AR lower parts kit

PDA

s9601694
August 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
I am looking for a good quality lower parts kit for my Beowulf build. I was leaning towards the Daniel Defense or the Spikes tactical. Can't find either anywhere in stock though..

Any other kits anyone knows of that are worth it?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "AR lower parts kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
edwardware
August 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
I've heard lots of good about the Palmetto State Armory kits, and they're offered on sale at the moment.

rodinal220
August 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=53928/Product/AR-15-M16-ALG-TRIGGERS

Hunterdad
August 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
I put a PSA lpk in my most recent build and absolutely love it. The best factory trigger I have ever felt.

s9601694
August 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
THanks for the replies guys!

I have had a Spikes Enhanced kit on order for a week or so now but who knows when they become available again... The price difference between the Spikes and the PSA is very attractive!

Does any of you know how these two kits compare? is the Spikes enhanced kit worth the $100 price difference?

Thanks!

helotaxi
August 30, 2012, 08:51 PM
In a word, "no". At least not in my opinion. I've built lowers with a pair of Daniel Defense LPKs and a quartet of PSAs with various options. I've also added 2 Spikes Battle triggers to PSA LPKs. The Spikes trigger is nice, but it's only a $60 part and if you get one of the PSA kits without fire control you can come pretty close to duplicating the Spikes kit for much less.

Steel185
September 4, 2012, 04:14 PM
I second the parts kit for PSA. I have one and compared to the armalite kit I have you can't tell the difference. PSA's trigger is slightly better but you can only tell with one in each hand and firing them at same time. Kits are all about the same, I doubt they actually make their own kit. Sort of like the small number of actual companies that make forged lowers, everyone else just puts their name on it.

OpticsPlanet
September 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Just my experience - I have three LPK's in three AR's - a Rock River, a DPMS and a Spikes Standard. The Spikes trigger is noticeably better than the other two. I also like Spike's spiral roll pins.

Mark H.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR lower parts kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!