Judge front fiber optic sight "Q"

PDA

red caddy
September 9, 2012, 03:58 PM
I've got a Taurus Judge, 6 inch.

The fiber optic front sight insert is broken, I'm told this is a fairly common occurance.

Is the insert rod availible, by itself ? Is this rod a standard size, availible in bulk quantity?

I really don't want to send it back to Taurus for replacement, 'specially if it's going to happen again, anyway. I'd rather set up to fix it myself.

Thanks, Paul

If you enjoyed reading about "Judge front fiber optic sight "Q"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 9, 2012, 04:03 PM
Your best bet is to accurately measure it with a digital caliper and order in bulk from these guys.

If you don't have a caliper, find a reloader, or take it to a gun shop and have them measure it for you.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

rc

red caddy
September 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
RC,
The remaining piece on the Judge mike's out at .074-.075". An old Novak I have has a .092"-.093" hole diameter. Neither of these sizes are listed on your link. Any other ideas/sources? Anyone?:banghead:

As always, thanks for the reply, Paul. :)

rcmodel
September 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
Well, I think I could make do with the .079" listed on the site.
And some fine sandpaper & a drill to spin it down .004" with if I had too.
Who knows?

Maybe your.074-.075" should have been .079" to fit and not break in the first place.

Those crazy South Americans might have just came back from Carnival Rio de Janeiro and measured it wrong when they ordered it?

Because they were still a little cross-eyed from all the partying.

rc

treyday80
June 12, 2013, 12:39 AM
I got some off Ebay. They came in a pack of 2 (1 orange and 1 green). They were like 15 bucks for the two and installed nice and tight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181151370918?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

YZ
June 12, 2013, 03:59 PM
Way to go. I don't know if you use this technique, but just in case, after fitting it in the sight frame, you can melt the tip of the filament by holding a hot solder iron tip right next to it for 2 seconds. Then it will not wobble or try to sneak out of the frame.

If you enjoyed reading about "Judge front fiber optic sight "Q"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!