Outage!

PDA

Derek Zeanah
February 27, 2004, 03:41 PM
Looks like a heavy-duty router in DC went down, and that was the only way data got in and out of this network.

Should be up shortly (or at least, it is by the time you're seeing this.)

The router rebooted itself, so they think it's power related. This means it may happen again in the future, though the gear is due for a swap in a couple of weeks anyway.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It wasn't anything we could help, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Outage!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cordex
February 27, 2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the info, Derek.

Depending on anything in DC is a mistake. ;)

Derek Zeanah
February 27, 2004, 07:14 PM
Update:

I'm still seeing longish ping times (up to 1700ms) between my router and the uplink. We're working on it -- they've rebuilt my line once so far, and it's better (now we're just seeing peaks of 170ms or so), but I might need to drop the connection a few more times for a few minutes at a time.

P95Carry
February 27, 2004, 07:22 PM
Thx for the heads up Derek ....... I had been wondering. Amazing ... over this side ... just about everything I ever trace goes thru DC :( :(

Chuck Dye
February 27, 2004, 08:45 PM
Outrage? From Derek?? In tech support??? This should be…

Oh! Outage, not outrage.

Really must avoid Legal and Political, this is not conditioning I like!
:o

Pappy John
February 28, 2004, 02:28 AM
Talk about funny timing.....I just upgraded to a new PC this afternoon, and after re-establishing my ISP connection the first site I tried to get to was here.

No dice!:confused:

I thought that I did something wrong with my set-up.:banghead: Then found out I could hit every other site I tried. I was scared for a while.....thought you didn't like my new box or something.

If you enjoyed reading about "Outage!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!