Notifications about new threads by individuals?

PDA

Nematocyst
October 2, 2012, 07:59 PM
There are some members whose threads I want to follow, so would like to be notified when they post a new thread.

Is there a way to get notification about new threads by selected individuals?

I know how to subscribe to threads. I do it often.

But in this case, I seek a way to know when people who's opinions I value post new threads.

If I add them as friends, can I get notification in some way? If so, details please?

I've searched the vBulletin manual on line, and find no way to do this. Perhaps it isn't possible, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Nem

If you enjoyed reading about "Notifications about new threads by individuals?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
October 2, 2012, 08:56 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but have you tried adding those individuals to contacts?

Derek Zeanah
October 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
It's a good idea, and I think the answer is "no," but there may be a way to make it happen.

I'll look into it later this week.

Nematocyst
October 2, 2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks, guys.

Hso, I'll try contacts.

Derek, no hurry. If you find something interesting, I'm reading.

forindooruseonly
October 3, 2012, 05:09 AM
That would be a really great feature, there are a number of people I'd follow on here if possible.

hso
October 3, 2012, 09:56 AM
While more laborious than an automated feature, mouse over to the member's name and then click it and then click on the "find more posts" menu item that pops up to see a list of their postings.

Nematocyst
October 3, 2012, 06:09 PM
^ Yup, I try to do that, too, at least some. But there's a few dozen people on here that I'd like to follow,
and that's just too much work for me. :D

Derek Zeanah
October 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
I've looked, and I'm not seeing anything that works well.

Sorry. Would be a nice feature. Especially for moderators...

Nematocyst
October 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks for looking, Derek.

I looked a bit more, too, and didn't find anything.

Maybe someone will write a plug in someday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Notifications about new threads by individuals?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!