Road Trip to Virginny!

PDA

KMKeller
January 31, 2003, 04:17 PM
Allright you just outside the beltway Virginny gun lovers. I'm heading up to McLean for a quick business trip and will be available for dinner on Tuesday night. Anyone wanna meet me for some grub? Sort of an informal NC-VA THR collaboration?

If you enjoyed reading about "Road Trip to Virginny!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
January 31, 2003, 05:18 PM
Gimme a couple weeks and I'll be out there!

Ol' Badger
January 31, 2003, 06:47 PM
I would, but I'm anti-sociable!!! Beside, when you meet someone fron one line they always let you down. Every chic was 300+ lbs.!

Mike Irwin
January 31, 2003, 07:10 PM
This coming Tuesday?

Not sure.

What time would we be talking about?

Where?

KMKeller
January 31, 2003, 07:53 PM
Mike, The time is pretty open, Place would be somewhere in close proximity to the Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner over on Jones Branch Drive. I'll probably be working until 5 or so, but afterwards, no constraints.

Ol' Badger
January 31, 2003, 08:02 PM
Thats a nice area. Lived there for 12 years. The Holiday Inn across from the Galleria gives a better view of the surrounding area! The Ritz not to bad either. Maggianos or PF Changs are the nicest resturants in the area. But try Anitas for mexican in vienna.
IMO :)

Mal H
January 31, 2003, 08:11 PM
Maggiano's - Yes! (But call early for res.)

Mike Irwin
January 31, 2003, 09:20 PM
You going, Mal?

There's also Clyde's, which is also extremely good.

Then there's Chick-Fil-A in the Galleria. :)

KMKeller
February 1, 2003, 08:55 PM
Mal, Mike,... Maggiano's for dinner Tuesday night?

Mike Irwin
February 2, 2003, 12:29 AM
Where is Maggiano's?

In the Galleria?

What time are you thinking?

I'll have to let you know Monday night.

Fed168
February 2, 2003, 07:02 AM
Keller, my old haunts were Hard Times Cafe in Herndon and Anitas for breakfast. Hard Times had some good chili- Texas extra wet.

KMKeller
February 2, 2003, 08:10 AM
Mike,

I'm not sure where Maggiano's is, but I know it's very close. I was thinking around 6:30 or 7PM.

Fed - Thanks for the tips. I usually travel to VA once a quarter to button up some federal contracts for my employer. I can always use more places to grub.

Ol' Badger
February 2, 2003, 09:22 AM
a great resturant in the mall. with a nice partty room up stairs. I was at the bar waiting for my table once and some guy just dropped dead. Vein popped or something. Got my table really quick :D

Middle of the week is best. Never on a weekend. They have parties/ barmitzva's up on top! Way to load. You can light up up stairs too!

I also use to date the daughter of the owner of Chick-Fil-a's. All those tasty sandwichs for free. To bad she left me :( I really enjoyed those sandwhichs!

Since it has to be weapons related. That Mall needs a good Gun Shop in it :evil:

KMKeller
February 3, 2003, 05:29 PM
Mike, check your PM. Mal, you coming?

Kirk

Mal H
February 3, 2003, 07:39 PM
Sorry guys, I won't be able to come due to a prior commitment. I hadn't revisited this thread until Mike sent a PM. You won't be disappointed with Maggiano's.

XLMiguel
February 3, 2003, 08:38 PM
dang. Maggiano's - great choice - second level Tyson's Galleria. Love to join y'all, but I'm on crutches (ankle fusion). Maybe next time - cheers

KMKeller
February 5, 2003, 07:51 PM
Guys, you missed a great meal. Maggiano's was indeed a choice spot for grub and Mr. Irwin and I did ourselves proud.

Mike in VA - Mike Irwin told me about your not being able to make it. Sorry I missed ya and maybe we'll get a chance to do it again when you're back on your feet, literally.

Mal H - Next time I'll give you some advance warning like...

OKAY folks, I'll be coming back to VA on Wednesday and Thursday of next week, so I'll be staying over Wednesday night. If anyone is up to it, I'd like to meet some more of ya and catch dinner and possibly do a shoot at the NRA range. (Big project requires multiple visits) Any takers?

Mike Irwin
February 5, 2003, 09:10 PM
At the moment I'm game, but I'll feel guilty as hell.

4V50Gary called me this afternoon, and we made plans to meet and have dinner this evening, his only chance to get together on this trip to the area.

Well, of course I forgot that I had a meeting that I had to attend.

Christ I'm such an idiot.

Sorry, Gary! :o

KMKeller
February 7, 2003, 02:55 PM
Ok. Mikes in for a Wednesday eve get together. How about you Mal, can you swing Wednesday evening, the 12th of Feb?

Now as to the plans, do we want to just eat or try to get in some range time as well? I know they're open until 10:00 PM, so maybe an early supper and an hour or two of boodadow?

Mike Irwin
February 7, 2003, 04:36 PM
Kirk,

We do both.

There's a Ruby Tuesday's just across the street from the NRA Range that we're into the habit of going to after our range evenings.

KMKeller
February 7, 2003, 04:51 PM
That sounds like a plan.

David Park
February 7, 2003, 07:46 PM
I should be available. I haven't been to the range in *mumble* so I need the practice. :o

Mike Irwin
February 7, 2003, 07:54 PM
Oops...

Need to check the availability of the NRA Range next Wednesday.

They've mucked me up before with their schedule...

KMKeller
February 7, 2003, 10:38 PM
David - Welcome, the more, the merrier!

Mike - I only checked the hours of operation. I didn't think to call ahead and see if there were any special goings on that may preclude our shootin' suare'.

mtnbkr
February 7, 2003, 11:37 PM
Wed and Thurs hours are 5pm - 10pm. I was there yesterday (thursday) and it was so slow the guy running the counter told me I could shoot as long as I wanted.

Chris

KMKeller
February 10, 2003, 02:51 PM
AAAAAaaaaagggghhhhh! Rain on the parade.

My travel to VA this week has been canceled. Sorry guys.

Mike Irwin
February 10, 2003, 02:54 PM
Those bastages!

Actually, not such a bad thing, as I still haven't found time to do any reloading!

Let us know when you'll be getting this way again, Kirk. --Mike

KMKeller
February 10, 2003, 03:20 PM
Will do Mike. I expect to be back up there within the next two weeks. Of course, that doesn't preclude us planning a VA/NC THR shoot some Saturday...

If you enjoyed reading about "Road Trip to Virginny!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!