What can we look forward to for 2013.

PDA

Queen_of_Thunder
September 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
Well 2013 isjust around the corner. Any rumors on what we might see?

If you enjoyed reading about "What can we look forward to for 2013." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
September 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
God willing it will be better than last year.

Brockak47
September 23, 2012, 01:11 AM
Well hopefully this:

http://www.izhmash-arms.ru/eim/imp/191.html

Nothing like true AK in .22 LR

hogshead
September 23, 2012, 09:04 AM
Gloom despair and agony too. If you believe the media that is. I personally think ammo is gonna go through the roof. The southeast will have a hard winter. Gas will go up some more then come way down. Israel will wipe out Iran. People will start another gun buying craze. The polar ice caps will actually grow. The Northern Spotted Owl Population will increase so much they will open a season on them. The wolf will over populate and eat all the elk and the conservationist pets. Ruger will come out with a 460 in the 96 lever action and my wife will buy me one.
Thats my forecast / dread/ wish list. I need some coffee.

Coop45
September 23, 2012, 10:12 AM
I enjoy starting rumors, but ones that no sane person would believe. Here goes........I heard Glock was coming out with a beautifully engraved 1911 pistol chambered for the .500 S&W Magnum that will sell for less than $50. While originally aimed at the compact concealed carry market, the pistol has stirred some interest amongst bullseye shooters because of it's light recoil.

I'd like to see a renewed interest in the super short cartridges Winchester developed. The idea that a short fat cartridge could reproduce the ballistics of a long action round was interesting as was the changes possible in rifles they were chambered for.

Girodin
September 23, 2012, 07:55 PM
I'd really like one of those saiga 22s.

threefortyduster
September 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
Probably more of the same...ARs of every flavor. I'll still ignore them (or do my best to).

oldbear
September 25, 2012, 07:51 PM
God willing it will be better than last year.
Ryanxia, from your mouth to God's ears. sorry to have to say it but 2012 has been far from a banner year............

JEB
September 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
im just hoping for a little less black plastic and a little more wood and steel...

snakeman
September 25, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hogshead you are too funny. The future is bleak i think.

CoRoMo
September 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
It's already well known that Glock will be releasing their 300BLK model. Sig might also be releasing a model chambered for it.

Queen_of_Thunder
September 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
Personally I would like a leveraction rifle in 41mag. I need one to pair with my S&W model 58.

CoRoMo
September 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
That reminds me...

Mossberg will be adding another model to their tactical/zombie lever action series. It'll have a threaded barrel/flash hider and will be chambered in 300BLK.

Sheepdog1968
September 27, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ruger 10-22 takedown with a laminate stock is on my wish list.

Plan2Live
September 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
In the AR-15 category;
Garmin will be debuting a pic rail mount. Recalculating....
Apple is following suit with a pic rail mount for it's iPhone5 and partnering with Skullcandy to produce the first active noise reduction earbud/headphone combination which will allow 40db external noise reduction combined with digital surround sound and full Siri integration.
Solyndra is unveiling it's solar powered molle ready backpack with built in hydrogen fuel cell to provide a continuous power source for the most demanding mall ninja equipped ARs.

Hk Paul
September 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
I hear Sig is going to release the Mk25 in diamond plate and rainbow finish.

FIVETWOSEVEN
September 29, 2012, 02:52 PM
I hear Sig is going to release the Mk25 in diamond plate and rainbow finish.

Really? :eek: I'm going to be first in line! :D

Well hopefully this:

http://www.izhmash-arms.ru/eim/imp/191.html

Nothing like true AK in .22 LR

If that will work with 74 mags I'm in!

Inebriated
September 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see a renewed interest in the super short cartridges Winchester developed. The idea that a short fat cartridge could reproduce the ballistics of a long action round was interesting as was the changes possible in rifles they were chambered for.

Same here! I'd also really like that Saiga-22!

kdave21
September 30, 2012, 09:17 AM
Colt will reintroduce its entire line of double action revolvers, with new models to boot.

tomrkba
September 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
S&W will drop THE LOCK from all its guns.

Springfield will stop making frames in Brazil.

Browning will revive the Hi-Power and release 1 million magazines.

The ATF will open the machine gun registry.

SIG will fire all former Kimber employees and actively improve quality control.

Ruger is going to build an Alaskan in 44 Magnum with 3 1/2" barrel by extending the Super Redhawk frame.

PedalBiker
September 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
How about a Ruger SR45?

FIVETWOSEVEN
October 1, 2012, 12:57 AM
How about a Ruger SR45?

Does it come in .300BLK?

gfanikf
October 1, 2012, 02:41 PM
Handcranked sub guns! Seriously I'm surprised people have tried it (crank vs a trigger) or things like that but for bigger guns (I've seen some handcrank 1919's).

I mean Taurus tried a 28 Gauge Handgun...which may or may not have been to mess with the debut of the Governor.

Realistically some Shield clones (The Taurus Chain Mail or The Taurus Armor) and perhaps a Judge that copies the Governor.

thomis
October 2, 2012, 07:27 AM

Maybe I'll finally buy one then..

Salty1
October 2, 2012, 02:42 PM
Personally I would be happy if all the manufacturers would actually make all the guns they showed from the last 2 Shot Shows. It would be nice to be able to actually find items like the Kimber Solo, Springfield XDs, the Sig 938 etc..... They will have new models that nobody will be able to find and when you do they will be MSRP or higher because of the lack of true availability......On the good side, Glocks will still look like Glocks and their fans will like them and the rest of us won't.....

gfanikf
October 2, 2012, 02:48 PM
You know someone at Glock keeps thinking about it. lol

Sniper66
October 2, 2012, 03:19 PM
For me it will be 3-4 new guns...a 9mm probably a Browning Highpower, a Winchester 30-30 with 26" octagonal barrel, a minty 20 ga Winchester Model 12, a Cooper .204. Don't really care what the trends are.

theautobahn
October 2, 2012, 05:36 PM
Kimber Solo, Springfield XDs, the Sig 938 etc.....

I've personally fondled / seen for sale a couple of XDs's and 938's, but I still haven't seen a Solo (and haven't they been out for longer?)...

JEB
October 4, 2012, 12:10 AM
maybe ruger will open a couple of new factories so we dont have to wait on a list for a year to get a 1911. they have a lot of different guns shown on their website, on the dealer's shelves...not so much.

Queen_of_Thunder
October 4, 2012, 12:43 AM
Really? :eek: I'm going to be first in line! :D

If that will work with 74 mags I'm in!
Academy has the MK25 minus the cosmetic adornments for $949.

crazyjennyblack
October 4, 2012, 12:56 PM
I tend to ignore SHOT show, honestly. Like a previous poster said, how long will it be until WE THE PEOPLE get to see the stuff in our stores? I want a Kimber Solo, at least to try out. I have never seeen one, and at a 6-9 month waiting time and a nearly $800 pricetag I think they can keep it. The thing has been out how long? Two years maybe?

I don't really care about more 1911 style pistols, as I already have three and I could buy them all again for less than some of the new ones. I'm tired of hearing about the new wonder "blackout" round, and I don't care for Glocks.

Yes, the future is bleak indeed. Call me your typical female, but I like my guns to look attractive as well as provide me compact power. Wood and steel please, so I can do all my custom inlays, scrimshaw, grip-swapping, etc...

Plastic may be functional and the gun may work fine, but it has no soul.

bikerdoc
October 4, 2012, 05:38 PM
Wood and steel please,

My kind of girl. :)

On the serious side I lusted after a solo until I keep hearing things like 200 rd break and LGS says 6 months wait.

TAKtical
October 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
My glock may not have a soul but at least its patriotic.
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj536/gunsandgearguy/Snapbucket/1B85CBD5_zps823ec968.jpg

peyton
October 8, 2012, 03:31 AM
I am hoping for ruger to jump into the 300 blackout bolt action game. Paying $800.00 for a Remington Micro 7 in 300 blackout is crazy!!

Queen_of_Thunder
October 8, 2012, 10:23 AM
I tend to ignore SHOT show, honestly. Like a previous poster said, how long will it be until WE THE PEOPLE get to see the stuff in our stores? I want a Kimber Solo, at least to try out. I have never seeen one, and at a 6-9 month waiting time and a nearly $800 pricetag I think they can keep it. The thing has been out how long? Two years maybe?

I don't really care about more 1911 style pistols, as I already have three and I could buy them all again for less than some of the new ones. I'm tired of hearing about the new wonder "blackout" round, and I don't care for Glocks.

Yes, the future is bleak indeed. Call me your typical female, but I like my guns to look attractive as well as provide me compact power. Wood and steel please, so I can do all my custom inlays, scrimshaw, grip-swapping, etc...

Plastic may be functional and the gun may work fine, but it has no soul.
All I can say is check out the Kimber Sapphire.

dbp
October 9, 2012, 10:31 PM
Anybody see Glock coming out with a single stack 9 anytime soon?
Glock Shield :)

gfanikf
October 10, 2012, 12:04 AM
Anybody see Glock coming out with a single stack 9 anytime soon?
Glock Shield :)
I'm still waiting for a Glock AR...or just something beyond a pistol. Perhaps when Gaston passes on.

HOWARD J
October 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
I expect to see Obama attempting to finally pass serious anti gun laws.
SS & Medicare people will be very unhappy------------:(

CoRoMo
October 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
AAC and GemTech are working on a joint venture to develop a silencer for PSE's Dominator line.

Mossberg, Ed Brown, Winchester, and Kimber will all introduce their own line of QD suppressors.

25cschaefer
October 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
You can look forward to me walking around drooling on everything. That's pretty cool right?

r1derbike
October 21, 2012, 01:15 AM
I've got an XD-S.Have had it for months...they're out there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/Airguns/SAXDs45acp.jpg

theautobahn
October 21, 2012, 08:16 PM

I've personally fondled / seen for sale a couple of XDs's and 938's, but I still haven't seen a Solo (and haven't they been out for longer?)...

As of a few days ago, I've also seen / fondled the Solo. The trigger is nowhere near as nice as I was hoping - it's smooth, but a long initial stroke and the reset is no shorter - very similar to a Kahr trigger.

iscareliberalsandlikeit
October 22, 2012, 02:19 AM
Glock will produce a proprietary pistol carbine on the AR platform, rumored to be exclusively chambered in 45GAP. :D

maskedman504
October 23, 2012, 03:59 AM
Glock buys Kel Tec and forms Glock Tec; Walmart purchases Glock Tec and stocks the firearms in the Tupperware aisle. Amazon, in a Cold War-esque manuever purchases Subway and removes all Subways from Walmart. Apple and Google sign a non-aggression pact and form an alliance with Southwest in response to the arms stockpiling of Walmart. Ikea decidedly remains neutral and by November 2013 we will have WWIII...

jhco
October 23, 2012, 09:53 AM

The solo has been out, I handled one back in the early spring. It was grossly marked up, never the less they are out there.

RX-178
October 25, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm looking forward to checking out the Arsenal Strike One pistol.

I'm hoping the Faxon ARAK upper will be there too.

I'm also going to check US Palm and Tangodown to see WTH happened with SOD Gear from Italy, they were showcasing their products for US distribution last year, but nothing has been even whispered about it since.

Queen_of_Thunder
October 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
The solo has been out, I handled one back in the early spring. It was grossly marked up, never the less they are out there.
When I first heard about the Solo and looked at the dealer sample I put money down and and was on the list to get one from my LGS. After waiting 6 months I said forget it and bought another gun instead. After about a year they finally showed up and were gone in no time. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get one. They are over priced pocket guns and I would rather spend my money on guns like the Sig P220, X6 or a S&W model 27 or a model 57. I could use another S&W model 610 though. For some reason the 10MM revolver appeals to me.

tacxted
October 31, 2012, 09:54 PM
I want to see the prices on arsenal sgls come down.

maybe glock will make the single stack 9 and the 380. I guess some of their gen4s have made in america on them!?

more tactical leverguns probibly

the 10/22 td will open a new 10/22 parts market. threaded barrels anyone?

Sheepdog1968
November 1, 2012, 05:15 PM
I would like to see Remington make a big public apology for the marlin fiasco and offer some sort of rebate to those who bought them and sent them elsewhere to get fixed.

I expect Ruger to have a 10-22 takedown with a wood stock.

I expect Ruger to finally sell their international version of the scout in the USA.

My dream would be for mossberg to take their tried and true 500 pump and make a lever action version of it. I dont want a cowboy action lever shotgun but I do want a real honest to goodness lever action shotgun from a tried and true platform and I'd happily buy it.

How about the Ruger single shot in 22 LR.

RX-178
November 4, 2012, 03:00 PM
Well, Remington just purchased Tapco, so I think any kind of apology regarding the quality of products is wishful thinking. :D

(Note: If the smiley isn't hint enough, I say this mostly in jest. Acquiring a firearms accessories company would make perfect sense for a company in Remington's position, and the people who handle these kinds of mergers and acquisitions tend to be quite far removed from the gun-buying public and their opinions.)

FIVETWOSEVEN
November 14, 2012, 12:33 AM
A double stack, .45 ACP SIG is coming, the P227.

sawdeanz
November 14, 2012, 03:38 PM
.22 AK is cool, but what's with the fake 30 round magazine, make it practical at least

RedBowTies88
November 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
Its doesn't matter becuase everything cool will be illegal in NJ :fire:

Ahhh the good life:rolleyes:

tarosean
November 16, 2012, 07:38 AM
S&W will drop THE LOCK from all its guns.

Browning will revive the Hi-Power and release 1 million magazines.

The ATF will open the machine gun registry.

SIG will fire all former Kimber employees and actively improve quality control.

Ruger is going to build an Alaskan in 44 Magnum with 3 1/2" barrel by extending the Super Redhawk frame.

What have you been smoking??

FIVETWOSEVEN
November 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
.22 AK is cool, but what's with the fake 30 round magazine, make it practical at least

It's a real 30 round magazine for 7.62x39 that houses the .22LR magazine.

Blackmore1
November 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
Bein as I live in Canada 2013 will not be to bad. The Government destroyed the long gun registry so we don't have to register rifles and shot guns any more. After a long fight with a couple of hold out provinces, Ontario and Quebec, they were also able to destroy all the records associated with the repealed law. Life is good. So endith the bigest political boondoggle in Canadian History.

danweasel
November 29, 2012, 05:43 PM
My dream would be for mossberg to take their tried and true 500 pump and make a lever action version of it. I dont want a cowboy action lever shotgun but I do want a real honest to goodness lever action shotgun from a tried and true platform and I'd happily buy it.

I am with you. Hopefully someone at Mossberg has the enviable (well, not really) job of cruising gun forums to gauge public opinion all day.

dwo357
November 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'm happy for my Northern neighbors. I live close to the border. I'm a bit nervous here with that guy that got re elected as pres.

Hammerhead6814
December 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'm hoping for a new bullpup. It's an amazingly under-served market. The first company to offer one in .223 for under $700 (thereby competing with AR-15's) will make money. Cheap AR-15 alternatives are in short supply these days, with Ruger's being $900 and Kel-Tec's going for $800.

Well, Remington just purchased Tapco, so I think any kind of apology regarding the quality of products is wishful thinking.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s) Why God why?!

Brockak47
December 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well one thing you can look forward to TV show wise is Sons of Anarchy season 6, it is confirmed they are guaranteed a 6th & 7th season and asking the main actor to sign for an 8th.

So that's always nice

KAS1981
December 5, 2012, 07:07 PM
More AR's & zombies.

HighRoadRover
December 6, 2012, 01:03 AM
A striker fired pistol from Sig, that looks a lot like a P250.

A S&W M&P Gen 2, with internals heavily influenced by Apex.

Alnamvet68
December 6, 2012, 10:20 AM
I predict S&W will market lower cost J frames in Scandium with stainless steel cylinders as opposed to titanium cylinders. They will be the new Airweight, and aluminum alloy framed guns will be no more.

garyhan
December 7, 2012, 08:23 AM
Winchester is introducing a new rimfire round with velocity higher than the .17 hmr. Will be interesting to see its ballistics and who will offer what guns for it.

gary

oneounceload
December 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
can you folks going PLEASE provide some coverage of those items that are NOT tactical/black/plastic?

tomrkba
December 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
can you folks going PLEASE provide some coverage of those items that are NOT tactical/black/plastic?

I'm telling you, Barack Obama is going to become pro-gun as soon as he receives his bonus check from the gun industry.

RX-178
December 12, 2012, 02:51 PM

Well I've always been a tacticool kind of guy, but I will certainly do my best. Got any suggestions for what companies/booths to check out for you?

oneounceload
December 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
Anything to do with some SPORTING shotguns - (you might like visiting the Three Sisters from Fausti), Beretta, Browning and the like, and maybe some of the newer offerings from the revolver folks - I already have all the bottom feeders and such as it is. Ammo and reloading companies might also be there

Thanks

tomrkba
December 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
I would like to see suppressors go on the AOW list and the tax be reduced to $5.

dagerv
December 13, 2012, 05:24 PM
a springfield xds in 9x19

Rembrandt
December 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
One new item for sure, Arne Boberg has announced they will have a booth at the shot show for the first time. You can expect his compact series and unique feeding system to be the focus of gun writers. They are now available from his online store. The long wait for R&D is over.

http://www.bobergarms.com/

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0166/4838/products/Platinum_websstore_large.jpg?133

RyeDaddy
December 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
I don't know what we'll actually see, but I'd love to see some threaded barrel options for the 10/22 takedown.

I'm also hoping Lapua will release some more ScenarL bullets, 6.5 and 30 cals please.

Queen_of_Thunder
December 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm telling you, Barack Obama is going to become pro-gun as soon as he receives his bonus check from the gun industry.
I swear I do believe he just may own stock in guns manufacturer 'so.

Queen_of_Thunder
December 18, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm hope there is a shot show and manufacturers do run and hide.

IdahoSkies
December 19, 2012, 04:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Are they going to hold it, and will the vendors change what they are bringing.

JN01
December 22, 2012, 01:39 AM
Gloom despair and agony too. If you believe the media that is. I personally think ammo is gonna go through the roof. The southeast will have a hard winter. Gas will go up some more then come way down. Israel will wipe out Iran. People will start another gun buying craze. The polar ice caps will actually grow. The Northern Spotted Owl Population will increase so much they will open a season on them. The wolf will over populate and eat all the elk and the conservationist pets. Ruger will come out with a 460 in the 96 lever action and my wife will buy me one.
Thats my forecast / dread/ wish list. I need some coffee.

Wow, that's going to be a really busy SHOT show. :D

I'm thinking new semi-auto tactical rifles will be held back until they find out what is going to happen legislatively. No use getting stuck with inventory you can't sell.

RyeDaddy
December 24, 2012, 04:33 AM
I forgot, I CAN'T WAIT to see the two new Nightforce scopes to be released at SHOT.

Speedgoat
December 25, 2012, 02:21 PM
To carry along with the 'Revival' of Winchester's Model 70, I'd love to see the 'Westerner' brought back. They are already making that pre-64 barrel contour used on their 'Alaskan' model, and they're also back to making factory .264 Win Mags. Shouldn't bee too costly of a move as essentially all it would be would be making their 'Alaskan' line chambered in your .264's and .243's and possibly offer a slightly different stock. I certainly know they would get my money for one.

bigbore442001
December 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
I read where Winchester is coming out with a super version of the 17 rimfire magnum. If so, I am hoping that they will have some ammo and the prototypes out at the SHOT SHOW.

JTW Jr.
December 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
Can't wait for SHOT. I guess I will have to make the 12 mile drive in each day :)

Apple a Day
January 6, 2013, 08:28 PM
Instead of 1911s all of the manufacturers will start making revolvers chambered for 9mm, .45ACP, and .40S&W.
Actually, I'd like a .45 ACP wheelgun. I think they'd go over big.

tomrkba
January 6, 2013, 10:29 PM
45 ACP wheelguns are made by S&W with their model "25" designation guns (25, 325, and 625). Ruger offers the Blackhawk with 45 ACP cylinder.

Apple a Day
January 7, 2013, 08:04 PM
Good luck finding one, though. They're rarer than hen's teeth.
Taurus has made and I think has gone back to making a 9mm revolver while Charter Arms has come out with a .40 and a 9mm version. Again, good luck finding one.

ScrapMetalSlug
January 7, 2013, 11:35 PM
I'm excited to see what sort of crazy rifles or shotguns that Mossberg will come out with. I am not sure how they can top the tacti-cool lever action or chainsaw shotgun, but I want to see them try.

JShirley
January 8, 2013, 09:19 PM
I will definitely check them out for you. :)

John

Derek Zeanah
January 8, 2013, 10:36 PM
Looks like Desert Tactical's booth with be interesting as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "What can we look forward to for 2013." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!