Too Cool!

PDA

gandog56
September 9, 2012, 10:46 PM
I just won an auction for a Dan Wesson Pistol Pack in .357 magnum. Waiting for my transfer guy to receive it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Gandog56/DWPack.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Gandog56/DWRear.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Gandog56/DWFront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Gandog56/8inchbar.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Too Cool!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
horsemen61
September 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
very nice set dude how much was it roughly

Flint Ridge
September 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
Must say those are interesting. Seen them over $1,200 on occassion.

Nice set!

ApacheCoTodd
September 9, 2012, 11:45 PM
Oh so envious here. I've foolishly passed on too many of these thinking at the time that they were just a bit too expensive, then by the time the next one rolls around I would gladly have paid the previous price though it seemed too much at the time. I'm dead popping for the very next set I see if cash is in hand.

capcyclone
September 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Very cool. Everytime I think I've seen it all - I see something new and cool.

Dr.Rob
September 10, 2012, 12:49 AM
Nice find!

Capt. Ct.
September 10, 2012, 12:55 AM
Oh nice. I want it!:)

Remllez
September 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
You got a good one Gandog56, they are fine shooters and more people are finding out about these revolvers so the price is going up. The pistol pacs are getting harder to find as people cannabilize them for the barrels.

Keep it as is and you will have made a sound investment! The 8 inch barrels with a good optic are deadly at 100 yards and shoot with any revolver no matter the cost. The bluing on Dans is the nicest I've ever seen and rival that of Pythons. Once you get used to the short action you will be spoiled.

gandog56
September 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
Well, for the longest time I had a bid of $1199. Then with about two minutes to go somebody upped it. But the seller had a buy it now price of $1399, and I didn't plan to lose it by Mr. Last Second Bidder by him hitting the Buy It Now button first, so I did.

gandog56
September 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
The real winner is my nephew. He didn't have a .357 magnum, and I had a Taurus Model 66 that still is a sweet shooter after like 35+ years. He got it for a early combination birthday and Xmas present for free. I get the Dan Wesson. We both win, I'm just out the money.:D

Zebraranger
September 10, 2012, 06:12 PM
Congratulations, It looks great. I too would love to have one, especially the kit.

content
September 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hello friends and neighbors // Outstanding snag/save, the DW is one under rated revolver especially the PP.

Question?: Is the small "wooden" disc in the middle a grip extention?

Hope you nephew enjoys the Taurus, some folks don't realise how long they have been making guns.

BYJO4
September 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Nice buy.

skidder
September 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Congrats on a great find. 4 revolvers in one... not bad.

gandog56
September 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
Question?: Is the small "wooden" disc in the middle a grip extention?

Not real sure what you are talking about. The only wood things I see are the grips and the extra "combat" grips. This was the original listing. I do not know what that thing right under the trigger guard is, but it looks like metal to me. Maybe a trigger lock?

This auction is for the Dan Wesson Pistol Pack shown. The package consists of a Monson, MA made Dan Wesson 15-2VH revolver, a 2-3/4", 4", 6" and 8" ventilated rib barrel set, belt buckle, patch, factory literature, spare grip set and barrel changing tool, all in the original luggage case. The revolver is a 6 shot double action revolver with the heavy lugged ventilated rib barrels. The barrels have red front sight inserts. The paperwork dates from 1979. The metal finish on the revolver and all barrels is high gloss and shows little wear. The bores on all barrels are excellent and the action on the revolver is excellent. The grips include an excellent condition checkered exotic wood grip and a plain walnut combat grip which is in good condition. The case is in very good condition. Overall, a very desirable Dan Wesson set. Pressing the "Buy it Now" button gets free shipping. Thanks for looking.

Driften
September 10, 2012, 11:06 PM
That is a very nice revolver. They tend to be very accurate also.

If you enjoyed reading about "Too Cool!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!