Doe tarsal gland as buck lure ?

PDA

kyron4
October 3, 2012, 08:35 PM
My daughter got a doe sunday night and I cut off and saved the tarsal glands in a zip lock bag in the fridge. In a month and a half the firearm season comes in, if I hang them under my stand will they work as a "buck lure " ?- thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Doe tarsal gland as buck lure ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mobuck
October 3, 2012, 10:09 PM
I have hung tarsal glands on small trees several times. Literally every deer that passed within smelling distance stopped to sniff.

Lloyd Smale
October 5, 2012, 06:05 AM
ive used them with mixed results. I dont think your going to accomplish much by hanging glands off a doe. The idea is to hang the glands of a decent sized buck to attract other bucks in that are competion to it. By the way its illegal to do it here in michigan.

crestoncowboy
October 5, 2012, 08:23 AM
We stalk hunt, but we have used tarsal glands tied to our shoe for many years. Have had bucks drop their head and jog grunting right up to me.

kyron4
October 5, 2012, 09:21 AM
So it won't spook deer or put them on edge ?

Patocazador
October 5, 2012, 02:42 PM
I've used them in the past and couldn't tell any improvement on attracting bucks. I don't fool with them anymore.

TNboy
October 5, 2012, 07:43 PM
I've never tried them from a doe, it couldn't hurt anything though. I've had success numerous times using a buck's tarsal glands.

Bob Bonillas
October 5, 2012, 09:42 PM
Have you ever noticed deer are attracted to tobacco?

Patocazador
October 6, 2012, 04:32 AM
Have you ever noticed deer are attracted to tobacco?
I've seen a tame deer eat a cigarette after the filter was removed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Doe tarsal gland as buck lure ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!