Nazi 9mm ammo

PDA

primerboy
February 25, 2004, 01:13 PM
I just inherited a WWII Nazi stamped Browning Hi-Power.

Question: any ideas where I can find some nazi head stamped 9 mm ammo not to shoot, of course!)?

Thanks ...

If you enjoyed reading about "Nazi 9mm ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
February 25, 2004, 02:26 PM
Gun shows or cartridge collector shows.

another okie
February 25, 2004, 08:40 PM
I didn't know ammunition could belong to a political party.

Jim K
February 25, 2004, 11:27 PM
WWII vintage German ammo has no "Nazi" markings. The normal headstamp shows the maker of the case, the type of case and the month and day the case was made. Unlike U.S. ammo, the headstamp does not necessarily indicate the company that actually loaded the round or the date it was loaded, although on pistol ammo the maker of the case and the loader were normally the same.

Most of what is around seems to be steel case, sintered iron bullet with the black (tropic) ring around the bullet at the case mouth. A fair amount of pre- and early-war brass case ammo is around.

If you want to spring for it, you can find it in the original 16 round boxes (two magazines for the Luger or P.38).

Jim

.45FMJoe
February 25, 2004, 11:35 PM
Ammoman has some German waffenampt headstamped rifle ammo......

.45FMJoe
February 25, 2004, 11:36 PM
I got a Nazi proofed HP too, what kind of shape is yours in? :)

Mike Irwin
February 26, 2004, 12:45 AM
"WWII vintage German ammo has no "Nazi" markings."

Other than the fact the headstamp indicates year of manufacture which, depending on the year stamping, would indicate production under Nazi leadership.

Case was made in 1943, lot 7 of that year, by Metallwerke Odertal? The Nazis were running the show.

The boxes in which the ammunition is packed often DO have distinct Nazi markings, however, including the Eagle/Swastika marking of the Reich.

Feanaro
February 26, 2004, 04:44 AM
I didn't know ammunition could belong to a political party.

I guess all those German weapons from WWII with Nazi Waffenampt marks didn't REALLY belong to the Nazis as well. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Nazi 9mm ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!