Savage 110 left hand with magazine....Stock issues

PDA

Lennyjoe
October 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
All,

Does anyone know where I can find a darn replacement for a left hand Savage 110 with a magazine? My friggin front mount for the strap is pulling out of the stock and won't tighten. I have an elk hunt coming up in 4 weeks and need to be able to lug it up/down hills and such.

Was thinking about trying to repair with wood glue or order a Ram-line with a blind magazine as well as a spring and follower from Savage.

Suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110 left hand with magazine....Stock issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jimmyraythomason
October 25, 2012, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't change the stock for such a minor problem as long as you are happy with the stock otherwise. The easiest fix for the swivel stud hole is to break a wooden match stem and push it into the hole then re-installing the stud screw. I would NOT use wood glue on it.

rbernie
October 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Why not just use a front swivel stud that uses an internal nut to hold it in place? They're not hard to install - you just have to use a spade bit to create a recess under the barrel channel.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/534909/grovtec-sling-swivel-stud-pack-7-8-machine-screw-with-spacer

rcmodel
October 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
+1

The front swivel stud should have been a blind nut design from the getgo.

Just replace it with one.

rc

Lennyjoe
October 25, 2012, 12:46 PM
Roger that. Gonna go that route. The stock isn't pretty because its my hunting rifle. Been dinged, scratched and weathered but it adds charactor to the rifle.

Thanks for the inputs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110 left hand with magazine....Stock issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!