Yugo M48 cocking piece

PDA

sammy1974
October 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
I opened the bolt on my M48 mauser and the cocking piece broke:banghead:. The piece broke where the sear makes contact. I have looked all over for a cocking piece for my M48 and cant find one. I recently found a M98 cocking piece. It fits but not like the original. I can engage the safety with the new cocking piece. I also checked firing pin protrusion which is 0.052. The problem is the the firing pin sticks out further from the back of the cocking piece. Meaning is not as flush as it was before. The bolt cocks like it did before. Would it be safe to shoot with this new cocking piece? Any comments would be greatly apreciated. Anyone selling M48 cocking pieces please contact me. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo M48 cocking piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lovesbeer99
October 23, 2012, 07:08 AM
Any photos? They would help

dirtyjim
October 23, 2012, 08:35 AM
It's perfectly safe to shoot. How far does the firing pin stick out of the back of the cocking piece? You
may have a early firing pin for the long cocking piece.

Jim K
October 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
If that is the only problem, you can grind/polish the end of the firing pin down so it looks like it did before.

Jim

sammy1974
October 23, 2012, 09:14 PM
The firing pin sticks out but not too much. If comparing it to before. Ive also heard that M98 bolt parts are not compatible due to the intermediate action of the M48. Like i said everything else bolt wise worked.

NCsmitty
October 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
This is an interesting site to bookmark for it's info, and they do have some parts to sell. M98 firing pins can be modified to fit the hard to find firing pins for the M48 and other yugo intermediate length bolts as well as the 1903 Turk. Picture and info are at the site.
No M48 cocking pieces though.

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/mauser_reference.html

NCsmitty

dirtyjim
October 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
You probably habe s turk 1903 firing pin.
Here is a pic of the difference between them

Turk is on the top
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/dirtyjim/Cp-1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo M48 cocking piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!