which duck hunting shells have flight controlled wads?

PDA

7thGenAustinite
October 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
the chokes i use on my duck gun are supposed to pattern better with non flight controlled wads. Fed black cloud are the only ones i know of that have the flight controlled wads.

Can anyone give me a run down on the best duck loads that do not have these wads?

using a LM choke

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "which duck hunting shells have flight controlled wads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlineman
October 16, 2012, 08:22 PM
I believe blackcloud and win. blindside are the only waterfowl loads with flight control wads. Before I used blackcloud I had good luck remington nitro's.

7thGenAustinite
October 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
oh and if anyone was wondering the choke I'm using is a comp-n-choke LM. which is an extended ported choke.

jlineman
October 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Have you tried patterning any brand? I found that anything tighter that a factory mod choke would give me alot of flighers, nomatter what the shell was. that was shooting 3in #2 and bb.

MCgunner
October 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
Shoot mod...sometimes I/C early season. I mostly shoot Winchester Hi Speed Xpert 2 3/4" in 3s or 2s and they work as good as any lead I used before 1980. 1550 fps. Kent Faststeel when I can get it is just as good. I need nothing else.

As suggested, pattern your gun before hunting. Modified is as tight as you'll wanna go with steel and sometimes I/C shoots tighter groups. With MY guns, the Mod shoot tight and works right. :D

7thGenAustinite
October 16, 2012, 09:39 PM
Shoot mod...sometimes I/C early season. I mostly shoot Winchester Hi Speed Xpert 2 3/4" in 3s or 2s and they work as good as any lead I used before 1980. 1550 fps. Kent Faststeel when I can get it is just as good. I need nothing else.

As suggested, pattern your gun before hunting. Modified is as tight as you'll wanna go with steel and sometimes I/C shoots tighter groups. With MY guns, the Mod shoot tight and works right. :D
that why I'm shooting light mod. its not as tight as mod and not as open as improved cylinder.

7thGenAustinite
October 16, 2012, 09:40 PM
Have you tried patterning any brand? I found that anything tighter that a factory mod choke would give me alot of flighers, nomatter what the shell was. that was shooting 3in #2 and bb.
i have not patterned with the new choke yet. its in the mail.

If you enjoyed reading about "which duck hunting shells have flight controlled wads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!