M1A ammo

PDA

allbraves08
October 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, new user here. A buddy of mine introduced me to your site. I've done a lot of reading already, but in addition I was hoping to find a little direct advice on the best direction I should go ammo-wise.

I'll be taking my M1A Scout (which I just got) whitetail hunting this year, and wanted to make sure I make the most informed choice for ammo for the job. Much of what I've been reading has pointed me toward 160-175gr ballistic. I'd love any input or advice anyone has.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
critter
October 25, 2012, 06:59 AM
I have an M1A scout rifle. Last season, I took a nice 8-pointer at 50 yds with one of my reloads. It was a 150 gr Win PSP over a moderate load of IMR 4895. Nice in-out hole through both lungs and the deer ran till it ran out of air (appx 50-60 yds). I had no complaints from this rather plane-jane load.

Sav .250
October 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Keep doing what your doing...........reading and getting information.
There are times you start out using one type/gr load then switch to another . That`s called the learning curve.

Runerock
November 2, 2012, 08:54 PM
Don't go too heavy, the M1A is really designed for the 147-150 grain NATO round.

dprice3844444
November 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
try the 155 grainers for accuracy

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!