Pistolet Makarova ?

PDA

joneb
October 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
I have a East German PM which I am very pleased with. A few years ago I picked up a rebuild kit at a gun show, I have every part except the barrel, slide and grips.
This gun is a DA/SA with a de-cocker. My question is by modifying parts can the gun be a DAO, SAO with thumb safty and DA/SA with a de-cocker ?
I would like to have all three options if possible and I would likely need more parts.
The thought of having three action modes by swapping parts intrigues me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistolet Makarova ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SilentScream
October 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Simple answer.... Probably, more to the point for the amount of money you'd have to pay in parts/labor for those options you'd probably be better off buying something new or even used modern pistol that will let your have those options with a minimum of fuss. The H&K USP series comes to mind.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistolet Makarova ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!