Mab15

PDA

luger
October 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
Does anyone still produce the mab 15?or does anyone sell them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mab15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
October 14, 2012, 11:59 AM
Last I checked it was only produced in France, and I'm not even sure if it is even being produced there anymore as that was several years ago.

I am not aware of any US importers either.

nwilliams
October 14, 2012, 05:19 PM
The MAB PA-15 hasn't been manufactured for many years. The gun isn't all that common and spare parts are scarce as are original mags.

I had one for a while but sold it because I didn't want to break and then not be able to fix it because of a lack of available parts. It was a decent shooter but heavy as a brick so it's only real function was as a range toy and for the money there are better options to fill that role IMO.

bannockburn
October 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
It's been many years since I last saw MAB PA-15's being imported (I think the distributor back then was Howco). I had one about 30 years ago and was impressed by its built-like-a-tank construction, ability to reliably cycle with any type of ammo (rotating barrel design), and by its inherent accuracy.

It was also one of the heaviest pistols I have ever owned (I believe even the thick base plate on the mag was a piece of machined steel), and best sutied for range work as I really didn't want to lug all that weight around. I eventually sold it because I couldn't find any spare parts or magazines for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mab15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!