Pennsylvania THR Gathering!!! Sunday, March 28th!!

PDA

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 12:38 PM
The annual "Cheap Shoot and Show 'em" will be held on Sunday, March 28th 10am-5pm at www.waterandwings.com which is just off of the Quakertown exit on 476. Its about 40minutes North of Philadelphia and 15minutes South of Allentown.

Cost is $10 for non-members.

Why is this a Cheap shoot? Because you're all required to bring your 22LR rifle or pistol and shoot all day without burning a hole in your pocket. :)

The range:

50yd pistol range
100-500yd rifle range
Sporting Clays course
Five stand

Food and drinks are available in the lounge. Its good for breakfast and lunch but we usually ALL go out for dinner afterwards.

More info in a few hours.....................

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania THR Gathering!!! Sunday, March 28th!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RepublicanMan
March 1, 2004, 02:37 PM
Dammit, the only 22LR I own is a 50 year old revolver....I'll bring my other .22(3) instead, mmmmmmk? ;)

AnklePocket
March 1, 2004, 07:10 PM
Nice. Thanks. Looks likely that I'll be making it. Is it OK that I'm kinda right winged?

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 07:15 PM
All are welcome.

You know that....:)

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 07:18 PM
Here's a group shot of SOME of us at the first "Cheap shoot and show 'em"

9mmMike
March 1, 2004, 09:37 PM
28th is looking good for me and Mrs. 9mmMike as well. However, since you insist on these Holy-day shoots, we will be up after noon.
See ya in church!
Mike

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 09:44 PM
Jesus will also be attending, like you, he'll be up after Church.

He's the R.O. at W&W.

Please behave.:D

Dot_mdb
March 1, 2004, 09:46 PM
I'll try to make it. I hope to have a new small .22 semi auto by that time.

Bill

P95Carry
March 1, 2004, 10:13 PM
Hey ..... looks good ... very much hope to make that. I shall need some info later to be able to mapquest.. mind you, I haven't gone to that link yet.

So .. are we talkin .22 ONLY? .. or primarily .22?. Not a prob either way ... three rifle and 2 handguns in .22 will make for much enjoyment.

Can also tho bring ''other things'':evil:

That pic from last one ... hard to see folks ... gotta do better than that next time!;)

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 10:17 PM
So .. are we talkin .22 ONLY? .. or primarily .22

Its also a "show 'em" shoot so you can bring whatever you want. I'll have a table or two set up.

We'll need a photography, Chris, so now you MUST come.

My evil black rifles will also be there (to torture Pefessr).

Possible an ACOG on my DSA FAL, too.

P95Carry
March 1, 2004, 10:21 PM
Aha .. OK got the drift! Looks like it'll be camera time as well .. shooting in more ways than one.!I'll have a table or two set up Well, that'll do for me, but what is everyone else gonna use!! ?? :p :D :D

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 10:30 PM
You can show off.

These shoots turn into gun shows anyway.

I've made most of my gun purchases after trying stuff that THR/TFL members bring.

David Park
March 1, 2004, 11:11 PM
I'll be there, with some .22s and my new .223 toy. I just hope the RAS II is here by then.

Soda, are you getting an ACOG? Which one?

Brian Williams
March 1, 2004, 11:17 PM
DSA and an ACOG......hmmm I just might have to show up..... I have my Ruger Slabside and an old sears 22, Pete has a Savage MkII rifle and might bring the Single six in 22 mag... Of course I will bring a few 357's and 38's

P95Carry
March 1, 2004, 11:20 PM
Hey David!!! How's it goin? :) Hope I'll see you there.

I at last got me my lil Papoose ... in fact gave the puppy some excercise today .... fun rifle. Put a red dot on it. You must bring yours .. we'll have a ''duel''! :D

So - what's this .223 eh? Bushy?

SodaPop
March 1, 2004, 11:29 PM
I'll be there, with some .22s and my new .223 toy. I just hope the RAS II is here by then.

What did you get?

I am going to bid on a 308 ACOG tomorrow.

$500 for a used one.

If I can sell my Sightron scope I'll be getting this ACOG for about $300-$350.

Of course I will bring a few 357's and 38's

You gotta check out my Marlin, I got it used for $200 but it needs a little work. I'd like to compare it to yours and figure out if things need to be done.

David Park
March 2, 2004, 12:57 AM
So - what's this .223 eh? Bushy? Yep, one of these (http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2y16sl.asp). I was trying to keep it lightweight, but I have a RAS II free-floated handguard on order, and I'll probably get an Aimpoint Comp M2. I at last got me my lil Papoose Cool, I still haven't fixed the scope on mine, but I have some different rings to try out. I'll have to sight it in up there. I'll probably end up just pulling the scope off.

I haven't been shooting all winter! :(

clubsoda22
March 2, 2004, 01:29 AM
sounds good to me, but i have a question. Is this place gonna give me crap about my age? Seems that a lot of places insurance isn't to friendly when it comes to 19yo pistol shooters. For some reason, being blatantly legal isn't good enough.

If it's all good i'll come up with my ruger mk2 government, hk usp .40 tactical, Taurus PT92 AFS and bersa thunder. Maybe a new toy if i find something nice at the Valley forge show in 2 weeks.

chaim
March 2, 2004, 02:41 AM
I'll try to get up there to meet all you PA THRers. However, the 28th is just under a week and a half from Pesach (Passover) so I am going to be insanely busy that week or two so I can't promise anything. Mark me down as a definate "Maybe". That is assuming Marylanders are ok there and it isn't PA exclusive:neener:

Pappy John
March 2, 2004, 09:46 AM
I guess this means that I'll have to make a trip to Shyda's to pick up some more .30 car. That's the only centerfire I'll bring along that I don't roll my own ammo for.

I'll bring my hot-rodded 10/22 and a Stevens Favorite for the rimfire fun.

RepublicanMan
March 2, 2004, 10:10 AM
That is assuming Marylanders are ok there and it isn't PA exclusive

Just promise not to bring your gun laws up with ya and you're more than welcome. :D

Mr Jody Hudson
March 2, 2004, 12:56 PM
I look forward to another day with you fine folks!

I'll bring my Papoose too! And, a couple more lil' babies in .22 :D

SodaPop
March 2, 2004, 02:26 PM
Long distance drivers are welcome!

Several of the die hards are 2-3hrs away and they drive up for the shoots ALL THE TIME! Its only a 40minute drive for me. :)

Jody, bring a Makarov if you still have one?

Is this place gonna give me crap about my age?

No.

Mr Jody Hudson
March 2, 2004, 04:20 PM
I will bring the Makarov and a few other of my eccentric little things... :D

Calumus
March 2, 2004, 05:00 PM
I'll go, but here's a quick question. I'll be bringing my father's old rifle that hasn't been shot in about 20 years. Its been in a cool dry place :) but how do I go about getting it ready to shoot again? I figured I'd ask now so I have plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done. And yes, I'm a big newbie :) Thanks in advance,
Shawn

P95Carry
March 2, 2004, 05:28 PM
Shawn ...... what cal? What make? A bolt I assume?

After that long it'll need a very good checkout .. bore condition . bolt condition . trigger relaibility and safety etc.

If in doubt I would suggest you bring it and some ammo - plus cleaning gear ... and let others take a close look ... tho it is very likely it's all but good to go, but ... you gotta be sure.

Calumus
March 2, 2004, 07:42 PM
Its a .22 bolt. I'm not sure what make, I'll have to go dig it out from behind all the Christmas decorations later. I'll go to the local sports shop this week and buy whatever cleaning gear I need, as well as some ammo for myself, and some to trade for an experts opinion at the shoot. :)
Cheers,
Shawn

SodaPop
March 2, 2004, 08:27 PM
If anyone has any questions about anything feel free to email or PM me.

We are going to have a group Osama execution and a possible UN Flag destruction at the end of the day. Bring a firearm for the grand finale.

Can anyone play Taps?

P95Carry
March 2, 2004, 08:29 PM
Its a .22 bolt. Ahhh ... well that helps ... not quite to critical as if a large cal center fire.

A suitable cleaning rod, brush and jag would be worthwhile having ..... tho I could bring that as could others.

As long as bolt is free, and trigger reliable ..... and no spiders still making home in the bore .. chances are it'd be good to go right now.

Still . a general check up is advisable. Don't worry too much re ammo .. we will collectively I suspect have many bricks of that on hand.!! Don't go spending too much on the ultra expensive stuff.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 2, 2004, 09:37 PM
Me and the Mrs. Woody6 will be there. IT'S ABOUT TIME SODA!

Think of this as a primer for the shoot being held in NJ on April 25, 2004 at Buckeye Gun Club in Barnegat, NJ.

Help support www.njcsd.org. More info will be posted later in another thread.

SodaPop
March 2, 2004, 09:52 PM
Bring your SKS!!

Everyone that has an SKS should also bring theirs. They are cheap to shoot and I know that we all own different variations of them. I'll have my plain jane Rusky with me.

Dave Markowitz
March 2, 2004, 10:15 PM
I'll try to make it. I need to meet some of you guys finally.

P95Carry
March 2, 2004, 10:40 PM
Bring your SKS!! Yes sirree!! Mind you .. I'll probably leave the old beater Yugo ... but bring the Norinco ... and exactly several boxes of ammo ..... :evil: :p :D

Marcus
March 2, 2004, 10:41 PM
YES! I WILL be there! Good thing there`s a gun show coming up to stock up on ammo. :) I don`t have an SKS to bring (anymore,doh!) but I will bring my Saiga carbine (the modern SKS ;) ). Marcus

SodaPop
March 2, 2004, 10:54 PM
Valley Forge Gun Show is March 13th and 14th, part of the reason I didn't hold the shoot that weekend.

P95Carry
March 2, 2004, 10:55 PM
Talking Gun Shows .... I reckon you guys out East will be Ok - with valley Forge coming up soon .. 2 weeks is it. Can't make it that far again but .. for anyone a bit more West ... there's one at McConnellsburg March 20 and 21 . I'll drop down to that one I expect cos only about an hour.

TheLastBoyScout
March 2, 2004, 11:08 PM
I can't go. I'm racing that day.

SodaPop
March 3, 2004, 01:19 AM
Pinewood Derby?

SodaPop
March 3, 2004, 06:30 PM
btt

9mmMike
March 4, 2004, 12:26 PM
Thread moved? It's as good as dead in here. :(

Il Duce
March 4, 2004, 01:36 PM
I might be there...sounds neat. About time I meet some of you guys. I'll see if I can drag Knives, another THR junkie, out there.

P95Carry
March 4, 2004, 01:37 PM
It's as good as dead in here Hardly!!! All those currently subscribed will find this and .. once those keeping an eye open for social/shoot events get used to having this place .. they will at least know where to look.

It was brought up by Soda on this thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=842636) .

Bear in mind that people often only ''stumble'' on these threads .. which soon get ''buried''. I for one say thx to Mal and the mods.:)

Nathaniel Firethorn
March 4, 2004, 03:50 PM
Is there any way to sign up for PM when Ray or Soda post an event? I'm trying to break a bad bboard habit. :D

- pdmoderator

SodaPop
March 4, 2004, 04:00 PM
It's as good as dead in here

We did have trouble trying to get people to view the L&L Forum at TFL but we still had some kind of rally point. At the time I got the idea to ask for a new forum, I counted how many threads down this thread was and it was the 49th thread down on the General Discussion forum.:uhoh: That was after about 2hrs after the last post.

Thanks Oleg, and every Moderator that fullfilled my wish.:)

David Park
March 4, 2004, 05:09 PM
I love the new forum. :D

I should be picking up an Aimpoint at the gun show this weekend. Now, how am I going to mount it on the Papoose? :rolleyes:

P95Carry
March 4, 2004, 09:22 PM
Haven't looked into Aimpoints David but ... there must be a ''B-Square'' mount available .. or some other device for a 3/8 dovetail. haven't looked at Natchez catalog but they usually have mounts to cope with most things ..... then Brownells too.

I have thrown a cheapie red dot on mine and it seems Ok tho not finished sighting yet quite.

9mmMike
March 4, 2004, 11:12 PM
OK. Maybe I jumped the gun with the "dead" thing. The fact that this forum is pretty high up (in the top section) will likely be a good thing.
I was having flashbacks to the old L&L.
In fact, my knee hurts from jerking it so hard.
This new forum will probably do quite well, as long as it stays up here at the top.
Man, this must be what a Democrat feels like. ;)
Mike

SodaPop
March 4, 2004, 11:16 PM
The fact that this forum is pretty high up (in the top section) will likely be a good thing.

I was extremely happy to find it up here.

Good move guys!

David Park
March 5, 2004, 01:44 AM
I'm kidding, Chris. :p The Aimpoint Comp M2 costs more than the Papoose; I'll be mounting it on my AR instead (and I already have the ARMS mount). I do want to check out your red dot, though.

Hmm, now you've got me thinking... I could get one of these Weaver rails for 3/8" dovetails (http://www.bp-usa.com/accessories.htm) and swap scopes among all my rifles!
:scrutiny:

RepublicanMan
March 5, 2004, 11:19 AM
Man, this must be what a Democrat feels like.
Mike

Not a chance, none of them have the intestinal fortitude to admit when they make a mistake or over-react to something. ;)

David Park
March 6, 2004, 10:55 PM
My .22 is ready. :D

Edit: hmm, image problems...

http://www.sazan.net/dpark/images/gear/ar15_01.jpg

P95Carry
March 6, 2004, 11:00 PM
So - all we have to do then David is test it for you, yeah??:evil: :D

http://www.sazan.net/dpark/images/gear/ar15_01.jpg

David Park
March 6, 2004, 11:05 PM
Sure, you can help me sight it in. :)

I'm not sure why the IMG tag is not working, but you can click the link...

SodaPop
March 6, 2004, 11:07 PM
The best things about these gatherings is you get to shoot other peoples goodies.

If anyone has any requests for rifles or pistols PLEASE POST THEM!! Lots of us have firearms that we will bring if anyone has a request. I've already requested people to bring :

Black powder pistols and rifles

M1 Carbine

Makarov

Anyone have a wish list for firearms they would like to tryout that they don't own?

P95Carry
March 6, 2004, 11:16 PM
I did look at the image David .. and yeah - odd the img tags not working .. first time in ages any prob with that. No matter.

Soda .. I will have a Mak on board ... and daresay one or others might too.

I shall hope to have got Hakim rear sight improved and reckon most might like a fling on that puppy. L1A1 too someone wanted to try. So they'll be along but .. as my original list showed ... there is other stuff available.

I think my only major item on the ''wish to try'' list yet, is a 50 BMG!:p

I have some BP stuff ... but my prob with those is cleaning! Could tho bring a 50 cal in line rifle ... and also an as yet un-christened Rem repro .44. ... if no one else is willing to get theirs fouled up! I even have a 2 band Enfield Musketoon too - in .577.

David Park
March 6, 2004, 11:19 PM
Soda, I request you bring an ACOG. ;)

Here's what I'm bringing:

Marlin Papoose .22LR
Ruger SP101 .22LR
CZ-75 9mm/.22LR
AR-15
FAL
various SIGs
lots of ammo

Mr Jody Hudson
March 6, 2004, 11:29 PM
Sounds like there will be a Pack of Papooses Presiding... :D

SodaPop
March 7, 2004, 01:38 AM
Jody,

What time do you think you're going to be there?

clubsoda22
March 7, 2004, 01:40 AM
anyone there gonna have an XD subcompact i can play with? Need a little comparison after playing with a glock 26 last week.

Mr Jody Hudson
March 7, 2004, 07:58 AM
I hope to be there before start time. My goal is to arrive, have breakfast someplace nearby and arrive a bit before ten.

RepublicanMan
March 7, 2004, 08:12 AM
There's a restaurant called the Powderbourne about 1 mile from the range. As you're coming in on Gerryville pike you'll have to make a left. I can't think of the name of the road but there a small sign attached to the street sign so if you look carefully you can't miss it.
The prices aren't bad at all and the food's GREAT.

Yo Pop, I'm heading out there this morning in about an hour if you're so inclined. Of course that's only if it isn't too windy for ya. :evil:

Mr Jody Hudson
March 7, 2004, 09:05 AM
I plan to bring a LOT of ammo to sell if anyone would like some. Don't know what kind or caliber yet, but lots...

SodaPop
March 7, 2004, 09:11 AM
RepublicanMan, have they come up with any new rules for Range Officer at W&W?

Jody is going to be RO at the pistol range since I have to float around between the rifle and pistol ranges. I need someone to make sure that the communication between the rifle and pistol ranges is followed.

Yo Pop, I'm heading out there this morning in about an hour if you're so inclined. Of course that's only if it isn't too windy for ya.

I'm taking my nephew to the mountains today. :cool:

RepublicanMan
March 7, 2004, 09:14 AM
Not as of last weekend when I was there but....
Donna told me that they were waiting on the weather to warm up and for them to open more days before they started it so maybe they'll be news today since they're open more again.
I'll be there in about an hour or so, if anything's changed I'll post it here when I get back.

RepublicanMan
March 7, 2004, 03:53 PM
Soda....as of today there's one RO at W&W but he'll only be there on Sundays. They're still looking for more people to volounteer.

SodaPop
March 7, 2004, 04:20 PM
OK

I will see what the arrangments are when I am there next and see if we have to make any adjustments.

Gus Dddysgrl
March 8, 2004, 11:08 AM
ICKY ICKY ICKY!!!!!!!! I can't come. Jon and I have our next prematital counseling that day. I would so love to. I'd bring my Ruger, and if dad's lucky he can bring it and I'd borrow one of his for the day.

SodaPop that's not fair I want to shoot your evil black rifles too. :( Oh well. Next time.

Hope y'all have fun.

SodaPop
March 8, 2004, 07:10 PM
SodaPop that's not fair I want to shoot your evil black rifles too. Oh well. Next time.

Next time!:)

Question:

Who is travelling the furthest distance to come here? :D

There are motels in Quakertown and about 5minutes from W&W if any of you need to stay anywhere.

clubsoda22
March 8, 2004, 07:13 PM
probably not me. Mapquest tells me 1hr 5min. The way i drive on the northeast extension, that means 45 minutes max.

9mmMike
March 8, 2004, 07:35 PM
I just got the good news that I'm working the 28th. :( The schedule is not set and I will push for early morning although I am somewhat at the mercy of my European testers.
We're not out yet!
Mike (and Mrs. 9mmMike)

PS. I can bring an M1A if anyone wants to try it. The one that does not hurt to shoot, Soda. ;)
I will also bring an 870 just in case there is any interest in a trip through the SC range.
For .22's, I will bring my 780 Marlin and my semi-auto Winchester.

edited for spelllllin

P95Carry
March 8, 2004, 07:38 PM
I reckon it'll be about a 3 hour haul for me ...... but probably try and do it in the day. At least .. hope to make it by late morning and then hopefully have a good afternoon's blast.

If we are movin on from range for food then I'd probably be well keen to ''stoke the furnace'' before headin on home.:)

SodaPop
March 8, 2004, 08:11 PM
The one that does not hurt to shoot, Soda.

Everything hurts me anymore.:rolleyes:

I seriously wonder if that other M1A was on the verge of exploding. I've never felt that much of a difference in recoil between two rifles of the same design.

Mike, do you want me to call you out of work? I can pretend to be your mom?:p

RepublicanMan
March 8, 2004, 09:06 PM
Mike, do you want me to call you out of work? I can pretend to be your mom?

I knew there was something funny about you, what with that whole "pop" thing.....everyone knows that if it's carbonated and comes in a can it's a "coke". :evil:

P95, there's a few restaurants in Quakertown (Fridays type joints as well as diners etc), Q-town is about 15 minutes from the range. There's an excellent joint about 5 minutes from the range called The Powderbourne where I generally grab breakfast at on Range Days but I don't know if they're open in the late afternoons/evenings.

P95Carry
March 8, 2004, 09:13 PM
Rep' man thx ...... sounds as tho some choice. I'll probably wait to decide until we all meet up .. and ''go with the flow'' after! For earlier on I guess I'll just make sure I have some sustaining ''munchies'' on board.:)

David Park
March 8, 2004, 09:55 PM
IIRC it's a 3-hour drive for me (or less if I'm in a hurry :rolleyes: ).

fslflint
March 8, 2004, 11:18 PM
I'll be there!!. sounds like it will be a blast. can't bring any toys though. although I do have a realy cool pneumatic cannon that might be some fun to shoot at the range. unfortunatly its 12 feet long and wouldn't fit in clubsodas car. and my rifles are at home and can't keep them at school. I havn't done much handgun shooting so hopefully I'll learn a thing or two. does anyone have an FEG PA-63 in 9x18? I'd like to shoot one, if not I'll settle for a regular mak. sweet, I can't wait.

SodaPop
March 8, 2004, 11:42 PM
I knew there was something funny about you, what with that whole "pop" thing.....everyone knows that if it's carbonated and comes in a can it's a "coke".

Watch your back dude.:fire: :neener:

There are approx. 1,000,000 people coming to this so you'll all need be take your time getting from the parking lot to the range. Please plan ahead......................

clubsoda22
March 9, 2004, 12:02 PM
although I do have a realy cool pneumatic cannon that might be some fun to shoot at the range. unfortunatly its 12 feet long and wouldn't fit in clubsodas car.

We can mount it on the roof. I'm sure i can find a use on my car for for something that can launch a sand filled 20oz mountain dew bottle 700 yards. I think we broke the sound barrier more often than not last time we shot it...nothing strips bark off a tree like a gravel filled can of coke at mach 1. At thirty yards it penetrated 3/4" plywood, 4 fork lift palates and still blew the bark off the tree it was all propped up against.

Il Duce
March 9, 2004, 12:59 PM
I'll be there!!! Can't wait. Hope you guys don't mind a newbie...:(

Dave Markowitz
March 9, 2004, 06:50 PM
Looks like I got clearance from SWMBO. :D

Lesse, what to bring?

Ruger 10/22
S&W Model 18
Saiga AK-103
G3

Hmmmm....

clubsoda22
March 9, 2004, 06:56 PM
I've decided what to bring:

-Ruger MkII Gov.
-Taurus PT92 AFS
-HK USP .40 "Tactical"
-Bersa Thunder

Maybe's
-Winchester M1300 Defender (Need to pattern some buckshot)
-Arsenal SAM-7 or SLR-101SB (Depending on if i find one for a reasonable price this weekend)

SodiumBenzoate
March 9, 2004, 10:54 PM
Wish I could go, but it is not to be.

RepublicanMan
March 10, 2004, 05:39 PM
Only slugs are allowed on the rifle and pistol ranges......there's another field set up for clays and there's a 17 station course as well, the course has an extra fee attached to it.

If you're caught firing anything other than slugs on the rifle and pistol ranges you'll be asked to leave....just an FYI.

clubsoda22
March 10, 2004, 05:49 PM
Only slugs are allowed on the rifle and pistol ranges

Never mind then.

SodaPop
March 10, 2004, 05:54 PM
Isn't there a pattern board there?

RepublicanMan
March 10, 2004, 05:55 PM
They might have one on the skeet field but I haven't seen one on the rifle or pistol ranges.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 10, 2004, 10:30 PM
We are not the furthest away SodaPop. From my location in N.J., Mapquest states that we are:

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 19 minutes Total Est. Distance: 62.30 miles.

It takes us about an hour. I will bring my Mosin 91/30, my SKS, Some .22 rifles and my pistols. I just picked up a saiga 12 if anybody wants me to bring it along for a look see.

SodaPop
March 10, 2004, 10:37 PM
It takes us about an hour. I will bring my Mosin 91/30, my SKS, Some .22 rifles and my pistols. I just picked up a saiga 12 if anybody wants me to bring it along for a look see.

Ray??? I know you live in the People Republic of New Jersey, but what's with all the commie guns? You don't have a Makarov yet?

There is a pattern board near the beginning of the shotgun course. I know you need to bring paper. I still don't know if you can shoot buckshot on it, Clubsoda22. I'll try to look into it.

P95Carry
March 10, 2004, 10:40 PM
I just picked up a saiga 12 Sure would like to see that Ray ... do bring it along.

1 Hour 19mins? .. sheesh ... that's walkin distance!!!:D :D

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 10, 2004, 10:40 PM
Soda.........it's real easy................

commie = CHEAP!

Do you forget that I have four rug rats and a wife to provide for?

No marakov yet. I have 2 pistol permits waiting in my safe for some lucky handgun to come home to papa.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 10, 2004, 10:44 PM
I will bring it just for you my friend.

The Saiga 12 is an awsome piece of machinery.
P95Carry, Bring some shotgun ammo and you can shoot away with it my brother!

SodaPop
March 10, 2004, 11:08 PM
I have 2 pistol permits waiting in my safe for some lucky handgun to come home to papa.

Pistol permits?

You mean permission for two more pistols or a CCW permit?

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 10, 2004, 11:11 PM
Permit = handgun purchase

not CCW.

I have two permits that will allow me to purchase one pistol per permit. It's the way we do it in the people's republic of Lautenburg/Corzine

SodaPop
March 10, 2004, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't know those things.:uhoh:

I actually would like to check out that Saiga.

My 7.62x39 Saiga is the one and only gun I wish I never sold.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
March 10, 2004, 11:15 PM
Bring your Mini 14. You still have that, don't you?

SodaPop
March 10, 2004, 11:25 PM
Which one?

I just got done drilling out the peep site on the Standard Mini 14. I'll be bringing that.

I think I'm going to travel light this time.

I'm bringing:

DSA FAL
Standard Mini 14
SKS
Winchester Model 70
British Enfield
Marlin 1894 357mag

I actually want Pefessr to check out my Marlin. It was a $200 buy, but it needs a little tuning. I want him to check it out to see what needs to be tweaked.

RepublicanMan
March 10, 2004, 11:39 PM
$199 for NIB Saiga 7.62 X 39 or .223 Soda. :D

I'd like to see a .308 Saiga myself.

David Park
March 10, 2004, 11:43 PM
Soda, I don't see any .22s in that list. :confused:

Or does the Mini 14 count?

P95Carry
March 10, 2004, 11:48 PM
David .... I think with your and my Papoose ... plus one or two other ones ..... plus I'll throw in my Marlin 60, 22/45, Mauser Oberndorfe, Single six ... we'll ''drum up'' some .22's! :p

I may throw in my Mini 14 too . I have a load of Russian .223 which shoots all to hell ... just plumb needs burnin' up! :D

clubsoda22
March 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
haven't even bought the gun yet, but i got the optics! a LNIB Bushnell Holosight (Identical to EOtech 512) for $180. What a steal.

Now i have to get the SAM-7 to mount on my sight. :D

SodaPop
March 11, 2004, 12:41 AM
I think I'm just going to bring my Ruger Single Six.

I never get much shooting time at these gatherings since I'm always walking around. I pretty much just bring stuff that people ask me to bring.

Who is going to clean all the guns at the end of the day?

clubsoda22
March 11, 2004, 01:06 AM
My dad has a single six. It's the old 3-lug style, so we don't shoot it much.

fslflint
March 11, 2004, 02:59 PM
does anybody have an armalite AR-180b? would love to shoot one.

RepublicanMan
March 11, 2004, 03:02 PM
I've got an old Colt Buntline Scout I can bring......

Mr Jody Hudson
March 11, 2004, 05:39 PM
Mapquest claims that my trip from Delaware is:
Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 13 minutes Total Est. Distance: 171.38 miles

I will have a LOT of ammo for sale if anyone wants some, a lot of Russian and some other stuff. I'll figure it out just before I leave here.

I will also have a dozen or so guns for sale; not sure which ones yet...

No bargains really, just some various guns you can shoot, try and buy if you want. Just give me the money and Soda or someone will make sure there is a gun dealer nearby that will be willing to transfer them to you hopefully....

Do you have a dealer that will transfer them Soda? Or is there a dealer at the range that will do that? We'll figure it out. It has to be done legally. The only advantage is shoot and decide -- instead of buy and pray... :)

Ammo is easy of course; just pay and go on that! Some rare stuff most likely like some Russian Olympic Target .22 and some Norinco original green box Makarov ammo. Some case lots of some things.

RepublicanMan
March 11, 2004, 07:45 PM
Jody, the only shop I know that might be open in the area is about 25 minutes from the range and I'm not sure what his price is for transfers. You can look him up in the Super Pages, Seneca Arms is the name of the shop and I believe the name of the town is either Green Lane or Sumneytown PA.

SodaPop
March 11, 2004, 08:12 PM
Do you have a dealer that will transfer them Soda?

Marcus, what's that place called where you got the Saiga? I think its called Defcon............ or something like that. I don't know if they are open on Sundays.

9mmMike
March 11, 2004, 11:00 PM
John from Seneca, like all God-fearing men, does not do business on Sundays! ;)
That is a great gun shop though and worth a visit. It's the way gun shops used to be, musty, dusty and filled with lots of old junk (and treasure).
Mrs. 9mmMike and I went there instead of the VF show one Saturday. We looked at every gun in the store. It was like a mini-show. Of course we've spent a little money (M1A's, 870's, 1100's) there and he knows us pretty well.
I used to work with a guy who bought dozens upon dozens (not kidding) of Mausers from/through Seneca.
John is an A1, class-act.
Mike

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 07:24 AM
Where is that?

9mmMike
March 12, 2004, 11:31 AM
Greenlane, PA.

armabill
March 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
This sounds interesting. Can anyone join in or is this just for the group?

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 02:50 PM
ANYONE!!!

I live in Drexel Hill and its about a 40minute drive.

P95Carry
March 12, 2004, 02:56 PM
Haha ... the way the interest seems to be growing .. I'll need a panoramic camera to get the group pic'. :p

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 03:01 PM
Yep, his name is John....I've only been in there a couple of times but he does have some NICE stuff in there. He really struck me as a stand up guy too....I'd gladly send him business that can't be filled at the shop I work at part time.

Flint......I found an AR-180b for sale today at a local shop, unfired trade in, price is $550.

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 08:01 PM
Another thing.........

Any of you that are travelling from out of State are invited to bring your State flag. I will be flying the Pennsylvania State flag and the Culpeper Minuteman flag. I will also be flying a 48 State American flag that has been in the family for years (minus California and New Jersey).

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 08:07 PM
If the weather is nice, based on the last couple of weekends....I'd highly suggest getting there fairly early as it's been crowded enough that people were having to wait for a bench to open up on the Rifle and the Pistol ranges. I'll be there around 8ish to make sure target stands are up and to help people get set up.

David Park
March 12, 2004, 08:25 PM
Any suggestions for a cheap DIY flagpole, or can I just bring my VA flag as-is?

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 09:12 PM
I'd highly suggest getting there fairly early as it's been crowded enough that people were having to wait for a bench to open up on the Rifle and the Pistol ranges. I'll be there around 8ish to make sure target stands are up and to help people get set up.

If you can't come up early you can still come up in the afternoon. I have several tables reserved and if things keep going the way they are......... I may have to reserve half the range. EVERYONE will be able to shoot. We may have 30-40 people there the way things are going.

I have a pretty good relationship with the owners and we will be able to pull the tables and create a new firing line if we have to. They let me do that before. Everyone please keep all of your firearms organized and mark all of your bags and cases. Several of us will have similiar firearms and we don't want to mix things up.

P95Carry
March 12, 2004, 09:25 PM
It'll almost certainly well on in the morning before I get there but .. a question . I usually ask this with ranges i don't know.

How far away is parking?. I have an other than well behaved back and carrying is never easy.. so I like to get as close as I can ... and usually bring a small dolly too. Just useful to know in advance so as to plan better.

Oh and ... if it should be wet ... how much cover is there to keep guns dry etc?

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 09:27 PM
The parking area is about 25 - 50 feet max from the covered rifle range positions. Worst case, you can get close, unload, then park if it's too crowded when you get there.

There are at least 10 completely covered rifle benches you can put stuff on/under in case of wetness.

P95Carry
March 12, 2004, 09:32 PM
Thx RM ... sounds well manageable.:)

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 09:32 PM
You can pull up to the rifle and pistol ranges and its about a 20yd walk. There is plenty of parking there and most of us is within 50yds of the rifle and pistol range. Several of us will be available to help carry stuff up to the range if need be. You aren't the only one with a bad back.

I volunteer Jody Hudson to carry all of the heavy artillery.:p

The rifle range benches are all covered.

The pistol range is not.

If we are going to have really bad weather I'll cancel this since I'll most likely be putting up money to reserve the range.

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 09:34 PM
Soda you sissy....if it ain't rainin' then you ain't trainin'......
Man, first wind, now rain, what's next, cloud cover? :evil:

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 09:37 PM
I've left W&W after seeing my targets get constantly blown down. You try setting up a target at 200yds, and then get into firing position, only to find out your target got blown down. Now do that 3 times and tell me you wouldn't get sick of it. Do I have to duel you or something?

Jerk!!:cuss:

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 09:38 PM
Ok, a duel it is...harsh words at 10 paces. :fire:

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 09:44 PM
Ok, a duel it is...harsh words at 10 paces

I can't do that........ my mom might be there.

:D

P95Carry
March 12, 2004, 09:45 PM
since I'll most likely be putting up money to reserve the range. Jamie .. if we go ahead successfully .. and a contribution would help, please say. You should not have to take any loss thru this.

RepublicanMan
March 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
LMAO.....

Actually, come to think of it, my wife will probably be there as well....and although she's married to me and thusly heard it all.....I'm supposed to behave in public for some reason. :rolleyes:

:D

SodaPop
March 12, 2004, 10:31 PM
I'll see how things go and if I end up filing for bankruptcy I'll let you know.

You guys can all pre-pay the $10 fee to get in (so I can invest it in Enron or Lucent stock and make a little money on the side).

I received this email from Water and Wings this morning:

"Let me know if you want us to have a lunch available. We do this for the cowboy shoots. We put out barbeque, salads, chips drinks and charge 4 dollars to all that want it. You don't pay if they don't eat. But ask them if they want a lunch before we spend the money. Thank you."

How many of you think you will be there for lunch?

justashooter
March 13, 2004, 09:20 PM
jamie,

thanks for the heads up. i tried to get the time that weekend, and all i was able to get was saturday, so i will be at the show in harrisburg with the FAL guys. look for us at a table against a wall, with a big oval sign in white, bordered by flags of the 90 some countries that have issued or currently issue the FAL.

we are just there to shoot the ????, most of the time, but would welcome any converts that might come by for a little EBR evangelising. people of a technical bent are welcome, but it's really all about having the love of the gun.

i will have a sample of the homebent AMD 65 (AK-47 type), and the unissued kits that centerfire has. anybody wanting to talk about how to build a kit on a roll your own receiver for 160$ or less and still be US legal should stop by. i'm developing an orthodoxy for that, and would be glad to share ideas with like-minded souls.

best of the weather for your shoot.

RepublicanMan
March 14, 2004, 12:46 AM
Hey James, count myself and my wife as lunch eaters. :p

armabill
March 14, 2004, 01:08 AM
Lunch for me too. Do we prepay or pay there?

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

SodaPop
March 14, 2004, 08:17 AM
You pay when you get there.

They have coffee and drinks there too.

No beer.

RepublicanMan
March 14, 2004, 08:19 AM
Man it's such a nice day out this morning....perfect day for shooting wouldn't you say James? :scrutiny:

SodaPop
March 14, 2004, 08:31 AM
Its too sunny out.

I don't want to hurt my eyes.

(check your PM punk)

RepublicanMan
March 14, 2004, 08:35 AM
Punk???

Well I never...............

Replied to your PM.
I'm bringing the AR, SKS, .38 Super, P232 and the Buntline Scout.

Jrob24
March 14, 2004, 10:07 PM
Unless there's a blizzard or hurricane I'll be there.
As far as gun requests does anyone have a 9mm carbine hi-point, keltec or beretta... Also I'd like to try any gun with a red dot or laser sight. :)

SodaPop
March 14, 2004, 10:33 PM
Beretta 92FS?

I think there are about 50 of us that have them.;)

There will be lunch for everyone.

$4 for an all you can eat.

David Park
March 14, 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm in for lunch.

My AR has a red dot, and I'll bring the M6 light/laser for my Sig P220ST.

P95Carry
March 14, 2004, 11:01 PM
Jrob24 ...... not the carbines you mention but - I have and will bring my Ruger PC9 ... it's red-dotted and is a real sweet shooter.

Jamie ... I'll add my name for foodstuffs if I may.:)

FlyinGN
March 15, 2004, 08:45 AM
I hate to say this cause when I say Im coming I always have some last minute crap that diverts me:( But Im *hoping* to make it.. :) Weekends are so freaking busy... But im a gona try to !!

armabill
March 15, 2004, 09:00 AM
I'm more worried about the weather myself. We all have something to be concerned about.

I made up an I.D. tag that I'll wear. I'll bring my Ruger MKII, CZ Varmint and my Bushmaster M4 A3 ( I know it's not a .22 but it does have 22 in it).

At what range distance will we be most likely shooting?

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 12:03 PM
I made up an I.D. tag that I'll wear. I'll bring my Ruger MKII, CZ Varmint and my Bushmaster M4 A3 ( I know it's not a .22 but it does have 22 in it).

I think it might be a good idea to have name tags.

P95Carry, can you bring those tags you brought to the gun show?

At what range distance will we be most likely shooting?

Whatever your little heart desires. :)

Most people stay at the pistol range and shoot the 15yd-25yd and the rest hang out at the 100yd rifle range. I will be hanging around the 200yd rifle benches most of the time since it is the closest to the pistol range.

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 12:38 PM
P95Carry, can you bring those tags you brought to the gun show? Sure, no prob. I'd point out tho - they are far from special!! All they are is a self-adhesive label ... on which you can write name and handle ... anything of that sort would work really .... just stick it on the shirt.:)

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
No offense guys, but I am NOT wearing a name tag. :D

Uncle Sam made me wear one for 12 years.....I'm kinda enjoying this whole anonymous thing now-a-days. :p

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 01:16 PM
RepublicanMan, I'm a registered Democrat. ;)

Guys!! There will be tons of new shooters and self-described liberals at this shoot. For many of them this will be their first experience on a firing line and It took me several months/years to get them to consider coming.

This is a time of opening eyes and converting people to what the 2nd Ammendment is all about. Its also a great time to explain the asinine laws that we've been dealing with over the Assault Weapons ban. I want to show people how hard it is to shoot a Bushmaster AR15 with a 3-9x40mm scope on it at 30yds (DC SNIPER SKILL LEVEL). Things like this will hopefully change some Liberal thinking minds to vote for 2nd Ammendment politicians. I switched to the Democratic party so I could vote for the more conservative minded Democrats in the Primaries and then vote for whomever I wanted to in the main election.

If more Liberals voted for the Pro-gun candidates we could change the face of the Democratic Party. Pennsylvania is a Battle Ground State this next election.

Think about it!

Its not going to be all white guys either.

EVERYONE is welcome.

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 01:34 PM
I knew there was sumthin' about you I didn't like. lol

:p

fslflint
March 15, 2004, 01:54 PM
I've learned that its not the democratic party that I don't like. its the democrats who cannot logically defend there positions.

anyways, this is gonna be allot of fun. can't wait to do some shooting.

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 02:00 PM
BTW, thanks for letting me take a couple of shots with that Enfield......that thing is CLEAN. I decided that if I'm ever going to grab a bolt action mil-surp it's going to be an M-38 or an M-44 though, the Enfield didn't kick enough to feel powerful.

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 02:06 PM
the Enfield didn't kick enough to feel powerful. RM .... In that case the Enfield you want (must have!) is the MkV Jungle carbine. Shorter barrel, lighter ... nice steel butt plate that will impose itself nicely on your shoulder!! :p

I will bring it along. :D :evil:

http://www.bedford.net/design/cb_gun2/jungle_s.jpg

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 03:21 PM
P95......sounds good, I really like the way the JCs look, especially the bell on the barrel. A friend of mine has one for sale at his shop, thing is SWEET looking and very clean although I believe the wood has been redone on it. I think his asking price is too high though and he won't come down. He wants $389 for it.

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 03:57 PM
RM ... Quick!!! Go look at SOG (http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplus_rifles.html) ... they are $159.95 ..... and whilst you'd take a gamble on wood quality etc ... you'd almost certainly get an adequate shooter.

You know you gotta have one!! It'll be with you in time for the shoot!:p

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 05:35 PM
Man my wife would kill me AND then come hunting for you if I bought one and she saw this post. lol

Actually just today I shipped off a $300 moneyorder for a Cetme Sporter with wood furniture.....and I'm picking another pistol up at the end of this week.....gonna have to wait at least a month or two before I can squeeze another toy outta the budget. :D

Jrob24
March 15, 2004, 06:53 PM
I got a couple more questions I just thought of. 1) Does the range allow tracer rounds?(I bought some on a whim at a gunshow) 2) Are human shaped targets allowed?

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 06:56 PM
Tracers are not allowed.
Any paper target is allowed, balloons are also allowed. No metal targets of any kind are allowed. Fully auto is not allowed due to township ordinances (thanks to neighbors complaining). Basically, any target made of paper products is fine, no fruits, plastic or glass bottles etc.....

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 07:33 PM
Somebody set fire to the 500yd tires and they had to call in 2 fire companies to put it out.

It was later traced to a 50BMG owner but they did crack down on using tracers there.

Mr Jody Hudson
March 15, 2004, 08:13 PM
I would like at least one all-you-can-eat lunch and at least one or two pots of coffee... I'll bring extra money.

I will have a bunch of guns for shoot and sale. Someone asked about Keltec, I'll have .380, 9mm and .40 there.

We'll figure out a legal way for those who want to shoot and buy to do it legally. Bring money.

I would like to shoot a 10 mm Glock if anyone has one.

I may have a Rohrbaugh - worlds smallest (and most expensive) little 9mm. It's due soon, if all goes well in Quality Control and testing.

I'll have Makarovs of course, Glocks, ParaOrdnance, and some .22 target pistols too.

I guess I'd better bring a couple of extra tables. AND< a dolly to carry all my stuff.

I'll even wear clean clothing, to impress the new shooters and Democrats for SodaPop!!! Maybe even take a shower too!!! :what: :evil: :rolleyes:

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 08:16 PM
Jody....a friend that owns a small local shop said that he will open up to handle any transfers we need done for $25 per transfer. Will need to contact him by lunch time to let him know if you're going to be bringing anyone ever there though.
I'll give you his number when we get there.

(I think the fee is a little high but I haven't found any other shop in the area open that day that will do it)

Mr Jody Hudson
March 15, 2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks, we'll find a way! If all else fails, and I sell lots of guns, I'll spend the night and do transfers the next day. I have a PM to Soda on another idea too.

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 09:22 PM
I may have a Rohrbaugh - worlds smallest (and most expensive) little 9mm. It's due soon, if all goes well in Quality Control and testing. Ahah ... been sweet-talking Eric again eh!!:p

I doubt I'll have mine in time for that shoot!:(

So Jody ... what other pieces might you have with you?. There's not too much I am after ... it's getting close to time I called a halt to my collection.! But ..... always one or two gaps still want filled. :) Any nice wheelguns ... Smiths for instance?

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 09:35 PM
Anyone have a Mini 14 or SKS they want to sell?

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 09:36 PM
I know of two Chicoms for sale for $175 or so.

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 09:43 PM
Private sales?

RepublicanMan
March 15, 2004, 09:44 PM
Naw.......most people I know that have them won't let go of them.
Those two are at Tanners, one is my original that I traded in and regretted so I bought another from a friend.

Myself
March 15, 2004, 10:37 PM
I am not sure of my schedule that weekend.

Can I "just drop in" ?

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 10:43 PM
Can I "just drop in" ? Only if you arrange it first with the RO .. he doesn't like parachutes on the range when it's running hot!!:D :neener:

J/K!

Marcus
March 15, 2004, 10:53 PM
Hey,here`s where this thread is! Doh.
I`ll check and see if Defcon-1 and Big Sky outfitters (both between Coopersburg and Quakertown,about 15mins. from WW) are open on Sunday. Big Sky charges $25 for transfers,dunno about Defcon. I`ll have a CETME "Black Widow", 7.62x39 Saiga,M-44 Nagant, etc., a couple .22s and an eclectic assortment of handguns from mini revolver to .44mag. :) Marcus

SodaPop
March 15, 2004, 10:54 PM
Myself, just bring YOURSELF.

I made a funny....... HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH:p

Mr Jody Hudson
March 15, 2004, 11:20 PM
P5... I have No wheel guns at all.

And no word on the Rohrbaugh 9mm from Eric yet. I suspect we will get them the same time... I'll wait a few days before I contact him. I was hoping for my birthday, but he called to say it would be after. My birthday is today! I don't want to push him, I'll wait... and pretend to be patient!

I don't know what I'll have for sale. I have a couple of dozen guns for sale currently and several on order, I'll just pack up a bunch on the way up. Probably some Glocks, perhaps a Keltec... It's so hard to sell them!!!

But, I have NEEDS... and that includes another ParaOrdnance and another Glock or two... or three.:banghead: :what:

Marcus
March 15, 2004, 11:40 PM
Happy B-day Jody! 39 again? ;) Marcus

Mr Jody Hudson
March 15, 2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks Marcus.

I would also like to buy some Black Hills .45 and 9mm to try if anyone has any, or knows how to get some. My dealer has not been able to get Black Hills to answer his mail for a MONTH!!!

P95Carry
March 15, 2004, 11:48 PM
OK Jody thx . no biggie ... just keeping my eyes peeled, here and there!!

Yes ..... happy birthday Sir .. I thought it was 38 actually!!:p

I'm hoping for about end of month or a bit over for the R9 .. trying not to get my hopes up too quick ... it'll be worth the wait.

Myself
March 16, 2004, 12:46 AM
Didn't think of a paracute. What a great way to introduce myself.

If I make it I will bring an assortment of hand cannons.

That's always a nice way to say hello.

armabill
March 16, 2004, 12:58 AM
SodaPop

I have a Mini-14 that I'd be willing to part with. It's a ranch with the polymer stock. Has scope rings too. Three PMI mags.

I'll bring it with me to the range.

RepublicanMan
March 16, 2004, 08:28 AM
I didn't even think of Defcon 1....they are closer that's for sure.

Marcus, drop me a PM, I have some questions on Cetmes.

nvrquit
March 16, 2004, 10:57 PM
I already had a heck of a time shoe-horning an IDPA match in for that day and that was a snug fit!(Moving into the new abode that weekend:D )

To all have a great time! Shoot safe, shoot well!

SodaPop
March 16, 2004, 11:49 PM
Atleast you aren't bailing out because you want to go hunt turkeys...........like last time..............:rolleyes:

What if we volunteer to move your stuff on Saturday?

nvrquit
March 17, 2004, 12:37 PM
.... go hunt turkeys, I asked about a 'turkey shoot' that someone else had made a statement about. Sheesh(feathers slightly ruffled) !

The offer for moving, if genuine, wouldn't do anyway, as I stated previously that an IDPA match is already in the planner for that weekend. That match is at Easton Fis & Game Club, starting at 12 noon. With the associated drive(Reading), match time and the usaual what-not, the bulk of the day is pretty well shot(no pun). Take that with the move event and spouse-to-spouse relations are the next(actaully first) thing to put in order.

That means.... no-go on the shoot this time.

Priorities differ from person to person. Mine are God, Family, Country and all other things/items follow in some order behind those. In any event, as before, I hope everyone has a GREAT time. Shoot safe, shoot well!

9mmMike
March 17, 2004, 12:49 PM
Priorities differ from person to person. Mine are God, Family, Country and all other things/items follow in some order behind those.....

Nice. :)

Mr Jody Hudson
March 17, 2004, 01:00 PM
That IS nice...

And I Thank GOD, that I go shooting with my family and live in a country that still allows me to do all three... :)

Marcus
March 17, 2004, 11:31 PM
Amen! Hope you can make the next one Nvrquit. We need more 10mm people. :) When`s the next IDPA match at EFG? I`ve been meaning to get to one over there for a couple years. Marcus

SodaPop
March 17, 2004, 11:42 PM
Sounds like you've got your priorities strait. :)

nvrquit, people have specifically asked me if you were coming again.

Next time......

Good luck with the house!

nvrquit
March 18, 2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks to all for the wishes and kudo's, very appreciated.

Marcus,

Here are some links to the three clubs that I attend for IDPA matches:

http://www.eastontacticalops.com/
http://www.ontelaunee.org/
http://www.lprgc.com/pistol/idpa/

The first is for Easton Tactical Ops, Tactical Ted Murphy's site. A link to Easton Fish & Game is on the page, AWA a slew of stuff from previous matches at E, F&G and a few other sites. The second is for Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club's site, with the club again hosting the PA IDPA State match. The third is for Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club. LPRGC is actually the closest to my current residence, but the club I manage to get to the least(Strange how that seems to work out).

On the 10mm, the 10 mil community is strong & growing. The 10 mil Phoenix is definitely out from the ashes many nay-sayers attempted to bury it in and starting a climb in the caliber ranks. I'll let it go at that. Welcome to the 10mm club!

SodaPop,

I always try to schedule events fairly far in advance for the year. Everything/event goes in the planner. Helps to keep my otherwise cluttered mind clearer for the more important things. I'll keep an eye on the posts for the next gathering....

To all, Shoot Safe, Shoot Well!

Mr Jody Hudson
March 18, 2004, 09:19 AM
I am very interested in getting a full size Glock 10mm.

I would love the chance to shoot one.

Also, I will need to buy some ammo so if someone is going to bring one to shoot, I'll need to know what kind of ammo it likes so I can get some ahead of time. OR, I can purchase some from the gun owner if that person will allow me to buy ammo and shoot the gun.

Will any of the 10 shooters be attending?

9mmMike
March 18, 2004, 05:01 PM
A very dear friend of mine has a 10mm (22?) Glock. In fact, it was the first Glock I ever shot. I could borrow it but he is in Bagdad right now.
I did not find that it shot all that differently than the full size (21?) in .45.
I will make a call to his Mrs. but chances are slim at best that I can get my hands on the 10mm by next weekend.
Mike

nvrquit
March 18, 2004, 05:39 PM
.... since I'll be campaigning the G20 this year in IDPA and if the match runs fast that Sunday, I might be able to make the gathering. However, it would only be after 4 PM at the earliest, so I'm not sure if that would work out, in any event.

SodaPop, would that be too late in the day? Sorry but it's the best that I can do, what with attending the match and all. If it's a possibility, I'll try to let the match director know that I would like to go through the match as #1 on the first relay/squad, though at Easton that doesn't make that much difference.

Should the time not be a critical factor for the gathering, I'll make sure that I bring not only the Glock(G20) but also the S&W 1066 and the Tanfoglio Witness Compact(Wonder finish). Those three should wet the appetite of anyone wanting to try out a 10mm pistol. Sorry, no carbines, Delta's, Dan Wesson's, Double Eagles, Bren's, etc....., as with the new house I can only afford so much.

9mmMike,

Glock's 10's are the G20(same full size frame as the G21, but heavier slide) and the G29(again, same frame size as the G30). I wish they made a compact 10mm along the lines of the G19 though; 4 1/8" barrel with a 12 round capacity(goodbye AWB:neener: ) and one in the chamber or the same top end with a single stack, a-la the G36. Hey, tactical tupperware anyone:p ! Oops, I almost forgot the G20C, the ported version of the G20. For more on the Glock 10's, scoot on over to the Glock Talk forum and drop in on The 10 Ring and browse a little.

Sorry, I didn't mean to OT hijack the thread!:D

9mmMike
March 18, 2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks. I knew it was one up or down from the 21. I am actually an avid Glock shooter but, you guessed it, all 9mm!
I don't hit GT very often except for the PA club and HighPower club there. It became dominated by folks who thought it was a chat line or something. Many of them are quite nice but I swear that there are a few who just like to here themselves type. Ha!
I've no idea how the old TFL and THR do it but the caliber of folks and the threads here are always top notch.
Mike

SodaPop
March 18, 2004, 07:01 PM
My favorite Glock is the Glock 20.

First time I fired one was at Woody's shoot a few years ago. I thought it was on par with the 45acp as far as recoil. Its a very controllable firearm.

SodaPop, would that be too late in the day?

It might be but I'll give you my phone number and you can call me if you are on your way.

Check your PM!

clubsoda22
March 18, 2004, 07:45 PM
If you guys want an Arsenal AK to play with, you better find me a FFL that will do transfers on a new gun ASAP. My normal guy won't do transfers on a new gun. He insist's i buy new guns from him. Normally i wouldn't have a problem with that because i'm willing to pay a bit more to support a local business, but he can't even get the gun i want! Help a local guy out!

P95Carry
March 18, 2004, 08:33 PM
Jamie ...... now we've reached the point where numbers look extremely good .... makes me start to wonder just what to bring. I doubt each individual shooter is gonna get a huge amount of time on the firing point and so .. maybe not worth bring dozens!!:p

IIRC from the start ... you mentioned a heavy bias on .22 ... so that covers a few. Over and above that .. well, hard to know what. I have several items of interest which I'd be happy to put in for others to try .. but again not sure what!

I forget whether I made a list earlier ... but can if it seems useful .. and then just put in extra's ''by request''. Open to suggestions (trouble is - I like shooting every damn one of em!).:)

SodaPop
March 18, 2004, 10:13 PM
I will have to see how many people actually show up and then adjust the firing line to accomadate.

I may pull some of the tables off of the firing line and some of us will have to shoot off the bench. Nothing wrong with that is there???? ;)

BUT!! I have gotten requests for some 22LR bench shooting at the 50yd pistol range, I might set up some 50yd targets at the 100yd rifle range instead.

I am also thinking about putting stickers on everyone that is a NEW shooter and getting some of you Vets to train them in groups.

If we do have a heavy turnout please speak up if you want to do something specific. There is also the 5 stand that some of you can wander over to. There are shotgun rentals there.

Anyone with a table and chairs PLEASE BRING THEM! There is a lounge you can sit in but you can set up chairs on the grass behind the range.

MikeB
March 18, 2004, 11:38 PM
I can probably make it.

If I do I'll bring...

Carbon15 - AR15 Pistol
Dan Wesson .445 Supermag
AR15 with .50 Beowulf upper

and possibly many other oddballs.

How could I forget a couple .22lr's as well.

I'll have to get out the reloading supplies and get busy, to have enough ammo for anyone/everyone to try a couple shots with the .445 and the .50 Beowolf. Good thing I picked up the .50 Beowulf dies yesterday.

SodaPop
March 18, 2004, 11:55 PM
I'll have to get out the reloading supplies and get busy, to have enough ammo for anyone/everyone to try a couple shots with the .445 and the .50 Beowolf. Good thing I picked up the .50 Beowulf dies yesterday.

I have about 4 days of reloading to do.

RepublicanMan
March 19, 2004, 11:32 AM
Clubsoda, call Tanners at 215-343-3103, I am fairly certain that Ray will do a transfer for you on a new gun. They're in Jamison on York rd so you'll have to drive a bit.

MikeB
March 19, 2004, 08:20 PM
A&G - Archery and Gun Outfitters is a bit closer than Tanners and they will most likely do any transfers. They are on 309.

crffl
March 19, 2004, 10:09 PM

I've always been more of a lurker than a poster but I'll be making the trip.

Also if anyone is interested in those Starlight cases that's making the rounds, a friend of mine is picking me up a few at a store local to him and I could get a few more to bring to the shoot for those who want one. They aren't as cheap as those down in TX but at around $95 or so with tax it sure beats the $250 retail.

Marcus
March 19, 2004, 10:23 PM
I did some checking around for transfers. Defcon 1 will be open until 4pm. They do transfers for $34 (ouch). Nice guys though and they have cool stuff (lots of black guns,Class3 etc.). It`s in Coopersburg about 15-20mins. from the shoot. Better yet, Noxamixon Sporting goods in Quakertown (10mins. from the shoot) will also be open and does transfers for $20. :) Very easy to find too,but no cool stuff.

I`ll have my 10mm 1006 there for sure. Guess I`ll have to pick up some 180gr.Corbon hotties for it so folks can get the full 10mm experience. ;)

Nvrquit,thanks for the links. I gotta try some IDPA this year,it looks like big fun! :D

Btw,I`m probably bringing my Dad along also which is pretty cool since he`s not really a shooter. He`ll be bringing his Buckmark,Kel Tec .32, Browning T-bolt straightpull .22 rifle and the antique Stevens .22 Favorite/ Sharpshooter I bought him for his birthday. :) Marcus

Pappy John
March 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
At least you aren't bailing out because you want to go hunt turkeys...........like last time..............

That's why I missed one of your shoots before. Just don't schedule a shoot in turkey season.:neener: There's only two seasons a year. Its that simple.:D

It sounds like there's gonna be a 'cast of thousands' for this event. We might need Cecill B. DeMille to organize who's shooting what at any one time.

Oh yeah....I picked up a bunch of carbine ammo last week.:)

SodaPop
March 20, 2004, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah....I picked up a bunch of carbine ammo last week

I was going to un-invite you if you didn't.:neener:

Guys..... I'm waiting for a few more people to respond to this before I make a final decision, but I may request the entire range for us.

Please don't hog the pistol range. I think the fast majority of you are pistol shooters, but please take advantage of the fact that this is one of the biggest RIFLE and SHOTGUN clubs in Pennsylvania.

Also...........I would appreciate it if we could plan on a group photo around 2pm.

David Park
March 20, 2004, 04:14 PM
Guys..... I'm waiting for a few more people to respond to this before I make a final decision, but I may request the entire range for us.I assume you're taking into account that 25-50% of the people who say they're coming will be no-shows. :o ;)

I just realized I have a bunch of FAL mags that need to be function tested (once I clean the gunk out of them), including two 30-rounders. The same is true for ALL of my AR mags, except for the neutered mag that came with the carbine. If you don't reserve the range, I'll just set up to the immediate left of one of the non-THR benchrest guys and start "testing". :D

Dave Markowitz
March 20, 2004, 04:29 PM
Browning T-bolt straightpull .22 rifle

Coolness!

TIGERSHARK
March 22, 2004, 04:11 PM
I’ll be there with the kids,

Sig
Smith
Bersa
Savage
Remington
Bushmaster
Mossberg

SodaPop
March 22, 2004, 04:32 PM
GOOD!

I was wondering where you were.

9mmMike
March 22, 2004, 05:33 PM
Sig
Smith
Bersa
Savage
Remington
Bushmaster
Mossberg

Your kids have cool names. That must drive the "zero tolerance" school nazi's crazy.

I had a dog named Porsche once.............

Mike

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 06:44 PM
Aight, finally got a list together of what I'll be bringing.

SKS X 2 (Chinese)
AR-15
Cetme
Glock 30
Colt Combat Commander .38 Super (not much ammo though unfortunately)
Sig P232
Colt Buntline Scout (old single action .22 revolver with a real long tube)
Sears 20ga pump gun (JC Higgins)

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:07 PM
Don't be forgetting Soda's ''prime directive'' now!! :pBecause you're all required to bring your 22LR rifle or pistol and shoot all day without burning a hole in your pocket.

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:10 PM
Colt Buntline Scout (old single action .22 revolver with a real long tube)

http://home.comcast.net/~rayreno/wsb/media/435106/site1004_t.jpg

I didn't forget. :D

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:12 PM
real long tube haha! ..... NOW yer talkin my language!! I just lurv long tubes!:D

I'll have to excercize my 14" .223 Contender set up!:)

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:14 PM
Ya know...I took these pictures on a friends camera, created a web page on my ISPs server to host them, and now can't seem to get them to be normal sized....any computer gurus out there tell me what the hell I'm doin' wrong here???

crffl
March 22, 2004, 07:18 PM

Looks like you pointed to the thumbnail version of the pic, here's the fullsze below. Remove the '_t' from the filename to get the full image.

[image removed]

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:20 PM
Ouch my eyes!!!!!

Ok, thanks, so once again I have a question....how do I make it a NORMAL size so I don't A: piss off the dial up crowd and B: have to scroll 10 minutes to get to the other end???

:confused:

Oh yeah, can you please delete that so it doesn't mess up Soda's thread?

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:21 PM
Hmmm ... that pic is 99 x 66 and a mere 2k .... almost seems like it has been ''auto-thumbnailed'' ... tho no idea why, and it has the'' _t'' too..

Oh ... crffl has nailed it ... just where my thinkin was going!:)

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:23 PM
RM .. phew!! Oh my that IS too large!!

You'll need to reduce the pic before uploading to server .. something around 640 x 480 region is good.

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:24 PM
Ummm ok.....
Lemme go see what I can do here.
Thanks.

crffl
March 22, 2004, 07:25 PM

You need to resize it to something smaller using a editor of some sort. Here's a more manageable size...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/crffl/RepublicanMan_Buntline.JPG

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah I'm in some editor now, hopefully I can manage it without too much trouble, thanks for your help guys.

crffl
March 22, 2004, 07:31 PM

Depending on the editor, it may have some buttons to reduce the image to some set standards or by fractions. Or it could be as simple as grabbing one of the corners of the image and dragging it smaller. You should be able to find it without much trouble.

What program are you using ?

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:31 PM
And this ... cropped and reduced and lightened a little ... is only 33k ... compression about 15:1.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=887039

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 07:35 PM
The program is Microsoft Photo editor.

I'm able to crop them but I don't know if they're going to come out right.

P-95......I'll let ya shoot one of my guns if ya fix them for me. :D

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 07:40 PM
You mean ''fix em'' as in the pics? Well ... all you'd need do is PM me with links to the ''biggies'' and I'll post you the reduced ones in ''tech support'' .... that way they'd be on THR server and you could post them by using their properties. Or email them back to you.

One way round it .. depends of course how many pics!!!!!:p

crffl
March 22, 2004, 07:41 PM

Here's a link to a page that describes how to do certain functions ( for Microsoft Photo Editor that is).

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/6470/photoed.htm

This is what it says for resizing a image...

Resize a selection
Do one of the following:
To move one side of the selection's bounding outline, move the pointer over the sizing handle on that side until the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, and then drag the handle.
To change the height and width simultaneously, drag a corner handle

FlyinGN
March 22, 2004, 08:40 PM
Im bringing...

* colt .22 (Cadet) pistol
* Winchester 190 with 4x scope .22 rifle
* Armscor 1911 .45
* Alchemy Arms Spectre .45
* Sig 232
* S&W 686 distinguished magnun .357

Republican man.. Wanna meet and drive up??

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 08:43 PM
Frank......I live in Dublin, about 15 miles from the place, you'd have to go out of your way to get to my area. I also have to get there early in order to make sure there are target stands set up and help Jamie get the tables out etc.....

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 08:46 PM
RM .. waiting on a PM from you!:)

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 08:47 PM
I sent it when you first mentioned it P95. Maybe the system is messing up?
I'll try again.

P95Carry
March 22, 2004, 08:49 PM
No - meant a return .. I answered your first twice .. need email addy!

RepublicanMan
March 22, 2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah I saw that when I went back in.... Sorry about that. Thanks again for your help.

clubsoda22
March 23, 2004, 02:06 PM
Any of you guys know of broad mountain enterprises in frackville, PA? I want to buy a rifle from them that i saw on GunsAmerica, but no one picks up the phone and their e-mail doesn't work. THe phone's not disconnected, it just rings. A quick google search revealed they are listed as an armalite and mossberg dealer, so they do exist, or, possibly, they used to.

9mmMike
March 25, 2004, 10:09 AM
Sorry to bogart this thread but.....

(ACOG needed thread) (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73108)

If one was at the PA shoot, that would be quite convenient.
Mike

David Park
March 25, 2004, 12:06 PM
Mike, is price a consideration on the ACOG? I might be able to find one locally, but it wouldn't be cheap. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Quantico Arms stocks Trijicon.

Chris (or anybody), I should be getting some night sights today or tomorrow to replace the loose sights on my P220. Can you bring some tools to help me install them? The rear sight has set screws, so I'm hoping it can just be tapped in and tightened. I'll bring the Loctite.

P95Carry
March 25, 2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Dave .... well, I usually try and remember to put some basic tools in the truck ..... Brownells screwdrivers, my box of assorted ''bitz'' etc .. so should be OK to deal with set screws. Guess too a small block of nylon for tapping on ... reckon we'll manage between us.

Weather looks improved for Saturday .. just hope it'll hold that way for Sunday.

9mmMike
March 25, 2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks David. Price is somewhat a concern. His email indicated that he was in discussion with a guy (before he shipped out) about getting one for 825.00 shipped.
I see that Trijicon has what I think is the right one (TA01NSN USSOCOM NSN M4A ) for 910.00 which is list so I could see that the 825.00 price is legit. I would like to find it for as cheap as possible since this will be coming out of my pocket. It sucks (and I rarely use that word) to be in the Army. Before Joe left, he was buying boots and packs out of his own money for his guys. Some of them left for the desert with BLACK boots. It's disgusting, really. :fire:
Mike

SodaPop
March 26, 2004, 11:21 PM
Weather looks like its going to be on our side on Sunday.:)

Just a reminder...........

When you show up you have to sign in and pay $10.

SodaPop's real name is "Jamie Young" so you can ask anyone at the range to point to me if you need to find me.

"Ray Reno" is the RO on Sunday and you can also ask for him.

I still would like to have Jody Hudson, keep an eye on things at the pistol range since Ray and I are going to want to walk away from time to time.

Does anyone need help with directions?????

If anyone needs my cell phone number PM me and I'll give it to you.

Nathaniel Firethorn
March 27, 2004, 06:27 AM
Turns out I have to fly on business Sunday, so it'd just be too manic.

Sorry, Soda! It woulda been fun. :( Hope you guys have good weather and a great time!

- pdmoderator

SodaPop
March 27, 2004, 07:59 AM
We'll miss ya!

Keep in mind Woody's shoot isn't that far away.

I'll see ya there?

FlyinGN
March 27, 2004, 08:17 AM
soda, are the directions on W&W's website are accurate enough for me? Take a look at em from the NE extension and let me know if they are accurate or not.. Thanks!!
Can't wait!

Frank

RepublicanMan
March 27, 2004, 08:21 AM
Frank:
NE Extension to the Quakertown (RT 663) exit. Turn right at the light as you exit the toll booths. The 2nd light down is Gerryville Pike. Turn right at Gerryville Pike. Go through the stop sign (stopping is optional if you're in the Granny :D ). About 1/4 to 1/2 mile down the road will bear to the left. There is a small road (looks like a driveway) going almost straight on the right with a large white rock in the grass between it and the main road. This is Janes, it also has a small street sign. Take the driveway looking road and you'll see the parking lot and range on the right about 500 feet down.

SodaPop
March 27, 2004, 04:36 PM
Just roll down your windows and listen for gunfire.

The gun club main building is inside an old barn.

MikeB
March 27, 2004, 09:14 PM
Ok I've been able to confirm I can and will be there. Look for the guy with long hair and glasses wearing a Hawiian type shirt.

Now unfortunately due to a snafus with both powder for reloading and trying to order factory ammo I will have no .445 ammo for the Dan Wesson .445 Supermag, but I will still bring it along if anyone wants to check it out with .44mag or .44spcl.

Regardless I will bring along for all to try and for fun.

- AR15 in .50 Beowulf - due to same ordering snafus I will have limited ammo; but probably enough for everyone who wants to try shooting it.

- Coonan 1911 in .357 mag

- Mitchell .22lr - a quality High Standard knockoff for those not familiar

- Carbon 15 type 97 - AR15 .223 pistol

- Home built 1911 in .357SIG w/ a titanium frame

- Alchemy Arms .45ACP - a very interesting piece that is striker fired but with a straight pull trigger like a 1911. Kinda like a Glock upper mounted on a 1911 frame.

- Phillips & Rogers Medusa Revolver - This revolver will fire .380, 9mm, .38spcl, .357mag, .38 super, 9x23mm; basically any 9mm caliber cartridge.

I also have 1911's in almost every conceivable caliber .22lr, 9mm, .38super, 9x23, 357SIG, .40S&W, .45ACP, 10mm, .451Detonics, .460Rowland, .45Super, etc. ; some home built; others made by Springfiel, Kimber, Colt, etc. if anyone wants to request a particular caliber or make to try.

Lastly if anyone wants to try a 12oz .357mag Smith 340SC J-frame I always have one of those with me. It can be a handfull if you're not a recoil junkie; but makes a very effective carry weapon.

nvrquit
March 27, 2004, 09:46 PM
SodaPop,

Check your PM.

To all,

Apologies, as events have conspired, so I'll have to catch you the next go'round.

Shoot safe, Shoot well!

Dave Markowitz
March 27, 2004, 10:39 PM
I packed up my stuff tonight. Here's what I'm bringing:

Ruger Mini-14 5.56 NATO

Century Arms G3 clone 7.62 NATO

Springfield M1911A1 .45 ACP

S&W Model 15-3 .38 Special

...and a pile of ammo.

RON in PA is coming with me and should have his brand spankin' new S&W M-627 ".357 MAG - 8 Times", plus a couple other neat toys.

FlyinGN
March 27, 2004, 10:45 PM
MikeB, you have a Spectre too?? Wow so do I!! Ill be bringing it too:)

P95Carry
March 27, 2004, 10:55 PM
Hey y'all!! ... this dude will be wearing a ''The Second Amendment'' blue NRA cap ... that plus wizzened white beard :p - oh and probably a denim vest .. no excuse for not spotting me. I gotta long haul so maybe not there til noon. It's too easy to miss guys at shoots and only discover after that you were shooting nect to another THR member .... please come up and introduce .. part of the fun is not just shooting - it's meeting you guys.... right!

I was down in MD today but ''escaped'' :p but short on time today....... and have thrown a bunch of stuff together to put in truck tomorrow .... way too much but hey ... maybe someone wants to shoot some things.:)

Look forward to seeing ya.:)

armabill
March 27, 2004, 10:57 PM
I'll be wearing a homemade I.D. tag.

9mmMike
March 27, 2004, 11:07 PM
MikeB, you have a Spectre too?? Wow so do I!! Ill be bringing it too

Ha! I was thinking of you when I read that too. Didn't you have that thing at Woody's first shoot?

Mike

MikeB
March 27, 2004, 11:07 PM
FlyinGN
"MikeB, you have a Spectre too?? Wow so do I!! Ill be bringing it too"

Yep; it's too bad Alchemy went out of buisness, I wouldn't have minded seeing a commander or officer size version. Oh well, I mostly prefer a J-Frame for carry anyways. It's still a great collectors piece. We'll have to see how the two compare, it was a very interesting design.

FlyinGN
March 27, 2004, 11:15 PM
9MM mike, yes I brought it then..

MikeB- they are NOT out of business.. Its a one man show but William is still making em!

Nathaniel Firethorn
March 27, 2004, 11:35 PM
Soda,

We're planning on coming to Woody's shoot, unless The Corporation decides to send me to Timbuktoo or something...

Mrs. Pdmoderator will miss it, too! She was looking for a .22-friendly time.

Have a great one! (BTW, remembering your pine-penetration experiments -- ever see the Monster Garage episode where a bunch of cops turn a cop car into a donut shop? I wonder if a .22 can penetrate donuts ;) )

- pdmoderator

SodaPop
March 27, 2004, 11:47 PM
MikeB, I can't wait to see some of that stuff!!

I have 3 new shooters coming in the morning so I may be on the firing line with them.

Seeya in the morning!!

Calumus
March 28, 2004, 02:54 AM
I'll be heading down for 10:30 or so. I'm going to have to see if I can borrow a .22 from a buddy as the one I pirated from my father apparently has a stuck trigger. It hasn't been fired in 24 years, but the last I remembered looking at it, the trigger was fine. I took it out night before last to try cleaning it and found that the trigger was stuck in the "back" position.
Hopefully my friends is doing a little better, its only been sitting for 3 years
:) Otherwise I'll still have come down for a few hours and just drool over everyone else's toys :) Anyway, I'll see you all in the morning. Cheers,
Shawn

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania THR Gathering!!! Sunday, March 28th!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!