So with the initial hype gone, how do people feel about the M&P Shield?

PDA

gfanikf
October 4, 2012, 05:02 PM
Still hard to find anywhere near me, but I'm wondering how owners feel after a few months of using and carrying the Shield

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you enjoyed reading about "So with the initial hype gone, how do people feel about the M&P Shield?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RBid
October 4, 2012, 06:02 PM
I call it, "The Unicorn". I haven't seen one in person, but people swear they exist. Me? I think it's just a goat with 1 horn.

beatledog7
October 4, 2012, 06:05 PM
600 + table show a couple weekends ago, not a single M&P Shield.

Downeast
October 4, 2012, 06:39 PM
Yep, I'm very interested, but still ain't seen one around these parts:(

Gun Geezer
October 4, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ive seen pictures. Does that count?

Noah
October 4, 2012, 08:33 PM
Where do you guys look for your guns? I know a guy with one, I've shot it, and love it. My first choice in a 9mm single stack compact. It felt almost just like the M&P full size, was very accurate, 8+1 rounds with a slim but comfy grip, fantastic trigger, and (sorry if you're jealous) my LGS has had one in stock every time I've stopped by for months for a very good price. There were three or four at the last gun show I went to in SW Ohio. All for below MSRP. To think I couldn't convince my Dad to buy one! M&P Shield 9mm- my first recommendation
to anyone for a CCW if they don't want to do a full size/compact. My first choice (when I add a few years :P ) in a BUG/Deep Conceal/Wife gun. I feel sorry for those who think it a unicorn or horned goat. My deepest sympathies.

Esoxchaser
October 4, 2012, 08:46 PM
I have a buddy who has one, and has for about as long as I have had one of the "mythical" P938's. We both agree the 938 is sleeker, easier to conceal and a much better shooter. But he has a fear of condition one carry, so the Shield is the best EDC for him.

TimboKhan
October 4, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have seen one, and I respect the opinion of the guy that owned it. The fact that he bought one spoke volumes, in fact. The one I held was awfully nice. I have no personal shooting time with it though.

But with that said, I held that little single stack XD the other day, and Timmy likey.

FMF Doc
October 4, 2012, 10:18 PM
Still loving it. It might not be that much smaller on paper than the M&P Compact, but it conceals SO MUCH BETTER! And that trigger is just sweet.

jfrey
October 4, 2012, 10:26 PM
Mine has been great so far. Granted, it ain't a range gun but it will do the job it is designed for. Light, easy to carry, fairly accurate, did a little polish to the sear to improve the trigger pull. Rides with me in my truck everyday. In 300+ rounds, not a single hang up. For the price it is a heck of a value.

flatlander937
October 4, 2012, 10:43 PM
I really wanted one, but nobody had one within 100 miles when I called around, and I'm an impatient person... so Kahr got my business with a CM9 instead :evil:

I'd still like to shoot one though.

Capt. Ct.
October 5, 2012, 12:13 AM
The gun shop owner just laughed when asked about having one.

Jed Carter
October 5, 2012, 05:08 AM
Love my Shield 9mm, good shooter, about 600 rounds since April and no issues. Wish it came with nightsights, but it doesn't, SIG P938 does, saw one at a LGS. I may trade the S&W for the SIG, as much as I like the Shield, I should like the P938 even more. SIG is $200 more than a Shield retails for, not a bad price for the SIG. If I trade off the Shield it will have to be at list price, I would think the dealer could sell it for more than MSRP, at least until the end of the year. Anyone near Lexington want to buy a 9mm Shield and black leather DeSantis belt holster RH for $500? Send me a PM. Includes box, manuals and 2 factory magazines. Would prefer FTF sale, but for the right price I could ship to your FFL.

340PD
October 5, 2012, 11:06 AM
I was lucky and bought one in April to use as a trainer for firearms safety classes. It is a very nice all around gun. It is a little large for pocket carry. Mine had an unusually heavy trigger so I bought a Apex hard sear and ten minutes later the trigger was 5-3/4#. I now have over 1000 rounds plus hundreds of dry fires it is a very smooth gun. No malfunctions at all.
If you like striker fired polymer pistols I think this is one of the best I have ever seen.

If you enjoyed reading about "So with the initial hype gone, how do people feel about the M&P Shield?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!