Suppressed Mini-Draco?

PDA

Ak Guy
August 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
Apparently one can suppress a mini-Draco, right? What kind of performance should one expect? I'm surprised to not see any in the "picture thread" ...??

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressed Mini-Draco?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boricua9mm
August 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
Interesting; it seems to be true that not a lot of people suppress AKs, period. In the case of the Mini Draco I would expect it's because such a short barrel introduces hellacious blast into the can (translating to quick baffle erosion), and as a result, most suppressor companies probably wouldn't warranty their can in such an application.

dprice3844444
August 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
have to be a heavy duty stainless can

BLAKEinTX
August 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
You can do it but check the threads to see if they are concentric with the bore and you might have to drill holes in the sides of the piston tube to help bleed off gas faster and/or get an extreme duty piston rod

wally
August 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
I've used my Gemtech HVT .308 can on my Draco SBR. Its not very quiet and has the largest POA/POI shift suppressed vs. unsuppressed of anything I've tried yet.

I don't think it's be worthwhile to even try on the mini-Draco I'm building. The AK is loud to cycle and bleeds off a lot more gas than necessary to function making it IMHO not among the best candidates to suppress.

OTOH my 11.5" 7.62x39 AR is a joy to shoot suppressed and doesn't have enough POA/POI shift to see when shooting Wolf or other steel cased ammo.

TurtlePhish
August 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
The AK is loud to cycle and bleeds off a lot more gas than necessary to function making it IMHO not among the best candidates to suppress.

+1
Just dry-cycle the action and let the bolt slam forward.

Also take note of the holes in the piston tube.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressed Mini-Draco?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!