Anyone here own a CZ 75?

PDA

ponchsox
October 7, 2012, 12:51 PM
How is the accuracy and recoil? I am interested in looking at one but the seem very hard to find.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here own a CZ 75?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wbwanzer
October 7, 2012, 12:56 PM
They are fine handguns. I've had two. I don't seem to shoot well with them so I let them go. But they are good guns.

I do better with the Tanfoglio made CZ clones (EAA Witness line).

Furncliff
October 7, 2012, 01:06 PM
One reason CZ's can be hard to find is they are really nice guns for the price, and they have developed a following. They not only make fine handguns, but rifles as well. My CZ 75b is accurate and reliable. I have A Kadet conversion kit to shoot cheap >22 ammo with it, very handy.

Because the CZ 75b is an all steel gun, the recoil is very manageable.

Try CZ Customs.

JDGray
October 7, 2012, 01:29 PM
CZs are great guns, excellent acuracy, recoil is subjective:)

Weevil
October 7, 2012, 01:37 PM
Don't have one at the moment but have owned a couple, pre-B and a BD.

Accuracy was excellent with both and being big all-steel 9mm's the recoil was very light.

Currently have a Tanfoglio 9mm and it's my range gun, very pleasant to shoot and dead-nuts accurate.

bikerdoc
October 7, 2012, 02:04 PM
Got 3, Highly recommend.
Got to look but they have a following.
Soft shooting, dead on accurate for me. The only down side is it takes a couple hundred rounds to smooth out the trigger.

Keeterbird
October 7, 2012, 02:23 PM
Mine is a BD model. It is accurate, and almost makes me accurate. I think it is the balance and the weight. I like don't shoot as well with polymer guns. I don't know why.

bannockburn
October 7, 2012, 02:29 PM
Pretty much what Furncliff and bikerdoc said; sometimes hard to find but a nice shooting gun with decent accuracy. Trigger needs a little work but still highly serviceable right out of the box. Adding a Kadet .22LR conversion is a very economical way to go and another good reason for getting a CZ75.

viking499
October 7, 2012, 02:49 PM
I agree with bikerdoc 100%.

beatledog7
October 7, 2012, 02:58 PM
A stainless B and an SA. Marvelous guns.

Have you looked here? http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/pistols/cz-75.html

needmorecowbell
October 7, 2012, 02:59 PM
CZ's are awesome guns. I know everything is subjective, but for the low price I don't think there is a better value out there. I own 2, the full-size 75B and the compact P-01. They are my favorite guns in my collection to shoot. The P-01, which I picked up used about 4 weeks ago, is my favorite. CZ's are just as good as many other guns priced $600-$800 IMHO.

BRE346
October 7, 2012, 03:05 PM
Mine is the CZ 75 P-07, the polymer version.

It's the most accurate, easy-to-shoot gun I have. I see it as a splendid tactical weapon.

BullRunBear
October 7, 2012, 03:27 PM
I have the CZ 75B. It is very accurate and I find the recoil to be softer than other 9mm pistols I've used. (I'm mostly a revolver guy.) It handles my hard cast lead bullet reloads great. We got this for my tiny wife, who is somewhat recoil sensitive. But the grip, balance and weight make this very comfortable for her and she is deadly accurate with it. Sometimes she lets me use it. :D

She likes it so much, we got the 22LR Kadet conversion. In her hands it is about as accurate as her Ruger Mk II competition model.

I consider the CZ 75 line to be a heck of a value and wouldn't hesitate to get more of their products.

Jeff

Deus Machina
October 7, 2012, 03:35 PM
My carry gun is a PCR. Love the thing. Feels great, points naturally, most comfortable gun I've ever held in my hands, and that's with the stock grips.

Wish I was a better shot, to do it justice.

golfer_ray
October 7, 2012, 03:36 PM
I own a CZ 75B, and owned previously a CZ 75B compact, which I traded & now I wonder why. It's a heavier gun, due to it's steel construction, which I like. Recoil is very manageable due to it's weight. Both were as accurate as any pistol I've shot at 10-15 yards.

shooter_from_show-me
October 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
I own a ever so slightly used polished stainless 2008 model CZ 75 B $525 locally & a 2009 model CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom(Polymer decocker) $485 shipped through Bud's both are VERY nice guns to shoot!

After I bought my Phantom my Springfield XD 9 just sat in the safe. Ended up selling the XD 9 not to long ago.

Ohio Gun Guy
October 7, 2012, 04:21 PM
I have one, love it. It is a full frame, steel 9mm. I find mine to be very accurate and reliable. I would buy another.

My .02 is that it is an excellent full size 9mm pistol.

The Lone Haranguer
October 7, 2012, 05:35 PM
I have a lightweight, compact, decocking version, the PCR. Very pleased with it, no issues.

tekarra
October 7, 2012, 06:20 PM
Agree with JDGray and bikerdoc and cannot add anything more.

dondavis3
October 7, 2012, 07:07 PM
CZ makes a wonderful line of guns.

My 75b Compact

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/dondavis3/Guns/CZ75Compact2.jpg

My 85 Combat

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/dondavis3/Guns/CZ85Combat.jpg

You can buy CZ online very easily - just find a FFL to receive the gun.

I always say to shoot a gun before you buy it.

You can usually find one to shoot from a friend or at the range.

Good luck in your hunt.

:cool:

Kahr33556
October 7, 2012, 07:14 PM
nice gun,A friend ownes one I love it

jackinil
October 7, 2012, 08:46 PM
SP-01 Tactical and a Kadet .22lr kit. Best 9mm I've owned.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/jackinil/DSC00242.jpg

ponchsox
October 7, 2012, 08:59 PM
Wow, I think you guys convinced me to get one! I like the matte stainless look of the 75 B. Now I have to find someone who has one in stock. What is the going price for that model?

ApacheCoTodd
October 8, 2012, 12:39 AM
Dead stone love mine! I got it new outa the old Berlin Rod & Gun Club in the 80s, hauled it all over the world, fed it any and every crap-bag 9mm available and can only speak to two issues:

I think the original finish was Crayola and it went south when I used some freaky dishsoap overseas to un-crust it - never washed a dish with that stuff in Pakistan ever again after that! So, that's the finish.

I've encountered a huge range in whether and - if so - how varying magazines behave in it.

Oh yeah - recoil? I've never even noted it outside of some hi-powered Turkish ammo at one time.

BP Hunter
October 8, 2012, 01:08 AM
I have the CZ75B. It belongs to the rank of one of the best and respected handguns.

The recoil is very manageable being a 9mm and constructed entirely of steel. I still feel my Glock 19 has a softer recoil. I really enjoy my CZ, I just wished the trigger sits a little shorter.

Blackstone
October 8, 2012, 07:17 AM
Great guns, excellent reliability and they just fit my hand perfectly.

TJx
October 8, 2012, 08:13 AM
I like the matte stainless look of the 75 B. Now I have to find someone who has one in stock. What is the going price for that model?

I paid $597.99 about a month ago, one of the best looking handguns made IMHO.

dondavis3
October 8, 2012, 09:47 AM
Have you looked at the

CZ 75 P-07 Duty

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/dondavis3/Guns/CZ75-P07Duty.jpg

It's a polymer gun and very light and less than $500

Shoots like a dream

:cool:

ponchsox
October 8, 2012, 10:05 AM
My mind is pretty much made up that I want a SS version. I have a fetish for stainless guns!

SpryNotI
October 8, 2012, 10:25 AM
I own 8 different CZ platforms, in 5 different calibers, 5 of which are CZ 75s.

Obviously I love CZs.

Excellent pistol for the money, very accurate. They are not readily available in the smaller local gun shops, but a search of the major auction sites will turn up lots of choices.

dgod
October 8, 2012, 10:42 AM
I have had one for over 30 years, it is Great, Factory or even Reloads, I have never had even the slightest problem.

Short of my Pre WW2 Martin Guitar, they are my prized possessions, well my Nickle Colt Mod 4 LE, with EOTech, Crimson Trace, 150 Lumen Light, is pretty high on the list.

Anyway, the CZ is a Good Investment.

Dan

The Lone Haranguer
October 8, 2012, 11:32 AM
Crummy photos of my PCR:

http://www.fototime.com/830E1279A8EABC3/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/D9835BEA8ACC314/standard.jpg

The standard grips are black checkered rubber. The wood grips are a CZ accessory.

Godsgunman
October 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
I don't have a 75 but a Rami 2075 which is smaller and lighter weight especially since its the polymer one. I love it, shoots great and recoil is easy to handle even though its a small gun, so I'd imagine a full size 75 would be like butter.

ApacheCoTodd
October 8, 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't have a 75 but a Rami 2075 which is smaller and lighter weight especially since its the polymer one. I love it, shoots great and recoil is easy to handle even though its a small gun, so I'd imagine a full size 75 would be like butter.
I'm definitely in the CZ 75's corner and half, casually note whenever someone comments on having a CZ patterned firearm so this post got me to wondering... Has anyone ever done one of those "family tree" type tables showing the spread of influence of the CZ75 throughout other manufacturer's offerings?

JTQ
October 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone here own a CZ75?

I think there may be a couple of guys (and gals) on the forum that do.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=298532

papaairbear
October 8, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm a new fan! I only have 200 rounds through my 75 B now but there will be many more to come soon! It feels like the ergonomics on this pistol were designed only for me as it just feels at home in my hand. The all steel construction gives it enough weight to allow a steadier sight alignment for me and dampens the felt recoil to what I consider to be negligible. I get the sights lined up faster and without as much movement as with lighter guns. But at only 2.2 lbs it's by no means too heavy. You'll need to hold one -shoot a few rounds- if you can. I found one at Damascus Gun Shop http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop/index.php?seo_path=pistols&PHPSESSID=5e8a0398842dfe3f325fb7433c7e7315 but I see they don't have any more in stock. You could email Michael.Armbrister@damascusgunshop.com and I'm sure he'll contact you when he gets some in again. I spent quite awhile looking for mine, but it's proven to be worth the wait. You can check wit J & G Sales, or other on-line suppliers and my find one. The first 200 rounds were all on the paper using a std NRA small pistol target with over half in the black at 25 yards. I really believe I could shoot the center out of it at 10 to even 15 yards. Great handgun.

silicosys4
October 8, 2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.robertsontradingpost.com/cz.htm

These guys have cz75's at a great price, I picked mine up from them a couple of months ago and was very pleased.
I love mine, it has the best D/A trigger I've felt in an automatic. Very accurate as well, and reliable.

silicosys4
October 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
Oh and I found this one which is really nifty

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11399203/pistols-for-sale/cz-model-75-9mm-cold-war-model-2-mags-and-box

777TRUTH
October 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
Accuracy is excellent in the CZ 75B. As far as the recoil my 11 year old daughter shoots it well along with other guns of similar weight and size (Browning HP, Beretta 92).

bozzman3
October 9, 2012, 09:58 PM
ITS PIC TIME HERES MINE!!!!!

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/BOZZMAN3/2011-02-23_13-47-55_625.jpg

WaywardSon
October 10, 2012, 02:53 AM
I've had my CZ 75B Compact for about a year now and just love it. As others have said, it just feels right in the hand, is accurate, reliable etc. I've had no failures of any kind with mine.

History.Doc
October 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
I have a 75 B, a 75 compact, an 83, and a 2075 Rami. I shoot them all pretty regularly and I really enjoy them. Mine have all been reliable from the first shot and the triggers really break in well. There are lots of great guns out there but CZ has earned my loyalty. Happy to answer any specific questions about any of these.

jim243
October 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
People actually own CZ's, yep, here's mine.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/bigjim_02/SAM_0501.jpg

Jim

History.Doc
October 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
The OP asked about recoil. Shooting a CZ feels different than other guns because of the steel and the lower bore axis. I really noticed it one day at the range when I shot my compact off of the bench. When I shot the compact off the bench the muzzle really flipped up. Now, I had just been shooting this same gun from a standing position before this and noticed very little muzzle flip. The only explanation I that made any sense was that the lower bore axis changes how the shooter feels the recoil. This is just a long way of saying that you should really shoot a couple of CZs if you get a chance. They really do have a different feeling recoil. Very comfortable to shoot.

okc-zee
October 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
I also own a P-01...One of the best 9mm's I own...And I own a few...

mhenry
October 11, 2012, 04:43 PM
SP-01 Tactical and a Kadet .22lr kit. Best 9mm I've owned.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/jackinil/DSC00242.jpg

+1 I have the same pistol and I love it.

daybreak
October 11, 2012, 05:07 PM
I sold all my other pistols this year and bought my first Cz, an SP01 in June. I own 5 of them now.

My CZ 75 Single Action Shadow I the sweetest shooting pistol I've ever shot. Nicer than my 1911.

Soft shooting, higher than average accuracy, and extremely ergonomic. I cannot find another pistol I like now. I highly recommend a Single Action version over a DA/SA. I personally see no reason to shoot DA and the SA triggers are much nicer. I have a CZ Custom worked SA shadow and a Cajun Gunworks single action tuned SP01 and they are both sweet.

AABEN
October 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
I had the older model and wish I had it back

Ash
October 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
I own a few.

Queen_of_Thunder
October 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
I own a CZ 75 TS in 9mm. A very nice gun. Check out CZCustom online for your CZ needs.

4thestars
October 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
I adore my CZ75B. It took a few hundred rounds for the trigger to feel good, though. Now it shoots like a dream. Nice and heavy, so very little recoil.

I also got the Kadet adapter. It's been great for teaching new shooters because then it is the same grip and trigger when I step them up to 9mm.

I put those nice Hogue grips on it, too. Love, Love LOVE that pistol!

daybreak
October 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
I bought a couple this year ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/21/4u3ebany.jpg

Walt Sherrill
October 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Daybreak:

What is the right-most pistol? Is it a .40? It has the railed slide (like a 40), the curved DA/SA trigger, but seems to have the SA safeties... and the newer (SA-style) beavertail. I've not seen that combination of features. (I figured you -- or the custom shop -- swapped out the hammer.)

daybreak
October 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
Right most is a 75 shadow DA/SA with comp hammer.

Came that way from the shop (not a CZ custom gun, but assembled at CZcustom I believe.)

VAPOPO
October 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
Ive had a couple, the first was purchased in the Munich Rod and Gun club in 1988 pre B model that I loved everything about but the finish, Easily removed with oven cleaner prior to having it matte blued and worked over by a German smith. Tragically I had to part with it shortly after getting out of the service in 89 due to a over mothering X wife who brought our daughter to the emergency room for every sniffle when we had no insurance. They werent importable at the time other than by returning service members and I got $1100 out of it, not to bad for a gun I had $500 in including the smithing.
The second was a B model that I was sadly dissapointed in, The trigger was no where near as good as the pre B and it had the ugly squared off trigger gaurd, but it was accurate and reliable. My X decided she needed it more than I did in the divorce but returned it to me a year later sans one of the magazines. After the taint she left on it I had to get rid of it. Last weekend I shot a SP01 and it was love at first shot. I am jonesing for the shadow version converted to single action only quite badly at the moment and will have one before years end.

ZeSpectre
October 20, 2012, 11:08 PM
I own a few, and am the "founder" of the "Official CZ Club (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=298532)" thread here. I would always strongly recommend that anyone interested check out a CZ or two and see what they are about.

Though to be fair, even CZ makes the occasional "problem child" as I detailed a while back on a different forum. (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420064)

Cactus Jack Arizona
October 21, 2012, 01:46 AM
Very true Ze. My 9mm Rami gave me fits. I believe it was a first run with teething problems, mostly while using the 14rnd mags. The 10rnd mags never gave me any trouble. I traded it and am now ready to try it again.

Other than that, my CZ's have been awesome. The only other guns I've ever tried that can stand equal to any of my CZ's is my Hi Power. Nothing else comes close. Recoil? What recoil? :neener: Seriously, the recoil is very tame. If I had the money to afford the ammo for it, I could shoot my CZ's all day long.

They're Grrrrrrrrrrreat! :p

Cactus Jack Arizona
October 21, 2012, 01:50 AM
Day, nice collection. I envy you of the CZ 75 SA. It's even harder to find in my area than a 2075 Rami, and they're just about impossible to find. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one, outside of on CZ's website. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone here own a CZ 75?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!