would still be in my safe but I opted for a .45 I could carry IWB as the Storm was just to big in my case to comfortably and realistically pull it off. It was a breeze to field strip and clean, never had a malfunction of any sort through the roughly 700-800 rds I put through it, and it would be a fine purchase.

LUCKYDAWG13
December 14, 2012, 08:39 AM
what did you trade for

fanchisimo
December 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
My friend had one that he only got rid of for financial reasons. It has been a while, but it's recoil was very manageable. Seemed like a good pistol.

ryno31
December 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
Luckydawg, I traded for a Springfield XDS .45

If you enjoyed reading about "Berreta Strom PX4 45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!