1911 80% frame sources?

PDA

bigern
February 1, 2003, 12:32 AM
Do any of you have a source for 80% 1911 frames? I've got the Tannery Shop, Dlsask, and Kristitool but the Tannery Shop is closed because he got activated for Iraq.

I'm trying to find all the sources for these frames before I get out the checkbook. Shoparound a little like my mom taught me.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 80% frame sources?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pistolsmith
February 2, 2003, 03:03 PM
Go to the Essex web site.

bigern
February 2, 2003, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the Essex company. Do you have a web address for them? My google search failed to turn them up.

Thanks

Pistolsmith
February 6, 2003, 02:56 PM
I use Google. Just write in "Essex Arms" and go to home page and take it from there.

Psssniper
February 13, 2003, 03:44 AM
Everything that was available from Tannery is now being handled by National Ordnance Company 1-713-681-0618

Jim K
February 17, 2003, 01:09 AM
Essex is really not 80%; the frames are almost 100% with very minor fitting (usually just the top) and breaking the sharp edges before they have you running for the Band-Aids. They can be ordered with the safety/slide stop spring tunnel, grip screw bushings and the ejector if you want. I have found them very good and equal to any other of the cast frames, better than most. As complete frames, they require an FFL.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 80% frame sources?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!