Taylor's & Company 62 Police!!!

PDA

Crawdad1
October 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
Taylor's always does a great job inspecting their revolvers and this one is no exception, it's a beauty!!! A '62 Police with a 6 1/2 inch barrel built by Uberti it is above and beyond what I was expecting. Now to TOTW for a few items such as replacement nipples and anyone know where to find a holster for this? I looked around but all I could find were the bigger holsters that fit the larger framed revolvers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taylor's & Company 62 Police!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
October 7, 2012, 04:52 PM
Damnit....:p:p:p

http://photos.imageevent.com/newfrontier45/miscellaneous/This%20thread%20is%20worthless.gif

I don't know of any holsters but if you send me your sixgun I'll make one for you. ;)

Crawdad1
October 7, 2012, 05:11 PM
Craig I sure like that holster you built for your new dragoon. Thanks for the offer and how do we go about doing this?
I'm kind of computer challenged and I don't know how to post pics. But I'm learnin!!!

CraigC
October 7, 2012, 05:28 PM
They need to be hosted somewhere on the web. There are some free sites like Photobucket but I use a premium service at ImageEvent. If you have pics you want to post, send them to me in an email (PM on the way) and I'll post them.

Pancho
October 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
I had a similar problem when I bought my 62's. No one, it seemed, offered a holster cut strictly for the pocket sized 62. I did finally find a leather shop, dellsleatherworks.com, that advertised a flap style holster for the 62 I bought two and they were perfect. They also offer a shoulder rig.

mykeal
October 8, 2012, 11:12 AM
Can I help?
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/mykealsm/Guns/Colt%201862%20Police/0117.jpg
I had to have holsters custom made; expensive but all I could do.

CraigC
October 8, 2012, 12:15 PM
There's a black flap holster at Dixie Gun Works listed as for the `62 but no idea how well it would fit.

Crawdad1
October 8, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hey thanks guys, great stuff!! What loads are you feeding your Police?

I'll have to go to Thrift Drugs to get the pictures developed so I can post them up.

Crawdad1
October 8, 2012, 02:06 PM
Pancho, I just checked and their holsters and other Civil War gear are premium.
Dellsleatherworks.com I'll shop there from now on.

Pancho
October 8, 2012, 03:00 PM
Treblig, What I like best is that he is not faceless. Shopping on the internet is dicey at best. I must be able to talk to a human before I'm confident about getting what I want.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taylor's & Company 62 Police!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!