Revolver grip question

PDA

Arp32
August 24, 2012, 12:14 AM
A guy was showing me the grips on his J-frame today and they looked like miniature Jerry Miculek grips (smooth and thin), but with a "hook" to grab on to your belt for Mexican carry.

I'd use Google or THR search function if I could remember the name of these grips, but... Can anyone fill me in?

(Please don't lecture me on Mexican carry. I know better. Just curious about the grips...)

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolver grip question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
August 24, 2012, 01:24 AM
I think you may be looking for a Hip Grip

SlowFuse
August 24, 2012, 02:59 AM
I believe mnrivrat nailed it.

There's a J Frame floating around here that has a combination Tyler T grip with one of these Hip Grips. Very interesting look.

loadedround
August 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
I have and sometimes carry a S &W model 60 with these Barami grips. Have had them for many years and am extremly pleased with them. These grips make it extremly easy to carry concealed wearing light clothing.

Arp32
August 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hip grip, that's it! Thanks for filling me in.

How are they as actual grips? Are they beefy enough to absorb much recoil?

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolver grip question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!