Ok, it's a little silly, but..... Zombie holster!

PDA

mdmorgan
October 1, 2012, 03:37 AM
I know some of you think the whole zombie thing is a little goofy. I do too, but I have a bunch of friends who are into it, and I figured what the heck why not make a zombie holster. So here it is. The “blood” is Testers paint. The biohazard emblem is pressed into the Kydex when the holster is formed and then colored in. what do you all think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, it's a little silly, but..... Zombie holster!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZGunner
October 1, 2012, 04:09 AM
Looks pretty cool. You formed it yourself?

mdmorgan
October 1, 2012, 04:10 AM
Looks pretty cool. You formed it yourself?
Yes, I run a small business making leather and Kydex holsters. My web site is my sig line.

R.W.Dale
October 1, 2012, 04:18 AM
Make em, sell the pee out of em to gamers and hipsters then when this most recent fad runs its course we'll pick up a nice holster used on the cheap and normalize things with a shot of krylon fusion.

Fusion does work on klydex doesn't it?

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complaints about

mdmorgan
October 1, 2012, 04:23 AM
Make em, sell the pee out of em to gamers and hipsters then when this most recent fad runs its course we'll pick up a nice holster used on the cheap and normalize things with a shot of krylon fusion.

Fusion does work on klydex doesn't it?

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complaints about
there is always that ;)

ZGunner
October 1, 2012, 05:33 AM
I like the hybrid you have. How much extra do you charge for guns you don't have on your list? I'd be interested in one for a M&P compact if it wouldn't break the bank.

mdmorgan
October 1, 2012, 05:54 AM
I like the hybrid you have. How much extra do you charge for guns you don't have on your list? I'd be interested in one for a M&P compact if it wouldn't break the bank.
For a common gun like that, I wouldn't charge anymore. Also, that list has not been updated for a while I have the 4.25" M&P is that the "compact"? they always confuse me with that.

ZGunner
October 1, 2012, 06:06 AM
For a common gun like that, I wouldn't charge anymore. Also, that list has not been updated for a while I have the 4.25" M&P is that the "compact"? they always confuse me with that.

3.5" is in their Compact Size moedels.

mdmorgan
October 1, 2012, 06:07 AM
3.5" is in their Compact Size moedels.
I sent you a PM

Husker_Fan
October 1, 2012, 09:32 AM
Here's a marketing idea for you. There are a lot of gun ranges across the country that have "Zombie Shoots" around Halloween. These would be great as a prize for stage winners, overall winners, or as a door/raffle prize. You could donate a couple to a range in exchange for a sponsorship.

mdmorgan
October 2, 2012, 03:43 AM
Here's a marketing idea for you. There are a lot of gun ranges across the country that have "Zombie Shoots" around Halloween. These would be great as a prize for stage winners, overall winners, or as a door/raffle prize. You could donate a couple to a range in exchange for a sponsorship.
You know, that's a great idea. I have been up to the DPMS zombie shoot in MN. I think I will contact them and see about doing that.
Thanks for the idea.

Husker_Fan
October 2, 2012, 02:19 PM
Glad you like it. The first idea's free. After that I become a paid consultant :)

mdmorgan
October 3, 2012, 02:17 AM
Glad you like it. The first idea's free. After that I become a paid consultant :)
I'll keep that in mind. ;)

metalart
October 3, 2012, 07:17 PM
Have a friend who would love it..

skt239
October 3, 2012, 11:15 PM
I think the holster looks great. I hope you sell piles of them.

CWL
October 4, 2012, 02:16 PM
Not my thing, but I think you'll sell a lot of them.

Zombies will eventually trend-out, but take the money while it's there.

smalls
October 4, 2012, 02:30 PM
Not my thing, but I think you'll sell a lot of them.

Zombies will eventually trend-out, but take the money while it's there.

Exactly

But for the record, I do like the two tone kydex holsters like this one, or especially where the back sheet is just a little bigger than the front, so you can see the back color, too. Looks neat.

BHP FAN
October 6, 2012, 04:44 AM
if only it were black and tan, rather than black and that ''zombie green''.....

mdmorgan
October 6, 2012, 05:31 AM
if only it were black and tan, rather than black and that ''zombie green''.....
I would be happy to make you one in any color combo you like.

webfox
October 6, 2012, 02:26 PM
Looks like a cool product. If you get the right marketing going, your turnaround time should be more than 2 weeks. It's not my style, but if I had disposable income, I'd get it for October.

Good job. Keep hoping that "Walking Dead" continues to enthrall the audience.

Saakee
October 6, 2012, 05:22 PM
Try selling some with an electric blue backing for people who actually know that radiation is more likely going to shine blue and not green. I think it's pretty cool nonetheless except for where the biohazard imprint gets cut off due to the shaping of the gun. maybe try centering them so they're cut off equally on both sides?

EVIL
October 8, 2012, 10:31 AM
Pretty cool; that would perfect for the "zombie shoot" 3 gun I'm going to next weekend. :)

hAkron
October 8, 2012, 11:07 PM
I think the zombie fad is 'fun'. You did a great job with this holster. Not something I would carry, but for a 'zombified' thing, it's perfect.

JustinJ
October 10, 2012, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't dare concealed carry with something like that. The last thing one should want after using a firearm in self defense is to be portrayed as one who does not take carrying a firearm seriously.

JEB
October 11, 2012, 02:05 AM
im not really "into" the whole zombie thing, but that is one fine looking holster.

VPLthrneck
October 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
I like the two tone idea. Also good timing with halloween right around the corner and the new Resident Evil movie that just came out.

CoRoMo
October 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
Does the green glow in the dark?

If it doesn't, it should.

mdmorgan
October 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
Does the green glow in the dark?

If it doesn't, it should.
I wish!

know where I can find some glow in the dark kydex? ;)

Saakee
October 13, 2012, 02:17 AM
Only1Asterisk on ar15.com asked some people about it, try contacting him?

you could also just use glow-in-the-dark paint and include a uv penlight so people can recharge the holster at will.

KTXdm9
October 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
Very creative. I'm not into the zombie thing, so take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought of doing them minus the blood spatters and with some green paint on the bio hazard rings?

shiftyer1
October 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
It would take a big belt to be able to carry a holstered zombie comfortably.

mdmorgan
October 14, 2012, 01:56 AM
Very creative. I'm not into the zombie thing, so take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought of doing them minus the blood spatters and with some green paint on the bio hazard rings?
Not really, but I would do it if someone asked for it.

mdmorgan
October 14, 2012, 01:59 AM
It would take a big belt to be able to carry a holstered zombie comfortably.
Heh.

TheMercenary
October 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
I love it

I just purchased a 4" 629 44mag after watching The Walking Dead marathon, and sent Hornady a email requesting some 44mag "Zombie Max" ammo for it

Zombie stuff is the rage now...

snakeman
October 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
I'm not into the zombie thing, but that's a cool holster.

Jaymo
October 19, 2012, 11:46 PM
I love it. I've liked zombie movies/games since before they became the latest rage.
The Walking Dead is a great show, as are Justified and Hell on Wheels.
I like playing the Resident Evil/Dear Rising/Left 4 Dead video games with my teen son.
Considering how long zombie movies have been around, I think there will always be a core audience/customer base for zombie related goods.
RE4&5 are great games, as are L4D and L4D2. Haven't played RE6 yet. Waiting to get it used for a lot less money than new.
Hope they make another L4D game or two.

Did I mention I like your holster idea? I think you could sell the snot out of them. The "blood" spatter is a nice touch. The Biohazard green is cool, too.

Re: radiation glowing blue, that may be true, but biohazard and radiation are two different things.

Funny thing is, with the cannibalistic/zombified behavior exhibited by some people who use "bath salts", the whole zombie thing gains some credibility. The difference being drug induced vs virus induced.

mdmorgan
October 27, 2012, 04:09 AM
Here is another one for a Glock 34

DevilDog0402
October 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
I like it!

PabloJ
October 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
I do like blaze green grips instead of hot pink. If those were available while back I would have kept by DAO S&W 37.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, it's a little silly, but..... Zombie holster!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!