Parts for CVA .31 revolver

PDA

Ryanxia
October 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
I'm looking for parts for a friend of mine who has a CVA .31 caliber Cap & Ball short barrel revolver. There are several internal issues with it so not sure what exact parts but was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get parts or a kit for this. (I believe I'll be needing a cylinder hand & trigger spring)

Wish I had more info on the gun itself, there was no model # or anything that I could see. If I get a chance I'll put a few pictures up this weekend.

Any info is appreciated.

Edit: I measured the barrel length it is 3-3/4"

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts for CVA .31 revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
faustopph
October 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
Is it a colt or Remington copy? The colt will be open top and the Remington will have a full frame.

Smokin'Joe
October 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
For the bolt spring (if that's what's needed):
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=623759

As for the hand:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473430
See Post #17

I made both of these repairs to my CVA .31 cal and it works great!

Ryanxia
October 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
It's open top so Colt I guess.
Thanks Smokin'Joe.

Any other resources are appreciated.

Captain*kirk
October 26, 2012, 10:32 PM
Dixie Gun Works:
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/default.php?cPath=22_434_435

Ryanxia
October 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks Captain, I guess that's his only option, I'll let him know.

Snaggletooth
November 4, 2012, 07:24 PM
Try Deer Creek Products, Waldron Indiana phone 765 525 6181. I think they bought CVA parts when CVA went to other things I know for a fact they have parts for 31, the complete set. They are not on line

unknwn
November 4, 2012, 08:15 PM
Is it marked ASM ( for: Armi San Marco) or have any other manufacturer's identiers?

Snaggletooth
November 5, 2012, 11:19 AM
I have three laying in a drawer, all brass frame and all with several internal problems. Im going to send them to a gunsmith to see if he can cure any or all problems

kBob
November 5, 2012, 11:31 AM
My no name '49 Colt has a timing issue if you do the drag test or slowly pull back the hammer.

It now takes place on only two chambers since I attempted to cold forge/swage the hand to make it longer using a flat hammer on the anvil portion of my bench vise. I plan to give it a few more wacks this week sometime. If I make it too long, I can always stone it back shorter.

Fun little gun anyhow......

-kBob

mnrivrat
November 11, 2012, 01:54 AM
Just in case someone decides not to repair I am looking for a junker for parts.

The most important part I need is the loading lever assembly but I would be interested in buying a non working complete gun for in the $80 range .

I am rebuiding an original 1850's Belgium copy of the Colt Pocket and plan to adapt parts to fix.

Replica Colt 31 cal Pocket .

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts for CVA .31 revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!