Need help ruger blackhawk

PDA

jayd513
September 23, 2012, 11:15 PM
Ok guys I m new here and need some help I just bought a Ruger New Model Backhawk in 357. I am interested in hunting for whitetale deer with it as I am from Ohio and can only use shotguns anyway. However this gun has a ribbed barrel on it looks sweet to me but is there scope rings that will mount onto the rib or do I need to buy some sort of mount. Any info would be appreciated :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help ruger blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Salmoneye
September 24, 2012, 06:43 AM
Pretty sure if it has a rib that it is aftermarket and not 'solid' enough for scope mounting...

Bet the rib is made by Poly-Choke...

Quoheleth
September 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
Unless its a Hunter model. I think those come with a rail and are cut to accept Ruger scope rings.

OP: any pictures you can show us? What length barrel?

If the law is shotguns only for deer, you might want to verify if you can have a handgun on you while hunting. That might be frowned upon.

Q

CraigC
September 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
Salmoneye nailed it.

There have been no Hunter models in .357Mag.

weblance
September 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ohio allows handgun hunting for deer with a straight wall cartridge .357 and larger, and a barrel length of 5" and longer

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help ruger blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!