Prevent ammo tampering.

PDA

icanthitabarn
October 6, 2012, 03:23 PM
We have a lot of members who have heard of sabotage of enemy ordinance in times of war. I thought the liquid tape, in a bottle might prevent that. I made a poll. :)

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l542/g5uis23ft5h/AMMO.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Prevent ammo tampering." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JLDickmon
October 6, 2012, 03:34 PM
Here's what I would do..
A completely filled box of ammo should get a load card, seal, and label.

You get to the range or your hunting area, pop the seal, compare the load card inside to the label. If they match, use it.

If they don't, you should have grabbed another box of ammo.

rcmodel
October 6, 2012, 03:35 PM
I don't see the point??

If I had someone in my own home tampering with or sabotaging my reloaded ammo?

I would use some of it on them!

rc

JohnM
October 6, 2012, 03:44 PM
You are at a state of war with someone? And you have an ordinance depot they may attack?
Might want to set up a perimeter with a company of mechanized infantry.

Float Pilot
October 6, 2012, 03:55 PM
The Black Helicopters will just use their mind control rays to force you to sabotage your own ammo and re-seal it...

Arkansas Paul
October 6, 2012, 06:39 PM
There are two keys to my cave. I have one and my father has the other. Don't think he's gonna tamper with them.

jmorris
October 6, 2012, 06:50 PM
I remember once when I was younger the damage a 5/16-24 nut did to an engine when "friends" were around over 20 years ago before the blower the blower inlet screen went on an engine. Now if anything goes wrong I know it was my fault. Some things you just have to do alone.

I say if you have to worry about that, with loaded ammo, it should be in a steel case that someone has to destroy to get into it or/and you need to weed out your "buddys".

56hawk
October 6, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm just wondering who would break into your house to swap a sabotaged round for one of your reloads. Not to mention they would need to know what brass, bullets and OAL to use so they don't stand out? Or do you have a crazy ex wife or something?

huntsman
October 6, 2012, 06:57 PM
The Black Helicopters will just use their mind control rays to force you to sabotage your own ammo and re-seal it...
I fear the Jedi mind control myself.

Rule3
October 6, 2012, 07:36 PM
I keep all my ammo in cases with a combination lock, If the dial is turned to a wrong number a internal explosive charge detonates in 30 seconds, There will be no survivors.:uhoh:

tightgroup tiger
October 6, 2012, 07:39 PM
If anything happens to my reloaded or factory ammo I know who to blame.

Even my resident ghost doesn't screw with my ammo or equipment.
No one to blame but me.

kelbro
October 6, 2012, 08:00 PM
It may not matter soon anyway.

If each one of us doesn't do everything possible to get like-minded conservatives out to vote, there will not be any civilian ammo.

gamestalker
October 6, 2012, 08:10 PM
I would be more concerned about an enemy hitting my food or water than breaking into my ammo can and switching out rounds with sabotaged one's. That actually seems very involved and combersome.
GS

B&C_C
October 6, 2012, 08:31 PM
Man, - You must shoot at a "Really Competitive Range" !

Walkalong
October 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
That is the absolute least of my worries.

jcwit
October 6, 2012, 08:47 PM
Actually this is absolutely ridiculous.

918v
October 6, 2012, 09:18 PM
How do you think KB's happen???

Incompetence? Voodoo? I don't think so. It is the enemy of the Second Amendment, a disgruntled wife perhaps, who slips in when you're not looking and doubles the powder charge. That's right.

Seal your rounds. Install a nanny cam.

FROGO207
October 6, 2012, 10:03 PM
My worry would be if they were to make a better combo than I had and I could not recreate it to my satisfaction. I would never sleep till I got it figured out.:what::banghead::D

JohnM
October 6, 2012, 10:05 PM
Actually this is absolutely ridiculous.

Aw gee, what a thing to say, he even went to the trouble to make a poll.
That was pretty ridiculous too. :rolleyes:

armarsh
October 6, 2012, 11:14 PM
Don't forget to sign your name over the seal. :)

justsoIcanupvotethis
October 6, 2012, 11:34 PM
I forget now do we wrap the tin foil clockwise or counterclockwise around our heads?

Ehtereon11B
October 7, 2012, 12:14 AM
I'm sure Youtube has video tutorials on how to wrap a good tinfoil hat.

I lock up my handloaded ammo with my factory ammo. With different labels of course. Not because of "the enemy getting to them" but simply out of burglary or fire risk.

Oh and just FYI, the enemy likes shooting at the fuel first because the ammo point is better guarded and armored. Usually.

Hondo 60
October 7, 2012, 12:15 AM
if i had someone in my own home tampering with or sabotaging my reloaded ammo?

I would use some of it on them!

amen brother!

higgite
October 7, 2012, 12:28 AM
What if they just tamper with the seal but not the ammo? How would you know? :D

Bush Pilot
October 7, 2012, 12:48 AM
OMG, now I have one more thing to fret about. Every time I don't shoot as well as I should I blame my poodle for screwing around with the powder measure on my Dillon. I can't prove anything, he doesn't deny it though.

noylj
October 7, 2012, 04:38 AM
It's ordnance. An ordinance is a rule, law, or regulation.

It will help, unless they find your liquid tape and use it...

ArchAngelCD
October 7, 2012, 04:50 AM
Is this a real thread. No really, it's a joke, right?? :p

Tim the student
October 7, 2012, 04:54 AM
If it works for you, great. I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

jluther820
October 7, 2012, 06:56 AM
If that becomes necessary, you'll probably have time to do it. If you are really concerned, two little boxes are not enough. I suggest loose storage in a Locked full 50 cal ammo can. It sounds like you need to get out and shoot more.

GLOOB
October 7, 2012, 07:31 AM
Liquid tape, huh? What if they sabotage your ammo and reapply the liquid tape? You obviously need a better method than that.

The practicality of your endeavor aside, I'd suggest a wax seal with a custom imprint made by a special ring that never leaves your finger. :)

meleors
October 7, 2012, 11:01 AM
No worries here. My stash is in safe keeping with the guy from the government who came here to help. :D

splattergun
October 7, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh for the love of Pete.
Now, in addition to motion activated cameras, solar powered electric fences, fingerprint lock pads, time-lock deadbolts on my loading room and voice activated locks on my powder cabinet, I need to put liquid tape on my bullet cases. It's the last straw. I give up.

OilyPablo
October 7, 2012, 12:33 PM
Did I miss something?

tightgroup tiger
October 7, 2012, 12:46 PM
Just wait a few years, they will probably start making us put id chips in our reloads that are keyed to our guns so they won't fire in someone else gun.

end of problem!

Art Eatman
October 7, 2012, 01:03 PM
Shiny side out! Shiny side out! Shiny side out!

Remember that. There will be a test, next period.

I used to think that there were limits to paranoia. Oops! Wrong again.

:D:D:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Prevent ammo tampering." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!