Pawn shop finds

PDA

45_auto
August 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
I usually stop by the local pawnshops once a week just to see what they have. Very seldom see anything worth having with a decent price. But within the last 3 weeks, I've brought home 5 nice pistols at very good prices. Don't know if it's because times are getting tougher or what. Or maybe people around here are moving from revolvers to semis.

Got the 686-4 snubby at the bottom of the 686 pics this afternoon. Found Model 60 no dash and the 19-3 last week, and the 629-3 and Colt Ace (1946) the week before that.

EDIT: This was supposed to be in the Handgun forum, not Autoloaders! But I have no idea how to move it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pawn shop finds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Buck Kramer
August 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
I wish I lived next to more than one pawn shop that sold guns. Great find!

mgmorden
August 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah I try to shop around the pawn shops too. With the internet available for easier price reference they've gotten better at finding out a good price on things, but you still find a few at rock bottom.

A few of my better deals (all of these are within the last 5 years):

A Winchester Model 70 in .270 with a Leupold VX-II for $275
A Winchester Model 670 in .225 Winchester for $225
A Marlin 336 in .30-30 for $165
A Savage 340 in .30-30 for $99
An NEF Handi Rifle SB2 in .30-30 for $139
A Rossi .270 Single shot for $75 (gave this one to my brother as a birthday gift)

I've had less good fortune with handguns in the pawn shops. I've bought a few at what I'd call "fair" prices, but nothing extraordinary. In a private sale I did manage to get a nearly mint Beretta 92 with 2 mags and a Fobus mag pouch for $200 :).

benderx4
August 16, 2012, 10:50 PM
I just found a minty 1973 Colt Detective Special at a pawn shop near my Dad's house for $380 out the door. Original grips that look new, timing is perfect, locks up tight, and bluing is 98%. It's been awhile since I found a gem in a pawn shop so my faith has been restored!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pawn shop finds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!