Decent price at a big box store?

PDA

stumpers
October 2, 2012, 11:00 PM
I bought this because I absolutely NEEDED a third Glock 19...

I don't often find much in the way of good or even fair prices at places like Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Scheels, etc, with this exception that I brought home today - a slightly used Glock 19 with five magazines and the box with accessories. Standard sights.

$379 +tax + $13 for the Wisconsin handgun check.

That sure beats the other used Glocks on the same shelf in worse condition for $449 and $499 with only two mags. That also beats the totally beat up police trade ins at Gander Mountain that are priced at $549.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decent price at a big box store?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
prism
October 4, 2012, 02:07 AM
looks good.

where did you buy it?

dubya450
October 4, 2012, 02:26 AM
Not sure if there are any in WI but Fleet Farm always has great deals on pistol's. There's not a huge selection but they stock alot of the more popular guns like glocks, xd's, j frame S&W, ect. And they're almost aways ~15% cheaper than anywhere else locally.

ZGunner
October 4, 2012, 02:54 AM
There are Fleet Farms in WI, they actually opened their first supply store in Marshfiled in 1955.

But anyway, I think that's a great deal. Especially if it's in good shape and with a handfull of mags. Good find.

Sav .250
October 4, 2012, 09:31 AM
Want and need........... Looks like the "want" got the best of you . :)

Remllez
October 4, 2012, 09:48 AM
LOL on NEED....:)
That's a killer deal on your pistol and you jumped on it without hesitation! Good buy and enjoy!

Frogman
October 4, 2012, 10:00 AM
As an investment you didn't do to bad but will it move quickly when you need the money. There's a lot of Glocks out in maket place. My self at this point in time, I look for high end 32, 380 Walther and pre-war pocket pistols. Buy them cheap and sit on them until after the election. Thats my 2 cent's worth.

W.E.G.
October 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
Probably a consignment where the owner set a low price.

As opposed to the "inventory" where the department manager set the price at the usual fixed-percentage-over-wholesale.

Grassman
October 4, 2012, 06:34 PM
You just called out the Glock haters, which seem to be plentiful around here.

stumpers
October 4, 2012, 07:33 PM
This was at a Scheels. They are typically better priced on used pistols than Gander Mountain.

I'll buy Glocks all day at around $400. Even FTF Armslist and local classifieds are $450+

With 5 mags and in in very good condition, I wouldn't hesitate to resell for at least $500, but I actually think I can't have too many of the same pistol I shoot the best, am most familiar with, and have the most accessories, parts for.

silicosys4
October 4, 2012, 08:17 PM
From what I've heard about Gander Mt. You did pretty good. I heard that Cabela's was the same way, grossly overpriced and unwilling to haggle, but that wasn't my experience when I walked out of a Cabela's with a new condition baikal double for $175 OTD....and I only went in for 1k primers.

smalls
October 5, 2012, 01:50 AM
I never spot anything under retail priced used guns at my local Gander Mountain. Sometimes even higher priced!

slowr1der
October 5, 2012, 03:20 AM
As an investment you didn't do to bad but will it move quickly when you need the money. There's a lot of Glocks out in maket place. My self at this point in time, I look for high end 32, 380 Walther and pre-war pocket pistols. Buy them cheap and sit on them until after the election. Thats my 2 cent's worth.I can promise you that gun would move quickly if he wanted to get rid of it. I'd be willing to bet that if he listed it for sale for $450 it would be gone in less than a day. Certainly a lot faster than many of the "high end" guns will move. That said, in my opinion it's a nice gun and I bet you will have a lot of fun with it.

wishn4more
October 5, 2012, 03:30 AM
Swinging deal for the Glock 19. I am not a Glock lover (Hi Power guy myself) but I would spring for that.

ZGunner
October 5, 2012, 03:43 AM
I never spot anything under retail priced used guns at my local Gander Mountain. Sometimes even higher priced!

This is unfortunately true here in Valdosta, Ga as well. They seem to be very proud of the used inventory. I haven't tested the waters to guage their willingness to haggle but I'm not holding my breath for great results.

I do however like the military discount. This brought a Mosin down to $99 when I bought one at the Wausau, WI Gander this summer. Of course not everyone can take advantage of this.

gunnutery
October 5, 2012, 06:58 AM
Wow, great find for that price. Brand new mags too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decent price at a big box store?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!