CZ vz.70 pistol magazine source needed

PDA

bigfatdave
September 8, 2012, 06:13 AM
I recently had a .32acp CZ vz70 follow the Mrs home (hey, you don't argue when the wife likes and wants a gun, aprticularly when it runs around $200!)
That makes three surplus Czech pistols, a vz 52, 82, and now the 70 ... one of these days I'll have to try the modern production guns out.

The vz70 came with one magazine, 2-3 more would be nice if I could find them commercially anywhere.

The best I can tell, a CZ vz50 magazine would fit as well, can anyone confirm that?

Failing a source of magazines, is there a readily available magazine I could modify? The extra-high mag catch seems easy to replicate, if a KelTec or Walther PP-series (or whatever!) mag would work, I'm willing to take a swing at adding a new catch slot - I just don't want another autopistol hampered by no range magazines, which is a serious danger with surplus pistols (or at least ones I like) it seems.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ vz.70 pistol magazine source needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bigfatdave
September 8, 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Mr Rogers.

Well, I guess I'm the last person to join eBay at this point ... there were a few there, we'll see how bidding goes.

Just to keep the thread alive, I'm still looking for more sources for magazines or a known compatible magazine

bigfatdave
September 9, 2012, 10:18 PM
Still seeking input on a mag source or compatible magazine I can modify

Bohemus
September 10, 2012, 07:11 AM
http://www.armyshop-karasek.cz/zasobnik-cz-5070-p-186.html
If you make him to send them over the Pond...
Have you tried mags for PPK? Should be pretty similar (as Mr Rogers mentioned), but I dont have oportunity to try it right now - I seldomly see both CZ50/70 and PPK at range..

bigfatdave
September 11, 2012, 03:23 AM
I don't have a PPK to compare to, I DO have some KT p32 magazines I could experiment on

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ vz.70 pistol magazine source needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!