Optical Sight for Ruger MkIII

PDA

mdauben
October 15, 2012, 12:12 PM
I've been lusting after a MkIII Competition for a long time now but I finally 'pulled the trigger' on one today. My intention is to use this gun for informal bullseye shooting and the first thing I want to do is put a suitable optical sight on it. So I was hoping for any recommendations for something well suited for that use? My first thought is some sort I'd red-dot but I'm open to other recommendations.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Optical Sight for Ruger MkIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fred in Wisc
October 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
I had an inexpensive red dot (Tru-Glo) on mine, worked pretty good. But the current 2x Weaver pistol scope gets me much smaller groups.

tschmittel
October 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
ultradot

mdauben
October 16, 2012, 01:45 AM
ultradot

I've had a couple other people recommend Ultradot sights. I'll definitely have to look into them.

Iron Sight
October 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
Link below is a great place to talk a bout Mark 111 and rimfire in general.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210

mdauben
October 16, 2012, 11:12 AM
Link below is a great place to talk a bout Mark 111 and rimfire in general.

Thanks! I'm actually already a member over there and asked the same question in the MkIII forum, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask here, too!

BTW, the Ultradot is the hands down #1 recomendation over there. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Optical Sight for Ruger MkIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!