First gun help

PDA

scar_47
August 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
My friend has the opportunity to purchase a Tauras pt111 9mm with night sights, 4 mags, a shoulder holster, and OWB holster for $260, this would be his first gun. Should he go fo it or not?

If you enjoyed reading about "First gun help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lloveless
August 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Not a bad price. Why is the person selling it, and can your friend shoot it before buying?
ll

scar_47
August 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
No reason for selling was given, and yes he can shoot it before purchase.

auditor
August 12, 2012, 08:40 PM
I have an 845 and 65. Firends should not let friends buy a Taurus. Guess that says a lot about my friends. Actually, my little 85 is OK. The 845 (DA/SA) runs great. I just don't like the DA/SA part.

The_Armed_Therapist
August 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
Great first gun, especially at that price! Tell him to go for it.

smalls
August 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
For $260? That's a pretty fair deal for what he's getting with it, if the gun isn't beat up.

But sometimes people say "Look at all this stuff that you can have with it!" to take your eyes of the actual item you're purchasing.

wbwanzer
August 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
Tell your friend to look it over good. If it looks to be in good condition, then he should test drive since he can. If he likes it then go for it at that price.

MedWheeler
August 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
That's a good price in these parts. If I was in the market, I'd go for it.. I have no issues with Taurus (if I did, I'd elaborate on them.)

rookorami
August 13, 2012, 09:21 PM
If its in good condition and after trying he likes it I don't see why not. Sounds like a good start.

If you enjoyed reading about "First gun help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!