AR Pistol Upper - Build or Buy - Who has experience?

PDA

Rorge Retson
October 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Making my first AR pistol after completing an 80% lower. :D

Thinking about getting a 7.5" Adams Arms 1 in 7 Melonite barrel (http://www.riflegear.com/p-1325-adams-arms-75-melonite-pistol-barrel.aspx) to build my upper, but I am also open to suggestions for pre-built uppers.

What is your experience?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Pistol Upper - Build or Buy - Who has experience?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
crazy-mp
October 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
I have a 11.5 Adams Arms upper and it is great. Some people gripe about the gas pistol Vs. the impingement system, but for suppressors the piston is the way to go in my opinion especially the AA uppers because they offer the 3 way block open, modified or off.

My 11.5 is noticeably louder than the 16" but not unbearable (suppressed) I have shot the 7.5 and 8.5 inch guns they are just freaking loud, but they do make handy little guns. Only bad thing about the really shorty guns is they can sometimes be finicky with the ammo they like, from my experience it happens more with impingement than piston systems.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Pistol Upper - Build or Buy - Who has experience?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!