What's the most worthless gun that you won't get rid of?

PDA

JRWhit
October 2, 2012, 03:26 PM
mine is a RIGARMI-Brescia cal.6.35<25> 172828

I know I don't have to go into what a 25 is good for, but other than that it has always been guaranteed to jam up every time you shoot it. Scariest thing about it to me is ejecting a live round. As the slide comes back the firing pin is what is used to push against the casing and fling it out with the extractor. It's not worth much and last I checked would bring under $100. But I could never get rid of it because it's a gun with a story that's worth more to me than the gun is.
This gun came from my Grandfather on my mom's side. See my grandfather was the kind that like to, well, drink from many cups. Occasionally that would spell trouble for him. One particular morning it brought a little more trouble than others as he was awakened by a sharp pressure in the middle of his chest. As he opened his eyes what he made out was one of his frequents, a little angered by the discovery of another one of his frequents, with a little 25 cal. buried in his chest. I was never informed of the exact exchange of words in this incident but I'm sure they were colorful to say the least. At any rate my grandfather through some measure or another was able to use quick hands and relieve her of the handgun. Later on he gave it to my Mother. When I became older she gave it to me. My grandfather passed before I was ever born so all I ever had to know him by were small accounts, tid-bits, and a little 25 with a big story.
So what's the one gun you can't get rid of?

If you enjoyed reading about "What's the most worthless gun that you won't get rid of?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
October 2, 2012, 03:31 PM
My C9 is worth less than any other firearm in my ownership.

I don't have plans to get rid of it anytime soon.

Captcurt
October 2, 2012, 05:13 PM
My grandfathers model 60 Winchester 22. Wouldn't bring $20 at an auction, but you don't have enough money to get me to sell it.

xwing
October 2, 2012, 05:20 PM
I think no guns are worthless. :D

danweasel
October 2, 2012, 05:22 PM
I cut a break action 10 gauge down. Now it is effectively useless AND worthless.

I think I like it!

jcwit
October 2, 2012, 05:50 PM
Few years ago I bought a single shot boys rifle by the name of HOBAN, made in Salem, MI. It was a prize given to kids for selling so much Cloverine Salve. I paid $10.00 for it at a gun show. Just checked Gun Broker .com and see they are asking $200 plus for them now. I'll keep it for awhile longer.

mdauben
October 2, 2012, 06:18 PM
This old S&W 38 special.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6864418995_a663e0fe5d_z.jpg

Normally, one of these would be fairly collectable but this one is in such rough shape and not a particularly rare variation so itís really not worth much. However, it used to belong to my dad so to me the sentimental value is too great to ever get rid of it.

speedway
October 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
I have a single shot Lithgow .22 rifle that has very limited monetary value, but it means alot to me because it was the first gun that my oldest son learned to shoot with.

50 cal
October 2, 2012, 06:34 PM
My most worthless gun is my intratech 22 sport. It always jams, it isn't accurate at all and I've broken three firing pins in the stupid thing. It doesn't have much market value but it does look cool hanging on the inside of my gunsafe.

Larry Ashcraft
October 2, 2012, 06:42 PM
A single shot Springfield 22 that was given to my dad in 1939 for his 12th birthday, bought used by my grandpa. When my dad was newly married, he decided to fix up the little rifle as a winter project. He sanded the stock down and then inlaid dice into the stock and carved his initials on one side and my mom's on the other side and filled them with red paint, then revarnished the stock.

My siblings and I learned to shoot with that rifle until I broke the firing pin when I was about 17. Dad had a gunsmith fix it but it wasn't right, and would spit fragments back at the shooter.

After dad passed away almost five years ago, I took the little rifle to a gunsmith who made a new firing pin for it. It's an accurate little rifle and my grandkids love shooting it.

A few years ago dad was lamenting that he had ruined a "collector's item" that winter back in the 50s. I told him, no, you just turned a $30 rifle into a $20 one. It just has more character now and will continue to be passed down in the family.

oneounceload
October 2, 2012, 06:46 PM
Beretta 34 made in 1943 with Italian Army marks

TNboy
October 2, 2012, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't consider it worthless, and I have a handful of guns that have sentimental value, heck most of mu guns do for some reason or another, but the one at the top of that list is my grandpa's Ruger Standard. It's not worth a ton of money and it is an excellent shooting pistol, I just hate that Ruger cheaped out and put those horrible fixed sights on it.

12gaugeTim
October 2, 2012, 08:12 PM
Ithaca lever-operated single shot .22 with a cat piss stain on the barrel and a stock that looks like it just barely escaped a sawmill alive.
My grampa gave it to me for my 16th birthday.

saltydog452
October 2, 2012, 08:42 PM
RG .22Short revolver. It was a fun, relatively quiet camping toy with CB caps. Companion to a 'Wham-O' Wrist Rocket Sling Shot.

salty

76shuvlinoff
October 2, 2012, 08:44 PM
A single shot Wards Hercules 12 gauge my wife's grandfather owned and traded to my dad for $3 and a pile of scrap steel long before I was born. There was a bulge in the barrel at 19 inches so it has been cut down and the bead reinstalled. All the finish was gone so the metal has been rattlecanned with Rustoleum satin black. About a 3rd of the butt plate is missing and the stock is very short so I only touch it off from the hip. With 00 it throws an 8 to 9 " pattern at 7 paces.

Priceless

MedWheeler
October 2, 2012, 09:09 PM
I have a Grendel P10 that's probably not worth much and I have no intention of getting rid of it. To whom would I get rid of it?
But, the one that probably most fits this question is probably a Savage-Stevens M89 .22 (Short, Long, or Long Rifle) rifle I picked up around 1987 for $30, at a gun show. I think that was either the only year that were made, or one of only two or three years they were made. Maybe six or eight years ago, I saw some listed for around $200 on some sites in good condition. It's a single-shot, falling-block action that is made to look like a lever gun, even with a faux magazine tube beneath the barrel. I used to enjoy shooting CB caps from it when I was the only house on my street and could get away with it. Who knows; might one day soon be used to "bring my daughter (now four years old) around."

Edit: Thought of another.. Not at home right now, so I can't see the model number, but it's an old Savage single-shot 12 gauge someone gave me once. It was cut down at both ends by someone who had it many someones before him. He said he got it from his brother in Texas, fired it once, cut the snot out of his hand, and had no further use for it. Gave it to me in probably 1992. Buttstock is cut off, and the remainder of it wrapped in electrical tape. Barrel is right about 19 inches (OAL is still wthin legal limits.) No blueing on it left; I only took it because I thought I might take up blueing, and would use it as a practice piece. Never did, though (and never fired it, either.)
Won't get rid of it since I don't want to pollute a perfectly good lake or river. I've had it this long, so, whatever..

walker944
October 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'll have to say my single-shot Butler Derringer in .22 short. You have to cock the hammer, pull the trigger; then do it again in order to get it to fire. You have to pull the trigger twice on every round!! Is pretty funny. I paid $35 for it at a gun show, and would do it again. From self defense/reliability standpoint it's completely worthless; but I love whipping it out (not in public) and telling people it's my concealed carry handgun!! :neener: Hahaha.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/walker944/ButlerDerringer.jpg

wally
October 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
My Chiappa 1911-22, wouldn't inflict it on Iran, bummer we don't have "gun buybacks" here.

I keep it to serve as a bad example about impulse purchases.

jolly roger
October 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
An absolutely ratty Remington 12 pump 22 that has a slightly ringed barrel but still shoots just fine. My deceased father in laws gun. Truly lucky to have a father in law as good as my own Daddy. As to the ringed barrel, story was he shot a frog in a mud puddle and stuck the barrel in the mud. It'll still shoot into less than an inch at 25 yards with the little buckhorn sights...go figure. Wouldn't take $500 for it..

janedoedad
October 2, 2012, 10:11 PM
Jennings J-22.

Bought it 30 years ago for SD when working the night shift a a Stop-n-Rob. Gave it to my Mom a few years later. I got it back when she passed away.

It shoots pretty well, but the safety is broke.

mljdeckard
October 2, 2012, 10:31 PM
I have a FIE knockoff nylon 66 that barely works at all. But I got it for christmas when I was 14, it's not going anywhere.

mavracer
October 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
I have a pair. A Colt 1908 vest pocket 25 acp and a Spanish knock off just like it the were both Gifts the Colt from my Step Grandfather and the Royal de Arms from my FIL. Both men meant a lot to me.

crazy-mp
October 2, 2012, 11:30 PM
My Chiappa 1911-22
That's funny right there....

I have a Sears single shot 12 ga that was sawed off at 18.75 inches, had a broken butt-plate and not a square inch of finish left on it, bought it cheap 35.00 bucks afraid to shoot it, just serves as a reminder from my youth when the thought that one more gun is a good gun, (read quantity over quality).

Sharps-shooter
October 3, 2012, 01:48 AM
I have a 12 bore purdey that is custom made for someone who is already dead. It isn't really a very good shotgun, practically speaking (low capacity, low pressure non-magnum loads only) and it's too long to use for home defense (i mean you could, but there's no reason to with a perfectly nice modern pump shotgun next to it). Its not exactly worthless, but it's sort of been superseded.

kynwatch
October 3, 2012, 02:07 AM
Dads Remington Model 33. I spent double what it's worth getting it reblued, sight reattached and stock fixed. Worth every penny after I found out it was bought for dad on the day he was born. It seems my Grandfather bought all 3 boys a 22 rifle on the day they were born. I've got all 3 now. One uncle had only a daughter that hates guns and the other never married. The other two are off getting refinished now. They aren't worth much more in monetary value, but all 3 are priceless to me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

kozak6
October 3, 2012, 06:09 AM
Mosin Nagant M91/30. I've checked all the markings. Nothing interesting. It's badly pitted, has a nasty bore, the stock is a mess and has more grease in it than 1000 McDonalds, and the bolt sticks so bad it takes a hammer to cycle it.

It's not even worth the effort to sell.

Taniwha
October 3, 2012, 08:08 AM
Rogak 9mm pistol...I have one in my collection...don't work.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XCkTSf0swcQ/SQRIBjVd8eI/AAAAAAAAERg/IDh0PIMgjkA/s320/RogakP18.jpg
Mr Rogers, That is..., well thats just all kinds of ugly.
Although, seeing as there's only about 2300 that does make it kinda rare.

Damn thats ugly. And I like the Chiappa/Mateba Rhino too!

Noah
October 3, 2012, 10:17 AM
Well I have an old Marlin Model 20 .22 that the LGS offered me $40 for- so I keep that one. I have 3 single shot H&R shotguns that I keep. And a Winchester 290 .22 from the 70s that won't shoot 5 rounds without a jam or misfire, but it was my Dad's first gun and it's worth nothing so I keep that. Most worthless gun I keep is the Marlin though- it will shoot a 3" group from a rest at 35 yards and gets through a magazine without any FTFires at least a third of the time! :D But, for $40, it is still a .22 rifle that my little brother likes, so, priceless.

mxl
October 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
I think no guns are worthless. :D
I had a Gen Prec [General Precision?] .22 revolver my brother gave me. It WAS [I cleaned it up and gave it back] as close to no value as any gun I have ever seen. It actually fired but the pot metal, crappy lack of workmanship and appearance gave "Saturday Nite Special" a new meaning.

Striker
October 3, 2012, 11:15 AM
My XD .45 ACP

AWorthyOpponent
October 3, 2012, 12:46 PM
I have an old FIE Titan .25 that my great grandfather carried back in the day before passing away. My grandmother gave it to me on my 21st birthday, and it holds enough sentimental value that I would never get rid of it. Actual value is prob less than $75.

My great grandmother had the firing pin taken out of it when he passed, so I've never fired it. I may get the pin replaced and inspected eventually, but for now, I like knowing that my great grandfather carried this every day and was the last to shoot it.

Warp
October 4, 2012, 07:19 PM
Remington Nylon 66

Except I might get rid of it. It's probably worth more to somebody else than it is to me.

whtsmoke
October 4, 2012, 08:48 PM
which 66 do you have?

JohnBT
October 4, 2012, 08:49 PM
My grandfather's 3" Iver Johnson .32.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=303472&size=1

It's worn out, corroded and dirty, so I just hit it with the Rig Rag every few years and hang on to it. And it wasn't designed for smokeless powder.

Fwiw, looking at the grips, it's a Second Model. I don't know when my grandfather acquired it, but he was born in 1891, so he probably didn't get it new.

""Quick visual clues that identify a Third Model (1909 to 1941) include a longer rear sight on top of the latch and the owl head on the grips is looking directly at you , rather than towards the muzzle end of the barrel as was the case on the Second Model.""

Safetychain
October 5, 2012, 01:07 AM
My worthless is a Phoenix .32. I inherited it with one 6 rnd magazine. Will fail to rechamber any round until there are three or fewer rounds left. After 3-4 shot sessions, the little rounds hammer the pot metal around the firing pin hole to the point that the firing pin won't strike the primer hard enough to fire it and I have reamed it out a couple of times. AND, it has real imitation plastic pearl grips. I've been looking for the gun buy-back around here. At least SC repealed the Saturday Night Special law last year which will make it a little easier to sell to somebody that wants a worthless little pistol. The law didn't mean I couldn't sell it but if a dealer couldn't, the perception was I was a BG for trying to sell it even when I told them that it didn't work. I was trying to get only $10 for it. Come on buy-back program.

Twiki357
October 5, 2012, 01:45 AM
Mine is an old JC Higgins 22 (S/L/LR) tube fed bolt action. The tube feed (magazine, I guess) got crushed so I took it off to make it a single shot - didn't work to good but it was real accurate. It was the first gun I owned (My parents bought it for me 55 years ago) and I still have it.... somewhere.

AWorthyOpponent
October 5, 2012, 05:24 AM
FIE Titan .25 was a well made little all steel pistol. Very dependable and attractively small.

It is fairly attractive, and it seems to have stood the test of time well. I know it hasn't been cleaned in AT LEAST 20 years and other than the fact that its missing the firing pin, it seems to be in good working order. The design looks like an LCP and a 1911 had a baby. Quite attractive, especially for the time frame of production...

BigN
October 5, 2012, 05:26 AM
I've got an old Belgian Browning Auto my grandfather had. Ugly has heck, heavier than that, sits in a corner somewhere in my house...

Tob
October 5, 2012, 02:46 PM
First gun I ever bought was a .38spl revolver. Its been broken for awhile now, but I'll never get rid of it. :)

7thCavScout
October 5, 2012, 03:03 PM
The Erma EP .22 Luger I inherited from my Uncle.

horsemen61
October 5, 2012, 03:28 PM
My first pistol it is a Jimenez arms 22lr my dad bought for me

ApacheCoTodd
October 6, 2012, 07:36 PM
Gotta be my H&R .22. Absolute POS. Worn out, poorly maintained and at some point some brain trust had replaced the grip - any grip - with lead. That's right, what you see in the photo is a lead glob grip with some sort of enamel over it.

I keep thinkin' I'll get after it and make 'er shoot again because I love the basic shape of these from an aesthetic point of view and the works seem to have the potential to operate with minimal replacement parts but every time I think to either get rid of it or at least eliminate the lead - the novelty of it sways me.

r1derbike
October 6, 2012, 09:49 PM
J.C. Higgins .22. 'nuff said.

PT92
October 6, 2012, 10:43 PM
$135 total NIB and no I won't part with it ;):

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/markewall/IMG_20120505_213053.jpg

22-rimfire
October 6, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'd have to say it is the Colt version (the No. 4) of the Butler single shot revolver in 22 short. There seems to be little collector interest in them. I'm glad that I only have one pair. I have one of the Butler revolvers in lucite that makes a darn nice and KOOL paper weight. It was not cheap. I bought it from the previous owner of Butler.

cpt-t
October 6, 2012, 11:36 PM
RG 32 acp revolver: It belonged to my Dad, and I use to give a hard time everytime he got it out, when we went shooting. I would give him a hard time and He would just grin and then we would just laugh about owning a gun like that. And I would make him promise that he would leave the gun at home, if any body else was going shooting with us. My Dad has been gone along time now, and I still miss him very much. I have many of his thing`s that I treasure and still use very carefully. That old RG 32 acp revolver especially, I take it to the range sometimes with me, and I can see the looks and hear the snide remarks from other shooters about the gun I am using. I have several boxes of ammo for it and shoot quite often, because when I do I know my Dad is watching me and is grining and laughing and so am I. No that old RG 32 acp revolver is not for sale and there will always be shells for it in the cabnet. ken

savanahsdad
October 6, 2012, 11:49 PM
Ithaca lever-operated single shot .22 with a cat piss stain on the barrel and a stock that looks like it just barely escaped a sawmill alive.
My grampa gave it to me for my 16th birthday.
that would be a Ithaca Mod. 49 saddle gun , I'd chuck the wifes glock in the lake befor I'd give up my 49

PT92
October 7, 2012, 09:20 AM
that HP22 is far from being worthless. They are actually a pretty accurate and reliable gun.
I agree that's why I qualified my statement with "I won't part with it." Yet, it's the "cheapest "most" worthless gun I own. For example, if I had to sell it to you tomorrow, how much would you give me for it?

The question is inherently tricky, tantamount to asking "which is your least favorite kid...."

mesinge2
October 7, 2012, 09:40 AM
I found this, what I believe to be an obrea hermanos, with two fired empty cases and three live cases in an empty lot I had purchased. I brought it in to the sheriff's office just in case it was used in a crime like 100 years ago and it was evidence in a long cold case. Well about a year after that they called me to come pick it up because as it was not connected to anything and as I turned it in, it is my property now. Kinda cool conversation piece.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/mesinge2/My%20heaters/UG1.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/mesinge2/My%20heaters/UG2.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/mesinge2/My%20heaters/UG3.jpg

essayons21
October 7, 2012, 12:22 PM
My granpa's Savage M720. Its was a contract built version of the Browning Auto 5 made during WWII and used to train bomber gunners in aerial gunnery. Some also were used as trench guns. My granpa was a B24 pilot and picked it up somewhere along the line.

It was rode hard, put away wet, and at some point my dad or uncle took all the finish off the receiver trying to remove the rust. Both point the finger at the other on that one.

It eventually was passed down to me and I spent about $150 to have it reblued and have a bad crack in the forend fixed.

I thought the cutts compensator was added by my granpa at some point, but the example that is hanging in the NRA museum has the same compensator, so now I think it was probably issued that way.

It has lost its value as a collectors piece, but its invaluable to me.

Larry Ashcraft
October 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
Butler single shot revolver

:confused:

mesinge2
October 7, 2012, 02:01 PM
:confused:

I second the :confused:

2bfree
October 7, 2012, 02:13 PM
A Dikson 38 special I got from my Dad when he passed. Looks like new, it should for an 85 dollar new gun,. I did fire 6 rounds out of it to make sure it works and keep it in my nightstand, I would rather it get taken in a home robbery than one of my better guns

22-rimfire
October 7, 2012, 06:06 PM
The Colt No 4 and the Butler is a derringer by the way, not a revolver. The Blue Book shows a value of the Colt (cased set) at about $450 in NIB condition. Not much interest there.

Prodigal Son
October 7, 2012, 06:12 PM
I have a couple:

A Sterling .25 semi-auto that hasn't been fired in at least 30 years. I remember this one rattling around in the glove box of my Mothers car for years. It used to jam like crazy until my Dad figured out that it was because the clip didn't fit "up" into the gun far enough. A little JB Weld on the bottom of the clip and all was well......

An H&R Topper model 48 12 ga. single shot. I don't know where my Dad got this....probably from an auction. It looks like someone drug it behind their pick-up on a gravel road.

Cheers,

PS!

Chevelle SS
October 7, 2012, 07:41 PM
20ga H&R single shot

PapaG
October 7, 2012, 09:01 PM
Savage 63, or is it a 67? Single shot 22wmr with a "mannlicher" stock and mostly sheet steel parts. Won't sell.....heck, probably couldn't find a buyer. (new, btw)

monet61
October 8, 2012, 07:45 PM
Would probably be this old High Standard Double Nine. I'm sure it's not worth $50.00, but it just keeps working and has been and is, a great truck gun.

Stevie-Ray
October 8, 2012, 09:08 PM
CBC single-shot shotgun. Won't get rid of it because in the 20 years I've had it, it's doubled it's value to an amazing 56 bucks. At that rate I need keep it only another 160 years and it will net me over 13,000 dollars. Amazing.

CZguy
October 8, 2012, 09:13 PM
CBC single-shot shotgun. Won't get rid of it because in the 20 years I've had it, it's doubled it's value to an amazing 56 bucks. At that rate I need keep it only another 160 years and it will net me over 13,000 dollars. Amazing.

In all fairness, at our current rate of inflation, I don't think it will take near that long to make a fortune. :D

IBEWBULL
October 8, 2012, 09:19 PM
The Detonics Pocket 9
I dumped it in 1995 after having great expectations of a real pocket gun which could hit the point of aim.
This overweight PPK size cannon had about a 22 pound DA trrigger pull.
The blow back action kicked like heck. Accuracy was on por with a derringer. Luck would be the only way it could happen.
Worst thing is I traded a Nazi marked .32 PPK and cash for it.
Oh well that is life.

Savageman25
March 8, 2013, 04:34 PM
An ole Ithaca 22 m 49, lever action single shot. Learned to shoot on that thing. There wasn't a single bird that was safe on our property while I was on duty as a child. Mostly sparrows. The back sights were so jacked up it was rediculous. I never moved them in fear of breaking it. I was and am the only one that can shoot the thing and hit something. I know right were to aim and its in no way on the target. I could probably fix it but it just wouldn't be the same if someone else could shoot that gun and hit something there aiming at.

TRX
March 8, 2013, 05:08 PM
> Rogak 9mm pistol...I have one in my collection...don't work.

Considering it was manufactured in Morton Grove, Illinois, that may have been a design feature.

BASSPRO8
March 8, 2013, 06:43 PM
Remington Viper 522

capcyclone
March 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
A couple old Iver Johnson pistols I obtained over the years. They aren't worthless, but there's nothing special about them either. Still, I don't typically sell firearms.

brunowbe
March 8, 2013, 07:24 PM
My Remington 522 Viper that my dad gave me when I was 13 years old is my most worthless gun that I will not sell. It has a cheap Tasco .22 scope on it that to this day (over 20 years later) still holds zero. I know for the most part the Viper was junk, but as long I feed it Remington ammo it doesn't jam (Federal ammo on the other hand does not feed well at all in it). The 3 steel magazines I have for it are worth more than the rifle.

My daughter loves shooting it when I take her out the range with me, she'll probably get it when she's older.

GrOuNd_ZeRo
March 8, 2013, 07:29 PM
My most "Useless" firearm would be my Hi-Point JCP in .40S&W.

It was my first firearm, it's completely useless for CCW (not an issue at the time since I was in a 'may' issue state), heavier than a 3lbs hammer and about as ugly.

But since it was my first, shoots fantastic especially for the price point and it is ACCURATE and RELIABLE, i'll never give it up even though it's probably worth less than 150...

H.m.B
March 8, 2013, 07:32 PM
Llama IX-A ... Bought it from an Army soldier in Alaska back in '79. It needs some work but won't part with it.

Rawss
March 8, 2013, 07:52 PM
I got a Lorcin .25 that I bought brand new back in 1993...what a beauty. :)

HOOfan_1
March 8, 2013, 07:57 PM
I've got a old Colt Police Positive (or clone thereof) whose rifling is shot, has no firing pin and is pretty ratty...also an old NEF shotgun which is just a wall hanger...but both came from my grandfather's house...plus I am a hoarder anyway.

CZguy
March 8, 2013, 11:07 PM
I got a Lorcin .25 that I bought brand new back in 1993...what a beauty.

It takes a big man to say that. :D

I have an old H&R model 600 that I bought new in 1968. It has no real value, but so many generations of my family have enjoyed shooting it, that I would never sell it. The darn thing is like a Timex watch. Inexpensive, but just keeps running.

bobinoregon
March 8, 2013, 11:17 PM
RG .22 revolver, it was given to me is the only reason I own it. No excuse for that being over 30 years.

jcwit
March 8, 2013, 11:29 PM
A Hoban single shot .22 boys rifle that was given away for selling Cloverleaf Salve way back in the later 40's and early 50's. Not much colectors value, not real accurate, but it goes bang almost every time and brings back fond memories of Happy Days gone by. It did bring back many squirrells way back when.

Lethal Threat
March 8, 2013, 11:32 PM
Diamondback DB9. Loved the design. Hated the reliability.

gym
March 8, 2013, 11:44 PM
don't have one

Kiln
March 9, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cobray .410 derringer. I don't use it for anything but it is kind of neat.

tactikel
March 9, 2013, 01:51 AM
A Savage 87-J .22 auto. It jams all the time, but it was my first rifle.

Shifty
March 9, 2013, 06:25 AM
One of those Italian made Colt 1860 army revolvers. Bought it through Cabelas a few years back when they were really inexpensive. Nothing wrong with it all, good quality for a replica, but I just got it because I like the look. Its a paperweight on my desk. Never been fired.

mastiffhound
March 9, 2013, 09:48 AM
What is the most worthless gun I wouldn't get rid of? A Stevens bolt action in .22LR. My brother paid $60 for it years ago. It's so old it doesn't even have a serial number, I took it apart and couldn't find one. The only mark on it besides the make and model is the number 7, that's it. I bought it off of my brother when he needed money right before he went to basic for the same $60. I traded it to my other brother with some cash for a pistol he had that I liked. He later traded it back to me for a 20 gauge shotgun I had. I will never get rid of it.

Both of my brothers were killed in the last 3 years. One was shot on the street by some dirtbag over an arguement. He was unarmed and alone when the piece of human excrement came out of the shadows and shot him with a 12 gauge full of buckshot at about 10 feet, he had just made it home on leave from Iraq. The other brother was ran off of the road while on his motorcycle by some punk kid in his daddy's corvette, he thought it would be funny to make my brother wreck. That .22 Stevens is full of memories of all of us going to the range and hunting rabbits and squirrels. We all have owned it, it's a piece of all of us. For a cheap crappy gun it is worth more to me than anything else I own.

pa350z
March 9, 2013, 10:43 AM
My Taurus PT-22!!

230RN
March 9, 2013, 11:25 AM
Yet another one with an RG-22.

First handgun I ever bought as soon as I became a resident of Colorado (from New Yawk City.)

I keep it as a reminder that all I did was push money over the counter to the clerk and he pushed the gun back to me and I walked out of the store with it. I had to display my driver's license to prove to the clerk I was a resident of Colorado, but that was all.

Pre-GCA .68, see?

I tried it out recently for the first time in 47 or so years and it still shoots well, even if ejection is awkward. (Unscrew ejector pin, push out MTs, screw ejector pin back in.)

Somewhere along the line, the left grip got a piece broken off, and with my whimsical nature, I think I'll carve out new wooden grips for it --ridiculous, no?

Heh-heh.

I "stocked up" on ammo for it by buying a box of one hundred (100, count 'em) .22 shorts. Well, less six rounds for the above-mentioned testing.

It's been in my hands for all this time, undocumented, and has never been used in a crime.

I'll never sell it since it's a memorial to the dear old dead days.

Terry, 230RN

Indifferent
March 9, 2013, 03:41 PM
I have a single shot black powder sword my father in law gave me. I gently cleaned it and oiled it. I am gonna build a box with a charge bag and some shot shot and hang it in the living room with "In case of Zombies break glass" on the glass front.

DC Plumber
March 9, 2013, 03:43 PM
An old .22 single action Ruger look alike that my dad gave me when I was 12 to run my trap line. Priceless.

Yankee John
March 9, 2013, 04:59 PM
My Grandpa's old Stevens Model 86C .22 bolt action rifle, from the late 1940's.

It's the 1st gun that my Dad and most of my Aunts/Uncles ever fired. It has dispatched many hundreds of skunks, squirrels, raccoons, and other vermin on Grandpas farm over the decades. I found it sitting behind the basement door on the farm after Grandpa passed a few years ago, and Dad said I could take it home with me.

I've thought about restoring it, but not only would that cost more than the rifle is worth, But it would also strip off all of our families history. Besides, It shoots great after I cleaned out the cobwebs and oiled it up!

John

JRWhit
March 9, 2013, 06:46 PM
Both of my brothers were killed in the last 3 years.

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I'd never get rid of that one either.

Krogen
March 10, 2013, 12:56 AM
My most worthless gun is priceless to me. It's my grandfather's Iver Johnson 38 S&W breaktop. Mom told me of how Grandpa kept it under his pillow at night as they made their way from the homestead in Montana out to Oregon. I received it long after Grandpa had passed. I only wish I'd had the chance to talk with him about it. I wish the gun could talk. It makes me wonder what those times were like - as I sit in front of a computer.

CantHitSquat
March 10, 2013, 01:13 AM
old 1911. Its an oddball. Made by singer... Aint that a sewing machine? Too scared to shoot it cause its made by a sewing machine company. I'm thinking of trading the ol man up the street to his single shot stevens 12 gage. It needs reblued but at least its a reputable company.

Nah.. I'm messin with ya!:evil: I'd love to find another one though! My useless one is a marlin 22 that i cant even find the bolt for.

coloradokevin
March 10, 2013, 03:16 AM
I have a Hi-point Carbine that I bought cheap back in the '90s. It shot surprisingly well for a few years, more accurate than I expected, and no malfunctions. Then one day it mysteriously stopped working.

These things are supposed to carry a lifetime guarantee, and their website states:

Damage, age, and plain old wear and tearóthese things happen. When they do, Hi-Point customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just tható free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third. That service is fast, friendly and expertly performed. Your Hi-Point will be back in action, good as new, in no time.

So, for five years this thing has sat in the back of my gun safe. I'm not going to sell it since it doesn't work, and I'm not going to give it away since I can get it fixed for free (plus shipping). I guess that means I'll eventually send it in so they can figure out what's wrong with it. Until then, it qualifies as "the most worthless gun I won't get rid of".

The other one on the list might be the pellet gun my grandfather helped teach me to shoot with as a child. My grandmother gave it to me after he died some 15 years ago. It really doesn't have any market value, and it really isn't more than a "starter" pellet gun for a young kid (not very powerful). But, I'd never sell that thing regardless of the price.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's the most worthless gun that you won't get rid of?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!