Need help getting someone at S&W

PDA

hossdaniels
September 29, 2012, 08:42 PM
Guys, I'm getting frustrated. After several emails I cant get a reply about replacement scope base for my 629 pc light hunter. This is my first encounter with s&w customer service, and I am NOT IMPRESSED!

Anyone know someone that could help me? :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help getting someone at S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JRWhit
September 29, 2012, 09:02 PM
It's easy,send them an e-mail expressing that you are looking to buy 200 service pistols for the local LE and leave a number. When you're phone starts ringing,give it at least five seconds, pick up and tell them it's all contingent upon the quickness put forth in sending you a scope mount base. If nothing else hopefully you chuckled a little.:neener:
Seriously I'd call they don't get back to e-mails quickly.1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Or go to their website and to the online store.

rcmodel
September 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
Call them on a real live talking telephone.
And talk to a real live talking person.

Many companies get overwhelmed with email, and / or the spam filter dumps it before anyone looks at it.

rc

hossdaniels
September 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
I emailed because I didn't want to wait on the phone, but I'll give it a shot.

Steve C
September 29, 2012, 09:26 PM
After several emails I cant get a reply about replacement scope base for my 629 pc light hunter. This is my first encounter with s&w customer service, and I am NOT IMPRESSED! .

Check your Spam and junk email settings and Spam folder to make sure your email isn't the problem and is blocking or diverting responses.

If you want instant contact with most companies, call their customer support number. Email is usually read and answered in order it is received. Often the same customer support people answering the phone are replying to emails in their "spare time". The phone always gets first priority.

oneounceload
September 30, 2012, 12:01 AM
Try using your PHONE - it is amazing how folks think sending a generic email that goes to a central dump bank and doesn't get answered gets them upset but when you mention calling and actually TALKING to a LIVE person, they get the "deer in the headlight" look............wow..............................

Jim K
September 30, 2012, 12:06 AM
I have no idea how many e-mails S&W gets, but judging by the rants and raves on some web sites, they probably get a lot and most of it is insane hate mail. I would be surprised if anyone bothers to read it.

Call or write them.

Jim

Guillermo
September 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
I have called S&W and find that the phone people have a script.

If your problem is not on their list you must find a way to get beyond the first level of phone monkeys.

hossdaniels
September 30, 2012, 12:46 AM
That was my line of thinking to, granted I will give them the opportunity to fix it on the phone. If I get blocked by the phone monkeys do you have any tips?

Old Fuff
September 30, 2012, 01:10 AM
Smith & Wesson has three phone numbers.

Toll Free = (800) 331-0852

Regular = (413) 781-8300

FAX - (413) 747-3317

If you call on your dime you are more likely to get directed to a live person who can help, and a FAX message will likely get more attention then an e-mail.

Guillermo
September 30, 2012, 02:42 AM
hoss,

if it is a warranty situation, they will handle it, most probably with speed.

If you are buying something, they will be happy to take your money

I don't expect this to be beyond the monkey's talking points

If it is, politely ask to talk to someone who can help you.

That said, they refuse to answer technical questions.

351 WINCHESTER
September 30, 2012, 05:51 PM
I had a friend that called them to check on a revolver and Hank Williams Jr was there. He ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes on on our local gunshop's dime. After the conversation the owner asked Jan who he was talking to. He calmly said, Hank Williams, Jr. The owner said "why did't you let me talke to him"?

hossdaniels
October 1, 2012, 03:31 PM
It took a while, but I *think* the phone call worked.

She said "we got one."
I said "no, not the regular 629 mount, it is different"
She says "serial #?"
Me "blah blah 3456"
She says "we got one left"

So for under $30 delivered I think my troubles are going away. Thanks for the tips gentlemen. If she sends me the wrong one, I'm gonna be :cuss:.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help getting someone at S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!