Glock

PDA

Impureclient
August 19, 2012, 04:22 PM
Some opinions would be helpful, thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
918v
August 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
From the Book of Genesis:

1: Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not fire every pistol in the gun safe?
2: And the woman said unto the serpent, We may fire every pistol in the gun safe:
3: But not the Glock, God hath said, Ye shall not fire it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4: And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5: For God doth know that in the day ye fire the Glock, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6: And when the woman saw that the Glock felt good in her hand, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a pistol to be desired to make one wise, she took the Glock, and did fire it, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did fire it.
7: And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were injured; and they sewed their hands back together, and made themselves prosthetics.
8: And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
9: And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10: And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was injured; and I hid myself.
11: And he said, How were you injured? Hast thou fired the Glock, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not fire?
12: And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me the Glock, and I did fire it.
13: And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did fire it.
14: And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

PabloJ
August 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
Light to carry of simple design, reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, excellent customer service center, lots of aftermarket add ons available, easy to resell with good value.

WYOMan
August 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
I've had my G30 since they first came out. It's more accurate than me, never failed in any way, and no it doesn't come equipped with a pin and a spoon like others wouls have you believe.

Taurus 617 CCW
August 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
I have a Glock 19 for home defense. It has been 100% reliable. I applaud Glock for their design simplicity.

powder
August 19, 2012, 05:54 PM
Excellent, basic, boring precision, great aftermarket.

Sam1911
August 19, 2012, 06:50 PM
Some opinions would be helpful, thanks.

Seriously? :scrutiny: Seven THOUSAND Glock threads here on THR and you just want "some opinions?" :rolleyes:

OK:

1) They're good.
2) They're bad.
3) They ROCK!
4) They SUCK!
5) They're PERFECTION.
6) They're cheap, flawed designs.
7) They are engineered to work perfectly with the fastest Isoscales presentation, most used today.
8) They have a terrible grip angle.
9) They'll digest anything.
10) They can't shoot lead bullets.
11) They're surprisingly accurate.
12) They're woefully inaccurate.
13) They're great because the manual of arms is so simple and safe.
14) They're inherently flawed and dangerous because they don't have an external safety.
15) There's nothing so beautiful as form following function.
16) They're ugly.
17) They're ultimately reliable.
18) They're prone to breakage, and probably will go "Ka-Boom."
19) They are the standard for a service sidearm.
20) They couldn't pass the military's tests.

... and so on.

How many more opinions would you like?

PabloJ
August 19, 2012, 06:55 PM
The Glock is to firearm what Honda is to an automobile sir.

steveb4c
August 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
try one, if you like it keep it, if not you won't have any problems getting rid of it. my G19 is a keeper, and it plays well with my 1911's. grip angle dosen't bother me.

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm afraid if you're going to have to put in a bit more effort than that if you want to start this sort of thread.

As Sam said, there are tens of thousands of threads about Glocks on various gun forums on the internet. If you want to ask opinions about a a certain Glock or Glocks for a certain task, but just starting out with, "Glock opinions, go!" isn't terribly condusive to a discussion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!