THR Knife

PDA

Derek Zeanah
September 17, 2012, 05:04 PM
We've talked about it, and Staff have been evaluating a prototype, and it looks like a go. We're finalizing the wording to go on the blade, but this is a reasonable representation of what it'll look like.

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-7.jpg

The base version will sell for ~ $150 and come with a Kydex sheath. If you'd rather have a leather sheath, then that'll cost more.

I've included a poll. If you're interested in buying one click "I want one" and let us know. This isn't binding, but it will give us a better estimate of demand than we currently have.

Kydex:

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-8.jpg

Leather:

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-1.jpg

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-5.jpg

I edited the poll at HSO's suggestion. :)

Dimensions
OAL ~6-in
Weight ~3-oz

Blade
Length 2.75-in
Thickness 0.170-in
Material 154-CM
Grind Hollow
Style Drop
Edge Plain
Finish Polished

Handle
Material G10
Pins Stainless
Thong Stainless

Carry
Sheath Neck
Material Kydex

Features
Full Tang
Neck Chain

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeMal
September 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'm not into fixed blades...so not for me. Cool idea though

hso
September 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
As you've asked (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=647607&highlight=breed) so shall you receive!:D

These will be similar to the larger Kim Breed Group Buy (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=648547&highlight=breed) knives that everyone loved so much, but with a high polish with the G-10 scales seen in the picture. Oh, and the commemorative markings.;) There won't be any others made like this one.

Blackhawk30
September 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Nice looking.I want one.Can we see a pic of a side veiw?

Derek Zeanah
September 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Like this?

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-2.jpg

Magoo
September 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
I voted "Yes, I want one". I'd have to check the piggy bank when it came time to commit though. Medical disability kinda cuts into the toy fund :(.

Just a suggestion on the wording- lose the "10th Year". It clutters it up too much and even I can do the math of 2012-2002.

RTR_RTR
September 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm not in the financial position to fork out the money for one, but I agree with Magoo. Alternatively, you could have "10th anniversary" or something to that extent replace "2002-2012" and still knock out the 10th year bit. Regardless of what's chosen, I think the engraving seems a bit busy

bikerdoc
September 17, 2012, 06:25 PM
I am in.

hso
September 17, 2012, 06:46 PM
I'm figuring on at least one.

JimStC
September 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
Nice knife. I am in too.

Jim

Valkman
September 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
I voted that I want one, just hope I have the money when the time comes.

sgtstryker
September 17, 2012, 08:23 PM
I'll go for one. Is that the only color option for the scales? Just wonderin'.. No problem with the green..been partial to it for years..

Centurian22
September 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
Similar to others: very interested but will have to check finances at the time.

bikerdoc
September 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Not that it makes a difference but Any chance on getting some specs? Steel etc.

hso
September 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
Shortly, Doc, shortly.

This is a 10th anniversary knife and they're all going to be the same.

Gordon
September 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
I'll take one with a neck sheath IF it ain't some friggin stainless steel !

SuperNaut
September 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
In.

Robert
September 17, 2012, 11:14 PM
What is the price with the leather sheath?

CWL
September 18, 2012, 12:18 AM
I'm in for one, kydex sheath.

winspinner
September 18, 2012, 12:40 AM
Count me in, looks useful!

Bobson
September 18, 2012, 01:03 AM
If its not too much trouble, can we get some educated guesses on the level of quality/durability that this knife is going to offer? I'm wondering if this is going to be a knife I can actually use, or if the quality is going to mandate that it becomes a glorified letter opener.

Being a man of practicality, I can't bring myself to drop $150 on the latter - even if it is a great looking knife. On the other hand, if this thing is going to be EDC worthy and replace my need for a durable fixed-blade like an ESEE IZULA (or comparable fixed-blade), I'd be more than willing to justify the cost.

ETA:

TL;DR Version: I'd like one, but it's going to depend on a whole lot more than what the knife looks like.

Brian Williams
September 18, 2012, 01:18 AM
This thing will be a very pretty yet strong working blade. Not sure of the specs but this will work just as hard as the tree finger knife and the group buy knife that was offered awhile back.

And I am in for one.

JShirley
September 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
Bobson,

This is a more attractive version of a knife many of us here own- if you follow hso's 2nd link, that will be clear. This is not a letter opener. There're are no need for guesses: this is a working knife.

John

sidheshooter
September 18, 2012, 02:21 AM
I'm in; kydex.

Looks a lot as we collectively envisioned, IMO. Good stuff.

ugaarguy
September 18, 2012, 02:49 AM
Bobson, it's pretty, but it's also made by Kim Breed. He and his knife making buddy Gary Wheeler are both retired Army SF. They make knives that look Plain Jane and utilitarian, knives that look even prettier than this, and everything in between. Everything they make is made to be used hard though.

I purchased several examples of a small fixed blade that Gary made. One of them was given to a friend who's currently serving our country in a very nasty and dangerous part of the world. After putting the knife through hard use in field training he chose it for the small knife to attach to his deployment gear. I can think of no higher recommendation than this, and the many other professional warriors who trust their lives to Kim and Gary's blades.

JShirley
September 18, 2012, 03:22 AM
This size was first made as a custom request for me to give to my team leader in Afghanistan. He carries it every day.

bikerdoc
September 18, 2012, 05:31 AM
I better get 2.
The second one will be mine when swmbo takes the first :)

hso
September 18, 2012, 07:43 AM
if the quality is going to mandate that it becomes a glorified letter opener.

Nope, that's why the link to the Group Buy thread so people know the knife has been tested and proven as to quality and durability. ;)

This is the dressier evolution of the that knife several members are using around the world in jobs as mundane as opening letters to warehouse to light bushcraft (when I tested them they passed the standard abuse tests cutting plastic bottles and rope, splitting limbs and making kindling and tinder for fires).

If they were going to be "glorified letter openers" they wouldn't be offered here.

kim breed
September 18, 2012, 08:24 AM
No commercial batch quenching here. Each of the knives are individual hand quenched and tempered. You will be able to see a temper line in the blade. This method gives a more aggressive cutting power to the 154CM without the brittle effect. This treatment is the only way we will use stainless steel.
Knives will carry our lifetime warranty.

Creature
September 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Does the kydex have a belt loop or clip on the back?

Bobson
September 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
I'm definitely in for one. Also curious about a belt loop on the Kydex.

hso
September 18, 2012, 12:53 PM
For those of you interested in specifications -
BTW, this is as American as we could make it.
WRT the sheath, this doesn't come with a belt loop since it is a "necker". The folks that have been carrying the plain version that Kim did for the group buy have been dropping them in their pocket with the lanyard/chain tethered to their belts when they're not wearing them around their necks inside their shirts. Some clever folks have just threaded paracord to make loops and one very stylish fellow bought the IWB belt loops from KnifeKits (http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_56_412) to make very nice loops set. The knife comes with the neck sheath and a dog tag chain, but you can purchase the leather belt sheath it with the knife/sheath setup for another $25. We're trying to keep the price as low as possible so the basic neck sheath is what's being offered and the leather is an add-on option.

Dimensions
OAL ~6-in
Weight ~3-oz

Blade
Length 2.75-in
Thickness 0.170-in
Material 154CM
Grind Hollow
Style Drop
Edge Plain
Finish Polished

Handle
Material G10
Pins Stainless
Thong Stainless

Carry
Sheath Neck
Material Kydex

Features
Full Tang
Neck Chain

Gordon
September 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
"Each of the knives are individual hand quenched and tempered. You will be able to see a temper line in the blade. This method gives a more aggressive cutting power to the 154CM without the brittle effect. This treatment is the only way we will use stainless steel."
Good answer! CM 154 is the ONLY stainless I will tolerate IF properly heat treated/

Axel Larson
September 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
If I have the money at the time I will definitely get one looks great. Trying to save up for a Benelli semi auto.

45crittergitter
September 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
I might take one in D2 steel.

Deltaboy
September 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ummmm I think I see what I want for Christmas this year.

Gordon
September 18, 2012, 09:39 PM
Uh Oh Sam , That size knife will full fill my need for a pocket sized knife that sized and a drop point will do.The length an size is just what I was thinking. Maybe I need a matching skewer shaped stilletto to go with the Camp Defender, which BTW is going way out in the Sierras with me for 5 days starting Thursday!

Mikee Loxxer
September 18, 2012, 11:01 PM
I like it, count me in. Kydex would be just fine.

RetiredUSNChief
September 18, 2012, 11:54 PM
Sweet!

Unfortunately, it's not in my budget for the next few months.

For those interested, I looked up some information on the various steels used for knife blades, mostly because I've been quite disappointed in the quality of stainless steels used in most knives. Putting a proper edge on a stainless blade and KEEPING it there for any length of time while working sucks.

Here's a link which compares some of the basic characteristics of some of the steels used in knives...and 154CM figures VERY prominently in my eyes with respect to quality and practical characteristics for a useful knife blade material.

http://www.northamericanknives.com/knife_steels

I like the choice of 154CM for this knife!

Would that all stainless knives were of this quality.

*sigh*

I miss being able to buy a folding pocket knife with carbon steel blades.

Anyway, if my finances improve enough, I'll hop onto the bandwagon and buy one (or two).

hso
September 19, 2012, 07:24 AM
154-CM is a proven performer and with a differential heat treat to optimize that performance you'll be seeing an optimized knife.

Blackstone
September 19, 2012, 08:59 AM
Tempting, even with that price tag...can you ship to outside the US?

hso
September 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
I don't know why it couldn't be shipped to the UK other than the shipping will be higher than in the continental United States.

kim breed
September 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
postage might be a little more.

Il Duca
September 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
If financially possible I will snag one when they come out. Nice looking knife.

22-rimfire
September 21, 2012, 09:05 PM
I am seriously considering one of these. I have not responded to the poll as I assume that doing so means you are absolutely buying one. How long are you going to be taking "requests"?

Derek Zeanah
September 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
I am seriously considering one of these. I have not responded to the poll as I assume that doing so means you are absolutely buying one. How long are you going to be taking "requests"?
There's no obligation; we're just judging interest so we can buy the right amount of materials to start.

It'll probably be running for a couple of months.

Bobson
September 22, 2012, 01:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, how long does it typically take to craft a knife possessing this high of a level of quality and workmanship? And is it typically one individual doing the work, or a small team working on separate parts?

Many thanks to Mr. Breed and co. for this undertaking, either way.

hso
September 22, 2012, 10:27 AM
Just MSG Breed.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=160924&d=1331685604

Derek Zeanah
September 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
Tattoos sure do get ugly after 40 years...

JShirley
September 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
So do people.

hso
September 22, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that one is less than 40 years old, by a good bit.

Blade First
September 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
Two, please.

...Mr.O

kim breed
September 24, 2012, 08:31 AM
So you guys want to be like that do ya, well John, HSO, DEREK, your knives will have pink pearlite handles on them.....

kim breed
September 24, 2012, 08:33 AM
it takes about 7 days to leave the shop for etching and then another 2 for sheath work. I can only work so fast.

bikerdoc
September 24, 2012, 09:00 AM
MSG, is mine ready yet?
I thought Airborne went to the front of the line. :)

JShirley
September 24, 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm okay with having 1 of only 3 THR pink knives. :p

rjrivero
September 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
Make mine with LEATHER.....Thank you.

hso
September 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
pink pearlite handles

SOP for your normal stuff???

kim breed
September 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
yep, but you forgot that you are included.....:neener:

hso
September 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
Well, yeah, of course. It will match the other knives I've gotten from you. ;)

bannockburn
September 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Definitely interested in one, with a leather sheath if possible.

Charles S
September 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
I certainly want one... how much for an extra belt sheath in either leather (preferably) or kydex?

Charles

hso
September 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
The knives come with the kydex neck sheath, the leather sheaths are extra from Kim.

Charles S
September 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
The knives come with the kydex neck sheath, the leather sheaths are extra from Kim.

I understand that... the question was, again if not clear: "how much for an extra belt sheath in either leather (preferably) or kydex?"

If I need to ask Kim please clarify. I thought the purpose of this thread was the sale of this knife and, as such, I ask pertinent questions in the thread for all others to see.

Charles

hso
September 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
Ohhhhh

:o

The thread was to gauge interest in offering the 10th Anniversary Knife, but to also gather info as well on what folks wanted.

We'll work up the leather sheath price so everyone knows.

lobo9er
September 27, 2012, 07:47 AM

Blackstone
September 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I'd prefer a belt sheath over a neck sheath by far

Gordon
September 27, 2012, 05:23 PM
Since the great neck sheath on this little 2 3/4" blade works in the pocket also I'll stick with what it comes with ;)

Navy Diver
October 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
Has Kim started taking orders for these, or is this still in the planning stage?

Derek Zeanah
October 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well, we're not advertising them formally yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if we started advertising them tomorrow. :)

There's still time to get in line.

oldbear
October 4, 2012, 03:19 AM
That is a good looking knife in a handy size. When they are ready for sale please let me know, as I would like one. Do we have to decide on the sheath material now?

bikerdoc
October 4, 2012, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE]There's still time to get in line.[/QUOTE

I can only say, based on my other one, I highly recommend the fence sitters sign up this will be a knife You wont want to miss out on.
Derek,
Are we lining up chronologically, by age, height, What?
Sorry, Just reminded me of an old Army SGT who used to harass newbies by telling them to line up alphabetically by height. :)

sidheshooter
October 4, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'd bet that we're ultimately lining up by check #. ;)

Lemme know when where to send mine.

CWL
October 4, 2012, 02:30 PM
Doubt this'll make any difference, but I'd like to change my order request to leather sheath.

Derek Zeanah
October 4, 2012, 02:40 PM
No worries. We should be officially taking orders in a couple of days. I'm working out the details now, then there should be an announcement that's hard to miss.

Axel Larson
October 5, 2012, 09:06 AM
will they be available through December? or would that be too late.

hso
October 5, 2012, 11:27 AM
They'll be available for a while on each side of the anniversary this December. We know some folks will have spent their money for gifts for friends, but will be getting some money themselves so we wouldn't want to cut it off too soon.

Axel Larson
October 5, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cool:)

jeepnik
October 5, 2012, 06:03 PM
Okay, how do we order one or send the money to?

Derek Zeanah
October 5, 2012, 06:23 PM
Patience, folks. I'm working out the details on logistics as we speak.

Hopefully it'll all be figured out by Monday or Tuesday.

oldbear
October 7, 2012, 03:06 PM
For those of us don't check the forum daily will there be some sort of E-mail notice on when and how to send payment? Thanks...

9mmepiphany
October 7, 2012, 03:15 PM
For those of us don't check the forum daily
What's this heresy? ;)

Derek Zeanah
October 7, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'll put up some sort of notice when you log in, plus ads'll run in the ad spots.

I'll try not to make it annoying, but there are folks who are interested that don't hang out in this subforum...

Blackhawk30
October 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
So when is the notice coming?I'd like to get this off my desk.

Derek Zeanah
October 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
Link here (http://deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=233).

Ceylon at Delta Outdoorsman was nice enough to handle the logistics for us. Kim is making them in batches, passing them on to Ceylon, and from there on to you.

The cart says they're "in stock," but I'd manage my expectations a bit. Kim says 2-3 week expected shipping time, so figure a month to be safe. I don't know -- I've never done this before.

I just don't want folks blaming me. :)

SuperNaut
October 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cool!

hso
October 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
Hand made knives aren't just stamped out and ground on a production line. The increased quality in fit and finish, materials, durability and sharpness possible in a knife made by a true bladesmith can't be overstated. Since they are made one at at time by a craftsman there is also the requirement to be patient while waiting for that craftsman making them to make your knife.

Kim will craft them in groups to feed into the pipeline and as you folks place your orders with Delta Outdoorsman it will dictate how much time he spends making more groups.

Specs are -
• 6 1/4" OAL
• 2 3/4" blade
• Hollow ground
• 154CM stainless steel
• 0.170" thick
• Differential heat treat hand quench edge
• T.H.R. green G10 handles
• Stainless steel lanyard tube
• Stainless steel handle pins
• Kydex sheath with "dog tag" chain
• American made by MSG Kim Breed 5th Special Forces Ret.

$155 shipped with the kydex sheath.
http://deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/images/uploads/thr_1_(Medium).JPG

Add $25 if you want a leather sheath.
http://deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/images/uploads/thr_2_(Medium).JPG

We have 64 NFW posters who have said they want knives so I recommend hitting Delta Outdoorsman with your order before the rest of the membership starts seeing adds in the rest of the forum for the THR 10th Anniversary Knife. These will only be offered for a limited time so by the time we hit the next anniversary there won't be any more available ever again.

jeepnik
October 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
Okay, my order is in. Going with the leather sheath, looks classier.

bikerdoc
October 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Happy dance time, my order is in.

Brian Williams
October 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
I just ordered mine. Now how to get it to Cambodia????

hso
October 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
how to get it to Cambodia????

You'll just end up paying the postage (and praying it makes it).

Brian Williams
October 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
I have a friend coming back in Dec, they might bring it along then.

hso
October 14, 2012, 11:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea if you don't have access to an APO.

kim breed
October 15, 2012, 07:43 AM
Orders should be filled quicker than 2 to 3 weeks providing the lazer engraver is on the ball.

bikerdoc
October 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
Is it done yet :)

hso
October 20, 2012, 07:06 PM
Like Shrodinger's Cat, by asking you've answered your own question by asking.

Lee D
October 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
thats a great looking knife (minus all the clutter on the blade:D) at a pretty decent price, and if i didnt have 20 other knives that are very similar in size and style id jump all over one. im especially fond of 154cm...good stuff

kim breed
October 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
knives are going out. better get on the list before general banner goes up.

Fat_46
October 28, 2012, 03:47 PM
AAAAAAnd....happy belated birthday to me. OK, and THR! Order placed. Yaaaaay. Another Breed knife I'll be too enamoured with to use!

Kim - your workmanship puts me in awe every time I handle or see it. hso - thanks for your tutiledge in turning me into a steel junky. Derek - I've had my doubts in the past about your motivations and ideals, but you've shown me you ARE High Road.

I simply cannot wait to handle this knife. Will drool cause rust?

bikerdoc
October 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
knives are going out.

Hoowah, MSG, cant wait to show it off

jeepnik
October 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hmm, never thought to ask, but are they serial numbered? Of course, I could just wait for it to arrive, but I'm the type that needs immediate gratification.;)

hso
October 28, 2012, 10:43 PM
are they serial numbered?

Nope

We wanted to avoid all the bickering over "I want 22! Well, I want 16! Pfft, I want 17 and 12 and ... Why can't I have 6.8!?!?".

bikerdoc
October 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
Gust got my notice of shipment, Woowho ! :)

Might put my own serial #

jeepnik
October 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
Yep, also received notice. Wonder who will post "I got it" first?

bikerdoc
October 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Without pics it didnt happen. :)

Brian Williams
October 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
Just got my notice also. I won't see it until late Dec.

jeepnik
October 31, 2012, 06:32 PM
I got it. Looks good.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/Jeepnik/IMG_0005.jpg

Crappy cellphone pic, but I'm in first.

hso
October 31, 2012, 06:55 PM
AND the first kid on the block to get his is JEEPNIK!

Mikee Loxxer
October 31, 2012, 07:28 PM

bikerdoc
November 1, 2012, 06:23 AM
:( Maybe soon.

ETA tracking data shows it should come today. :)

bikerdoc
November 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
:)
Incredible quality and flawless workmanship.

Thanks Sarge

Apachedriver
November 10, 2012, 01:16 AM
Leather:

http://www.shootingreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/THRKnife-1.jpg

Is there a way to order a knife with the sheath in this picture? It looks different than the one in the final pics?

Thx

hso
November 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
You can order the basic set and then contact Kim separately for the horizontal sheath.

mio
November 17, 2012, 06:16 PM
im in for 2 maybe 3 and i would want the horizontal sheath for at least one.

hso
November 17, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just read here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=684153) on how to order and get the basic setup with the kydex then contact Kim separately for the horizontal sheath which is not standard.

shootr
November 27, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cool!

stevek
November 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
Argh! Just saw this. And just placed my order :)

JShirley
November 29, 2012, 03:53 PM
Link in post 115. :)

Fat_46
November 29, 2012, 08:36 PM
Just received my shipping notice. Its like Christmas in steel!

JimStC
December 1, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mine arrived today! Very, very pleased.

Jim

Fat_46
December 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
Got here. Bad news. My daughter got to it, and it fits her hand perfectly. I think I've lost this one. Now to decide if I order another THR knife, or contact Kim and get one made minus the lettering after the group buy is finished for her.

Goldang it! OK, I'm not too hurt. Her first knife may have been a Mora, but how many 10 year old girls have a THR blade made by Kim Breed in their collection?

Centurian22
December 3, 2012, 01:01 AM
She's 10 and the knife commemorates the 10th anniversary of THR. That just sounds too perfect to mess with.

cole828
January 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'll take one, leather sheath

hso
January 15, 2013, 11:44 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=684153

tubeshooter
February 6, 2013, 09:46 PM
Mine came in. I am very pleased with it!

Thanks very much to THR, Mr. Breed, Mr. Wheeler and Delta Outdoorsman for their roles in making this offering possible.

rjrivero
February 25, 2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks all. Great opportunity and I just couldn't pass this up. Thanks Kim great little blade!

MikeS.
March 23, 2013, 02:59 AM
I just ordered mine!

jbrown_14105
March 25, 2013, 09:31 PM
any left ???
Jim Brown

Tomcat47
March 25, 2013, 09:38 PM
Ditto ... Any Left?

ceylonc
March 26, 2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the interest in the THR.org 10th Anniversary Knives. They are ABSOLUTELY still available for order. We had a snafu in our inventory management software over the weekend & it indicated that we are "out of stock" of the knives. The problem has been fixed & you can now log onto the website & place an order.

Like Derek mentioned, Mr. Breed builds these knives one at a time. Once the order is placed, he can usually turn the knife out in 7-10 days.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

jbrown_14105
May 4, 2013, 09:31 PM
Folks, Is this still being offered...or is it all "done"?

hso
May 5, 2013, 08:38 PM
They're still being made on order (that means you get a knife made for you commemorating US).:D

Paulgibs
May 5, 2013, 11:42 PM
I received mine about two weeks ago. For me, it was my first ever purchase of a quality knife. I find myself unsheathing it from time to time just to admire the quality and craftsmanship. It's truly a beautiful knife, and I realized after i received it that I need the leather sheath. Next thing is to figure out how to get the leather sheath ordered.

hso
May 6, 2013, 09:52 PM
That's easy since Kim Breed and Gary Wheeler are members.

Just drop Kim or Gary a note and spec out a sheath from Gary.

gym
June 4, 2013, 11:42 PM
Will there be a folder in the future?

hso
June 5, 2013, 07:41 AM
No way to know

wolf695
June 5, 2013, 10:40 AM
Its very nice!

hso
June 5, 2013, 11:25 AM
Glad you like it!

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!