NYT: New Breed of Hunters:

PDA

Saakee
October 2, 2012, 04:16 PM
It's a surprisingly good article considering it came from the NYTwits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/02/books/new-breed-of-hunter-shoots-eats-and-writes.html?_r=1&

If you enjoyed reading about "NYT: New Breed of Hunters:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
October 2, 2012, 04:24 PM
Well-written, pretty unbiased. I liked it.

danweasel
October 2, 2012, 04:43 PM
Weird, I just read that article and then decided, "let's see what's going on at THR."

Yep, pretty good article and I can think of a few people who fit the premise amost exactly. I say almost as they didn't right a book about it.

Texan Scott
October 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
OutFreakingStanding! Whatever wins them over, however they get here, it's good. I loved (and enjoyed imagining) a young feminist's "odd sort of coming-out" to her "blue-state parents".

threefortyduster
October 2, 2012, 08:59 PM
Nice article. That's the type of thing more people need to write about to show that hunting isn't some blood thirsty, go out and shoot everything that moves type of activity.

JustinJ
October 3, 2012, 09:29 AM
Nice article. That's the type of thing more people need to write about to show that hunting isn't some blood thirsty, go out and shoot everything that moves type of activity.

Unfortunately for some hunters it is. I was brought up and firmly believe you eat what you shoot. Others however see hunting as a "sport" and kill things just to mount them on a wall or just as recreation. I don't understand the appeal of that and find it to be immoral.

If you enjoyed reading about "NYT: New Breed of Hunters:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!