Lost a lot of knives

PDA

ArmySon
January 31, 2003, 09:44 PM
I went home on leave back in December and shipped the following back to my APO address via insured mail:

Busse Combat Steel Heart
Spyderco Civilian
Microtech SOCOM
Strider GS
Benchmade Osborne
HP 2110 printer

It's been over a month and half and still no package. Post office told me it'll take over 2 months for a claim to be finalized. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Lost a lot of knives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tamara
January 31, 2003, 09:50 PM
:(

Especially the Busse! Double :( :( !

Soap
January 31, 2003, 10:09 PM
That is horrible. Do you think you'll be able to fully recover your monetary damages?

ArmySon
January 31, 2003, 10:22 PM
no coz i only insured it for $500

CAP
January 31, 2003, 10:31 PM
Bummer!:(

JimP
January 31, 2003, 11:37 PM
Son, Buck up, I thought I'd lost several packages when I mailed them over here from the States. They showed up about three months after I mailed them. They'll get here... You got your new JSLIT yet??

10-Ring
February 1, 2003, 01:46 AM
Let's be a little optimistic here...only 2 months? Give more time...after all, you are dealing w/ the post office :uhoh:

Dan Shapiro
February 1, 2003, 02:44 AM
It once took me 40 days to get a 2-day priority package from across the US. USPS :rolleyes:

ArmySon
February 1, 2003, 10:25 PM
Jim

I hope you're right. ...and I thought unaccompanied baggage was slow!

Has stop loss hit you guys down in CRC yet? We're about to get a stop movement in infantry land.

Son

JimP
February 1, 2003, 11:31 PM
Son, Yup. We've got some people crying like Alec baldwin on election night. Going to be an interesting spring. Can't make sense of the DA message or I'd forward it to you. If you want a copy, give me a call and I'll shoot it to you.

This is like freefall, things are starting tohappen real quick the closer to the ground we get.

Be safe!!!

Skunkabilly
February 2, 2003, 12:22 AM
Son, Godspeed and stay safe.

JShirley
February 11, 2003, 12:06 AM
Sorry, Son. Hope they catch up to ya. Stay safe- feels like things may get hairy over there, and Korea could make Iraq look like a walk in the park.

Navy joe
February 11, 2003, 11:32 AM
No worse, you're dealing with the military post office. Guys on ships are still getting Christmas presents, it will probably show up.

Kahr carrier
February 12, 2003, 08:53 AM
Man that sucks ,I hope they show up.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Lost a lot of knives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!