Decent group size would be???

PDA

parsimonious_instead
October 29, 2012, 02:14 PM
I mainly shoot a .22 Mark II pistol and a .22 Savage Mark II bolt action (both iron sights) at my local range. I shoot both against paper at 15 and 25 yards, respectively.

I always shoot both standing up, unsupported.

What would be considered "good" groups on paper at those ranges with those guns, unsupported?

If you enjoyed reading about "Decent group size would be???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
creeper1956
October 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
I always shoot both standing up, unsupported.
Very good, IMO, would be around an inch for either... perhaps a bit less for the rifle.

C

AABEN
October 29, 2012, 08:04 PM
The rifle should out shoot the pistol!

blarby
October 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
Unless you are tournament shooting, with a tourney gun, 1" groups wood be great at those ranges with a pistol, and good with a rifle.

They would put food on the table with ease, and thats good enough for me.

Robert101
October 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
Standing and unsupported..........I'm not a target shooter and consider myself average with a handgun. With my SA 45 automatic I can manage to shoot (7 shoots) a 3" to 3 1/2" group sometime in a range session. That's at 25 yards. My more typical group size is 4 1/2" @ 25 yards. I would like to think I can shoot a 22 group a little smaller. I use an 8 X 11 piece of paper and will usually keep all shots on the paper. I really don't see many people at my indoor range doing a lot better that the above.

I know there are many that think this is terrible but that's the real deal with my 45 handgun shooting. 1" groups with a 45 auto? Really guys, my gun in a vice wouldn't shoot that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decent group size would be???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!