Tp 45

PDA

Lever Gun Nut
August 15, 2012, 07:30 PM
Has anyone had any experience wi the Kahr TP 45 ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tp 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
usp9
August 16, 2012, 09:10 AM
I do. I bought it with the intent of cutting the grip down to the "P" size length that would take the P45 magazine. I wanted the longer barrel of the TP, but the better concealability of the P45 grip. I never did the conversion though.

Maybe I'm too old, or my grip strength has lessened, but I just could not shoot the very lightweight Kahr with any speed. The recoil messed up my grip, especially when shooting +P ammo.

The gun proved to be quite accurate. I had some stovepipes in the 800 or so rounds put through it. I also have a P45 and several other Kahrs. Good guns. This one just didn't make me go to my "happy place" due to the caliber.

chris in va
August 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
I've only rented a P45. Recoil was...brisk. It jammed quite a bit, being a rental and neglected.

I much prefer my K9. Great gun.

Jamie B
August 16, 2012, 06:31 PM
I have a PM45 for my EDC.

I have had is for 3 or 4 years.

Great gun, no problems, would buy another in an instant.

Lever Gun Nut
August 16, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Bullz
August 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
I have a P45 and a PM9... not a TP... But I imagine the TP would function about the same. I love both the P45 and PM9. Both very accurate. I'm actually thinking about buying another P45... I like it that much. Just do yourself a favor and check out the Kahr trigger before you buy it. Some people don't like it. It's designed as a carry gun and has a long DA pull. It's very smooth and effective... just needs a little dedicated practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tp 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!