Ammo for Duck season

PDA

7thGenAustinite
October 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
Ok so im shooting my remington 870 for duck season this year and have comp-n-choke ported chokes fitted. It is recommended to use shells that don't have flight controlled wads since the ports slow down the wad. Does anyone know what shells that mean i shouldn't use? blindside? Hevishot? etc…

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo for Duck season" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hunterdad
October 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
I've killed hundreds of ducks and have used every fancy load on the market. For the past few years I've been using the cheap Winchester Expert 3" #3's. They kill ducks just like all the other ones. If youre really set on spending $2-$3 everytime you pull the trigger, I'd go with hevishot.

MCgunner
October 13, 2012, 10:28 AM
The absolute BEST duck loads in steel IMHO (hevishot is very expensive) are 2 or 3s in Kent Fasteel or Winchester Xpert Hispeed. 1550 fps, speed kills. :D I shoot 'em in 2 3/4". They're quite affordable compared to stuff like "Black Cloud" or some of the other fancy stuff and kill out to 50 yards patterned in MY gun through a modified choke. Shoot I/C or mod choke. Over deeks early season with a good call/caller, you might find the I/C works best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo for Duck season" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!