Grand Power K100 MK7

PDA

ifit
October 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
through some research basically identical to the once imported STI GP6 at one time. now being imported by Century Arms. wondering if anybody have any experience with this particular firearm? ordered one and will be in soon. made in slovkia, just came from Grand Power website and wow they got some nice pistols:cool:
ordered from jg sales
http://www.jgsales.com/century-arms-grand-power-k100-mk7-semi-auto-pistol,-9mm,-new.-p-58147.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Power K100 MK7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bohemus
October 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
I own K100 mk.6
Great gun, reliable, feeds anything - you can actualy slowly cycle the slide by hand and it still feeds the round! It should be lubed a bit though. Mags work in CZ75 SP-01.
Its completely ambidextrous - slide release, mag release and safety. Field strip is simple and gun has no sharp edges - insluding sights - perfect for carry or manipulation. Spring is rather weak, so its super easy to rack the slide, but it doesnt cause any problems.
Great gun overall. And has good reputation.
Ive shot mk.7 and long Excalibur version - also great, for some reason the newer guns have 15rd. capacity mags - mine has 17rd. Dont know why as mags are reliable. While ergonomy resemles the one of CZ75, its actually bit bigger in hand.

my guns:
http://www.strelectvi.cz/forum/download/file.php?id=5186&mode=view

If you have more questions, i can dig up more info from Czech&Slovak forums.

And also forgive me my Czechglish.

tag129
October 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
How would you compare Glock 17 or SW MP9 vs Grand Power? Personally I don't like glock and mp9 at all.

Bohemus
October 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
I like Glock 17 as long as I dont have to shoot it ;), I shot MP9 (rare gun here) only once few ears ago and whille it was quite fine guns, I like GP K100 better. I have to admit Cz75 (Phantom) and Duty fits my hand even better.
And i should mention that K100 trigger reset is the shortest Ive ever experienced on pistol.

tekarra
October 15, 2012, 09:42 PM
I have read good reports on the Grand Power on a Canadian forum. The original GPs have been available there for some time. I was happy to learn they are now available in three sizes.

tag129
October 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
I have a cz sp01 shadow and I'm used to the heavier weight. It might be hard to get use to it

tag129
October 15, 2012, 11:03 PM
How's the recoil?

Jaymo
October 15, 2012, 11:05 PM
It looks like it's the same size as the .45 EAA Witness. Probably a bit slimmer, due to the plastic frame and lack of grip panels.

ifit
October 16, 2012, 06:06 AM
thanks bohemus for that great info, good to know that the grip size is slightly bigger than a cz75, i have shot my friends cz TS (grip is bigger) which really felt better in my hands than my cz shadow. good to know that the cz75 mags will fit cause i have 3ea. 18 rounders that came with my cz shadow.
just watched a video of the k100 dumping 1,250 rounds continously with no problems on june 2012. once received will get some close up pics, and range results:)

Bohemus
October 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
ifit: CZ mags doesnt work in K100, but K100 mags (sometimes) fit SP-01.
K100 mags have conventional slot on side just as cz75 has, but they need anoher slot on front side of the mag - its ambidextrous release.
It may be possible to convert CZ mags to fit K100, but I think it doesnt worth the effort.

ifit
October 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
oops, i misread your post. i understand now, thanks

mavracer
October 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
I have a STI GP6c wonderful gun very accurate and the best SA trigger of any conventional DA/SA. I hate the ergos on a Glock. M&Ps have better ergos but I actually like the trigger on the SR9 better.

ifit
October 25, 2012, 06:23 AM
finally picked up the gp k100 today w/some range results, fits like a glove, though have not tried any of the 3 other back straps offered. trigger is nice estimating around 4lbs. some pics of the gun and range results
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/002.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/011.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/012.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/013.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/020.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/023.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/028.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/030.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/031.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/062.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/066.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/070.jpg

shots were all standing, shooting off hand

Shoot66
October 26, 2012, 06:26 AM
I have got the K100 in 2007; if I remember correctly and shortly afterwards have turned it into my EDC, replacing a CZ 2075 RAMI. That was still the MK6 „frame“. There was a detail that needed a simple tweaking – the slide catch pin was moving out from time to time. The sights are set for a POI 4´´ about the POA at 25 meters (therefore the slightly high POI above) what can be changed, if one wishes so, as Grand Power offers the FS in 3 difrent heights. I, personally, opted for the Dynamic type rear sight and a fiber optic front sight.
Last July I got an offer to have the polymer frame changed for MK7 for free, so now I have a hybrid.
BTW, the Grand Power has the .45 ACP model ready. I had a chance to test it and can say that due to the rotational locking system the recoil was very soft. The last time I spoke with the head of the company they were waiting only for the magazines. I was also told that the .40 S&W model will follow soon as the modification of the steel container and poly frame once they have the .45 is not too complicated.

PabloJ
October 26, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks for sharing. I knew they made good bread and cheese but who knew interesting handguns were also made there? Having had PA-15 I'm sold on rotating barrel principle and am going have to look at that .45ACP they came up with.

Texmex247
December 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
I own both a GP6 as well as a few K100s. Aside from the marking on the slide, and magazine capacity,they are the exact same gun. These pistols are easily the best kept secret in the handgun world. If you own more than one nine, do yourself a favor, sell one and buy one of these. They are some of the best performing pistols you will find at any price range. I have also shot, owned and/or handled hi powers and clones, glocks, CZ 75s, Eaa witness's, smith 9mms, beretta 92s and ninety-twos, P99s, and then some. Only the CZ(w/trigger work) can perform as well. In the hands of even a novice shooter, the SA trigger is light and easy to control, lending itself to awesome accuracy. Now that century has distribution rights, the price has dropped significantly but I bet it will shoot right back up as soon as people realize the quality of this firearm. The only shortcoming of this gun may be that it has an akward takedown release but otherwise this pistol is a thing of beauty. Buy one and you won't be disappointed!

FIVETWOSEVEN
December 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
Dont know why as mags are reliable.

It was probably determined that 17 round magazines require over compressing the spring.

PabloJ
December 15, 2012, 09:16 PM
The make nice leather goods, bread and have fine women so there is no reason their guns shouldn't be very good. Remember Croatian HS2000 which would not sell for about $250. Now it's called Springfield XD and many think it's best thing since sliced bread. Slovakia isn't much different then Croatia except because of Czecho----Slovakia most here know it's in Europe.

mr.trooper
December 15, 2012, 10:10 PM
How would you compare Glock 17 or SW MP9 vs Grand Power? Personally I don't like glock and mp9 at all.

They do not compare. At all.

For all their redeeming qualities, both the Glock and the M&P are generic spongy triggered striker fired pistols. The K100 is a unique hammer fired pistol with an absurdly light, creep free and crisp single action trigger and a smooth mild double action pull.

The Reliability and service life of the K100 are beyond repute. Anyone who does any research into Grand Powers prototype testing will be stunned at the round counts racked up by these guns. Reliability and durability are without question.

For the price you pay for these guns, you are stealing them.

Stringfellow
December 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the close up pictures--they look pristine, with excellent build quality. They don't seem to be decorated with lots of internal tool marks like my CZs... ;)

ifit
December 16, 2012, 04:37 AM
texmex247 and mr. trooper hit it right on the money, dang you know this pistol pretty good:cool: been a while since i adjusted my rear sights to my shooting, and at 35' standing shooting off hand it should be gtg. dang now i want the compact
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/057.jpg

Bohemus
December 17, 2012, 04:25 PM
Great grouping, and welcome to the K100 club;)

Leadhead
December 17, 2012, 04:42 PM
They are great shooters for sure! The only negative I see in the design and it's minor is the flex in the dust cover up front. The way the takedown works the front of the trigger guard goes up through the dust cover and locks the action in place. To release the action you pull down on the trigger guard and this releases the lug. This design needs a large hole in the dust cover which weakens the forward part where the accessory rail is. Heavier accessories on the rail will stress out the frame up front in my opinion.
Not a big deal if you aren't using or planning on using the rail.
I've heard that with the upcoming .40 they've made changes to the design and it looks like it might have a more glock like take down release switch.
The takedown on the GrandPowers is a bit different and the barrel needs to be seated correctly as it goes back together......not a huge deal but different.
I was chasing golf balls around at 20 -25 yards offhand pretty regularly on my first range session!

ifit
December 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
thanks bohemus, when a pistol has a good trigger=good results:)

leadhead, on another forum i was also informed about what you just posted about a new design for the GP....hmmmm:) and hes from canada

mavracer
December 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
I made the mistake of letting dad shoot my GP6, at least I still have visitation

railroader
December 18, 2012, 12:16 AM
These look like they are great pistols which I won't be seeing here in california. :banghead: So being that these guns are imported by century is anyone going to provide parts and service or are they "orphans" where if something breaks the gun becomes a paper weight?

Texmex247
December 18, 2012, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about spare parts. These were originally imported and distributed by STI. I think grand power would help out as well. Funny, 2 weeks ago I bought 3 of them. Now JG shows only 1 left in stock. As the saying goes, "if you snooze, you lose". The GP6 also has the cooler looking skeletonized hammer but I need to research the mag capacity. I'm really thinking they are the original 17rdrs advertised as 15s. I'll check that out tonight and test that theory.

mr.trooper
December 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
This is not a Bersa or a Kel Tec.

When i called STI a few months back, their gunsmith told me they had plenty of parts in stock to service the pistols they had sold.

Combine that with a 1,000,000 rounds fired count in their production prototype.

Im not worried. I doubt i will ever shoot enough rounds to make my GP6 blink.

What im concerned with is mags. $60 for the STI 17 and 20 rounders is hella lame. I only have one of each. Im hoping Century will import some compatible mags and bring the price down.

Sam Cade
December 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
I wonder what the chances of us getting the Mk12 are?

http://www.grandpower.eu/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/P11_Mk12_50751f55cd7ae.jpg

ifit
December 19, 2012, 04:51 AM
samcade, i swear i saw that model advertised on centurys website. if anything i would love to have this version...but hell 9mm 40 or .45 that looks like this i will be happy
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/K22_X_TREME_4c2104271decb.jpg

Shoot66
December 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
The Grand Power released the .40 S&W and .45ACP models to the market recently. They are a bit heavier and longer than the Mk7 (209 mm, 880g for the .40S&W and 209 mm, 850 g for the .45ACP vs 202mm/820g for the Mk7 in 9x19 mm). The new models also use a new dismantling catch.

meanmrmustard
December 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
This or the CZ P07?

Decisions, decisions!

ifit
December 27, 2012, 06:12 AM
i had owned czp07 and cz sp07, but if i had to choose now having handled both....i would choose the GP k100

meanmrmustard
December 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
i had owned czp07 and cz sp07, but if i had to choose now having handled both....i would choose the GP k100
How is after market support? Who handles warranty issues? Are parts easily found and purchased if needed?

Bader8312
January 5, 2013, 10:09 AM
is grand power is better then cz pistol

Bader8312
January 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
Is grand power is better than cz pistols

meanmrmustard
January 5, 2013, 03:52 PM
Is grand power is better than cz pistols
Shot the K100 last Friday. It was ok.

Not, in anyway, better than a CZ. You're putting one pistol up against an entire line.

It was more comfortable than the P07, but a CZ75 it is not. Was not impressed ergonomic ally, found it unbalanced, and snappy. I'd buy one, but find $470 after taxes and/or shipping too high a price. If it goes sub-$350, we can talk.

Look at EAA Witnesses or Canik 55 for clones.

ifit
January 29, 2013, 06:14 AM
wen to the range w/couple of firearms, and decided to give the gpk100 a go at 25y for the first time, with a little more practice i think i can shrink them groups:)

10-shot
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/027_zpsd2607c24.jpg

meanmrmustard
January 29, 2013, 08:25 AM
Where's hole #10?

Edit: Is that it in the low throat region? If so, good shooting IFIT!

Okiegunner
January 29, 2013, 01:19 PM
Question???

Is this pistol a clone of anything? I really like the look of the Grand Power, though, to be honest, only from pictures. Is this pistol a CZ clone? Or is it more of an original design?

I agree with Meanmr, for a CZ clone, Tanfoglio (EAA) or a Turkish made clone seems to be the way to go. Really, for a quality handgun clone of most anything, "Turk" made is hard to beat right now. I digress..

The Grand Power appears to me to be more or less it's own thing (maybe with a little bit of CZ thrown in, which IMO is never a bad thing)

At $350.00 up to maybe $400.00 otd, I'd be a buyer for sure. Not sure at the current price, but maybe...

meanmrmustard
January 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
Question???

Is this pistol a clone of anything? I really like the look of the Grand Power, though, to be honest, only from pictures. Is this pistol a CZ clone? Or is it more of an original design?

I agree with Meanmr, for a CZ clone, Tanfoglio (EAA) or a Turkish made clone seems to be the way to go. Really, for a quality handgun clone of most anything, "Turk" made is hard to beat right now. I digress..

The Grand Power appears to me to be more or less it's own thing (maybe with a little bit of CZ thrown in, which IMO is never a bad thing)

At $350.00 up to maybe $400.00 otd, I'd be a buyer for sure. Not sure at the current price, but maybe...
I've read they're big in the European competition community, and they're built to the same quality as Caniks, Stoegers, and Tanfoglios.

For a poly framed gun, full size, I like the Witness in 9. Hard to beat, cheaper than the Grand. But...I like that these Turkish bangers are coming chrome lined.

Sam Cade
January 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
Shot the K100 last Friday. It was ok.

Gonna shoot one tomorrow morning if the DoomStorms don't take us out.

meanmrmustard
January 29, 2013, 09:40 PM
Gonna shoot one tomorrow morning if the DoomStorms don't take us out.
We are getting hammered here, too. Tornado warnings tonight, freezing rain tomorrow. Oof.

I hope you enjoy it and the price is right. Good luck sir!

ifit
January 29, 2013, 10:23 PM
samcade, let us know your honest opinion on the pistol...and see if it comes close to this review i found, this model is sti gp6 but basically the same gun. some people who have shot it says the trigger is...ok, and some says it too snappy, while i tend to disagree, i agree on hundred percent with this video because the accuracy and trigger and also recoil is the highpoints of this handgun mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdSfgbRC1pU

Bader8312
February 13, 2013, 04:00 PM
Can any one explain me that how many rounds fire a person in grand power k 100 some persons ask in USA that they fire 75000 rounds in grand power k 100.And they found no double feeding and no miss fire and no malfunction fund in .Please explain me a briefly about the grand power k 100 .I am waiting for your prompt reply.

ifit
February 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
bader8312, are you from the U.S.A? trying to understand your question, but your saying you heard or read somewhere that someone in the U.S.A has shot 75k rounds through the GP and had no problems? if so, link us where you saw this..as i am curious if this is legit or someone just makin stuff up, waiting for your prompt reply.

Bader8312
February 14, 2013, 05:00 PM
Dear i ask you and any one who use it that in their website they ask that there is no change in the barrel groves after 112470 rounds , please told me that is this is reliable as compare to glock and cz .Please send me about it .Because i want to buy it

ifit
February 14, 2013, 11:52 PM
Ooooook....disregard my question, hopefully somone
here who has shot 112470 rounds through their gpk100
Could anwer all your questions, once i reach that much
rounds .....i will ket you know how it held up

Bader8312
February 16, 2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks

atblis
February 21, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'll give my 2 cents. I have an STI GP6 (not sure which version).

The trigger is well above average for a service grade pistol. Better than any SIG, H&K, CZ, etc. that I've shot (not comparing it to Glocks and the like as they're totally different triggerwise). Short reset. I think they may have improved it even more on the later versions.

Accuracy is very good. Definitely above average. One of the more accurate 9mms I have.

I don't get the snappy thing at all. I find the recoil impulse smooth and controllable. Definitely different than Browning style pistols (in a good way).

They're definitely a quality pistol. You can see it in the materials, fit and finish. I think a few things needed tweaked, and in fact they may have already been as I have an older version. I have had a couple issues with mine. Specifically the magazines don't lock in correctly. You have to tilt them toward the front or rear to get them to lock. The magazine release is also overly hard to push (very well might be related to the magazines not locking in). There's also an issue with the trigger in that if you hand rack the slide, it doesn't always push the hammer down far enough to catch on the sear. It doesn't affect the cycling of the pistol, just that when you hand rack the slide the hammer ends up at half-cock notch.

Bader8312
February 22, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your review .Please explain more about the (There's also an issue with the trigger in that if you hand rack the slide, it doesn't always push the hammer down far enough to catch on the sear. It doesn't affect the cycling of the pistol, just that when you hand rack the slide the hammer ends up at half-cock notch.)

Bader8312
February 22, 2013, 11:12 AM
In the photo view .Yes you are master of the guns

atblis
February 23, 2013, 09:12 AM
To cock the hammer (whether it be by hand, by racking the slide, or cycling during firing) it needs to come back a certain amount to catch on the sear. If you cycle the slide by hand (forward to back to forward), the slide doesn't always push the hammer back far enough to catch on the sear. It's just barely not enough, and it only doesn't catch if you pull slightly up on the slide while pulling it back. It doesn't do it while cycling during firing.

mm6mm6
February 23, 2013, 01:15 PM
I am amazed at how well the Grand Power P1 (mid size) that I have performs. The double action trigger is just over 8 pounds, the single action is just over 4 pounds (with a super short reset for those that care about such things - like for serious competition). The recoil in 9mm is very slight. The rotating barrel helps reduce muzzle flip instead of a Browning-Tilt barrel lockup.

300 rounds of various full metal jacket and hollowpoint ammo (10 different kinds) and this gun just keeps on shooting.

Very tight slide to frame fit makes it silent when shaken. Shoots very accurately to point of aim. Tough sights made of steel and very snag free with the semi-circle design.

Just an all around great gun. My only grip is they need to eliminate the red circle that shows when the 1911 style thumb safety is on safe. Here in the US (and actually just about everywhere else), red is dead. Red means fire, not safe. They need to get rid of the red color or make it white.

That's a minor grip, I think the pistol is amazing.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/mm6mm6/100_8284_zps1de014f2.jpg

ifit
February 23, 2013, 07:15 PM
mm6, good review. good to know you appreciate the gp pistols:cool: i hope century decides to import these
Grand Power P45:cool:
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/GRANDPOWER45_zpse0c92ba4.jpg
The gun is built for the use of the latest generation handle mk12. The main feature of the new desighn handle mk12 is the dismantling runner,(similar to glock).

balin
February 23, 2013, 11:51 PM
where can you get spare magazines for the Grand Power

Bader8312
February 25, 2013, 12:26 PM
Dear member mm6mm6 kindly tell me about trigger travel distance some one ask it just 5mm in single action .Please reply me about it .I am waiting for your reply .And can we adjust the trigger pull up to 2.5 or 3 pounds .

Shoot66
March 1, 2013, 05:57 AM
5 mm for K100, 3-4 mm for X-Calibur.

atblis
March 3, 2013, 10:37 AM
Put up a youtube video showing the trigger reset. I think they may have even improved the trigger on the newer versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvHPhyJOq5Y

Also note the the safe position is not marked in red for the STI version (don't know about the current Century version). Also some pics just to show the basic construction of the pistol. Much of it is confidence inspiring tidily milled steel. The polymer grip has a quality feel to it in my opinion.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_1s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_2s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_3s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_4s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_5s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/atblis/Gp6_6s.jpg

ifit
March 5, 2013, 02:10 AM
atblis thanks for sharin, and judging by the video on the trigger just by visual looks to be the same as my century arms imported version. like mm6 mentioned the only gripe is the new marking when safety is on it indicates (red) should be changed to white, or in your case the gp6 light blue. other than that i also think its an awesome pistol for the price.
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/031-1_zpsd9754995.jpg

Shoot66
March 6, 2013, 10:41 AM
I remember the constructor/owner of Grand Power Co. saying they were using both red and blue colour markers under the safety lever. He also said it can be easily replaced if one wished so. If the red colour bothers you, why don´t you contact the company? They listen and are known for an excellent customer service.

Bader8312
March 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
Dears any one can told me how many rounds continues fire in K100 and there is no problem

ifit
March 8, 2013, 05:51 PM
Dears Bader8312, theres hords of info regarding this pistol on the net. but if you need some assistance i dont mind helping, heres a video of the gp relaiabiity test shooting 1250 rounds in 15 minutes, using british military 9mm L7A1 Hirtenburger +p+ ammo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxHIKfyFuDU

and the man himself jaroslav kuracina, shooting the awesome k105:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgKNbprfSI

Bader8312
March 9, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your reply .After how many rounds we fire we change its recoil spring and is its all parts are rust proof (mean no rust there on the surface like glock ). And what its average group on target at 25 yards and whats its velocity at 25 yards with 115 gr bullet .Please inform me about it .

atblis
March 9, 2013, 03:57 PM
mean no rust there on the surface like SIG )
Fixed that for you. Glocks don't have rust problems. They tend to explode, but not rust.

ifit
March 9, 2013, 10:06 PM
why worry about rust? if it rusts....oh well that the owner decides if they want to maintain their firearm or not..its up to you. my group size on post #38, velocity im not even gonna bother on velocity, what matters to me more is my poa/impact. YMMV

Shoot66
March 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
Recoil spring replacement: depends on the ammo used, however, suggested somewhere after 5 000.

@25 meters - from 2 inches up. I tested 8-9 different brands about 5-6 years ago (K100 Mk 6). Averaged 5-6 inches in my hands. I remember that Winchester White Box FMJ and Geco were the best in my test.

Shoot66
March 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
ifit,
the point of impact is set 10 cm i.e. 4 inches above the POA at 25 meters by the manufacturer. It can be changed to the POA by replacing the FS. GrandPower offers 3 sizes, if my memory serves me well.

Bader8312
March 15, 2013, 05:25 AM
Can we ask that grand power k 100 in the future become one of the best pistol in the world than glock ,cz ,and some other pistols .

Bader8312
March 15, 2013, 05:29 AM
Second can Grand Power defeat glock , if it possible why .And how many security companies and forces use this Pistol as their service Pistol .

Bader8312
May 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
Dear Can grand power k 100 defeat glock 17 in tourcher test

Bader8312
May 15, 2013, 01:41 PM
Are both grand power k 100 and glock 17 are equal in tests

Bader8312
May 16, 2013, 02:30 PM
hello can any one told me about it please

mavracer
May 16, 2013, 05:37 PM
The whole torture test is moot point, I've seen tests where a Glock lasts 100,000 rounds and I've seen several that wouldn't make 10,000 without choking. Also with the current price of ammo if you can afford enough ammo to wear either one out, surely you can afford a replacement.

Bader8312
May 17, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks can any one in USA who fire much more rounds in Grand Power .And told me how many parts of it break in test fire .

oldironsights
May 18, 2013, 07:27 PM
Bader8312, the Grand Power is built better than a Glock.
The steel frame chassis of the GP is more robust than any Glock & even more robust than the Steyr M9. Fit is smooth & tight.
With the unavailability of 9mm ammo, I have not been able to run more than two mags through my GP100 Mk 7.
Mags look similar to CZ75 mags, & with a drill & a small file, perhaps a CZ75 mag could be modified to fit the GP100.
Its an easy decision.
Get a Grand Power Mk7. Very smooth & accurate handgun.
I have a Glock 20, A GP 100 Mk7, Steyr M9-A1, CZ75, several Hi Powers & FN FNP.
I like high quality handguns whether polymer, aluminium, blued steel or stainless steel.
I can usually tighten the frame to slide fit of the flexible Glock or FN polymer pistols with hand tools that spread the steel inserts in the polymer frame.
Can't do that with the Steyr M9 or GP100 Mk7, & there is no need to.
Good luck to you.

Shoot66
May 19, 2013, 03:32 AM
Bader,
no, the parts do not fall apart :) Should you have any problem, you can write to the GP co. anytime, I am sure you´ll get the replacement part for free.
The Glock or the GP, that is more an issue of personal preference. I prefer the latter to the former. Actually, only my SIG210 beats the GP K100 in my preference list. However, would the occasion call for it, I would not have a slightest problem to reach for my Glock19.

Bader8312
May 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
Dear oldironsights thanks for your information .Its mean Grand Power K 100 is better than Glock all the ways

Bader8312
July 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
how we reduce the trigger pull of k 100 up to 1 kg . And X-caliber up to 1.5 ponds

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Power K100 MK7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!