AR-15 Gas Blocks

PDA

dyconusa
October 6, 2012, 12:19 PM
We just want to see what everyones opinions are about Gas blocks....Before everyone starts bashing different companies. This Thread is for FUNCTIONALITY not name brand (i.e badger ordinance is better than PWS ect)

What diameters, profiles ect. work best for what length/type of barrels, rails, and for what applications.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 Gas Blocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ApacheCoTodd
October 6, 2012, 10:22 PM
I know in a broad brush point of view, I've been a lot happier when regardless of the relative diameters, they start out as steel and pinch style rather than the more common aluminum with 2-3 bottom located tensioning set screws - especially if it is going to have to cope with the potential torsion of a detachable front sight post being knocked about.

On a "dissipator" style - I'm a huge fan of a properly pinned, bobbed GI front sight post under the hand guard.

nastynatesfish
October 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
I like to use lo pro because I run rifle length hand guards on all mine. The railed top type is kinda useless unles you put a spacer on it to level your sight height. If your not gonna run open sights it's no big deal really I guess
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w369/tabascoman79/dd9159cb.jpg

dprice3844444
October 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
make sure it is a steel one,less chance of gas cutting than aluminum.what hand guard setup you using?

Renegade Ziggy
October 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
Just ran into some issues with my dpms gas block. It's lower then my upper receiver so my iron sights didn't line up, that was a tad bit aggravating. I usually don't have much of an opionion about them. Considering the manufacturer doesn't jack it up with a horrible design.

dprice3844444
October 13, 2012, 07:28 AM
ziggy,how much lower is it that its supposed to be

rbernie
October 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
I use low profile gas blocks and long forearms. I prefer the EGW gas block above all others, because of its light weight and mounting. Short of pinning, I favor its clamp style over all others.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 Gas Blocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!