New Beretta 92FS Combat combo

PDA

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hey guys,

Picked up a firearm I put a deposit on a few months ago, a brand new Beretta 92FS Combat Combo :)

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/_MG_0823.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/_MG_0825.jpg

While I already own a standard Inox and Vertec Inox as well as a 92FS Competition/Target model I've never really been a huge fan of Beretta's.

With the Combat that's all changed.

I really like the heavier brigadier slide, SAO trigger, barrel bushing, and frame mounted safety of the Combat and for me it is by far the best Beretta I've handled

If you enjoyed reading about "New Beretta 92FS Combat combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bannockburn
October 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
Morgo

Nice looking Beretta 92FS. Never heard of a 92FS Combat before; definitely like the SAO trigger set-up and the frame mounted safety. Hope it shoots as well as it looks.

gunnutery
October 31, 2012, 07:59 AM
Very cool. I've never heard of the "combat" before either. I like it.

19-3Ben
October 31, 2012, 08:39 AM
I'll throw in my hat with those who have never heard of it.
Really cool looking. It's like something from a video game or sci-fi movie.

While I already own a standard Inox and Vertec Inox as well as a 92FS Competition/Target model I've never really been a huge fan of Beretta's.

So... you're not a fan, but you already owned three, and now a fourth? Somehow, I think they've wormed their way into your heart.

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys, the Combat is I guess a scarce model.

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 08:41 AM
I'll throw in my hat with those who have never heard of it.
Really cool looking. It's like something from a video game or sci-fi movie.

So... you're not a fan, but you already owned three, and now a fourth? Somehow, I think they've wormed their way into your heart.

Pretty much, as I said I'm not a HUGE fan. I still like them and enjoy shooting them but I prefer others. I think the Combat will change that though.

shootr
October 31, 2012, 08:49 AM
Wow! That's a nice package and I imagine a great shooter.

psyopspec
October 31, 2012, 08:57 AM
Nice find! I too had never heard of these models. I like that they "fixed" the safety on this model. With the extra barrel, is it 9x19 and .40 that you're able to shoot? How many magazines are included for each?

Most importantly, how does it shoot?

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
The second barrel is still 9mm. Its to give you a standard size 92fs, its actually called the Stock model when used with the shorter barrel, but it will still have a bushed barrel for increased accuracy.

It came with 3 9mm mags

HOOfan_1
October 31, 2012, 09:51 AM

Ha, I don't own any and I am a fan...
Never seen a 92FS with a frame mounted safety....maybe they need to make more, since that is a reason some people prefer the Taurus PT92

berettaprofessor
October 31, 2012, 11:16 AM
Congratulations; That's a holy grail gun for a lot of Beretta fans.

1KPerDay
October 31, 2012, 02:20 PM
Very nice. Congrats!

tarosean
October 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
Not really scarce, just not very cheap. I've been looking for a stock or steel myself...

Nice find btw

VoodooSan
October 31, 2012, 04:43 PM
Dude that's awesome. Good snag.

VoodooSan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
maybe they need to make more, since that is a reason some people prefer the Taurus PT92

I much prefer the frame mounted safety already over the normal slide mounted.

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 06:52 PM
Congratulations; That's a holy grail gun for a lot of Beretta fans.

Thanks, it was one for me too :)

Morgo
October 31, 2012, 06:54 PM
Not really scarce, just not very cheap. I've been looking for a stock or steel myself...

Nice find btw

Not sure how scarce they are in the US though some on the Beretta forum seem to think only 50 of the 92 version were imported into the US.

I was really surprised to find a new one for sale as I thought they were long discontinued.

Morgo
November 1, 2012, 05:24 AM
A few more pics

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/_MG_0827.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/_MG_0831.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/_MG_0829.jpg

ATBackPackin
November 1, 2012, 06:57 AM
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!

One question though and this is coming from a happy M9 owner. If they can put a frame mounted safety on that model, then why can't they do it for the others? It seems to be the biggest problem people have with Beretta and I can only imagine their sales would skyrocket if they did.

Beautiful.

Shawn

Morgo
November 1, 2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks mate :)

I don't know why they don't sell a version of the standard 92fs with a frame mounted safety, I think Taurus have one. It could be the Beretta versions are all SAO.

USAF_Vet
November 1, 2012, 05:08 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the slide mounted safety?

Not that the frame mounted is bad or wrong, just not my preference.

Still a sweet looking gun.

1KPerDay
November 1, 2012, 05:58 PM

Yes. :D

Morgo
November 1, 2012, 06:52 PM

I find the frame mounted safety is a nice change, it just feels more natural being on the frame for me.

mljdeckard
November 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
This solves over half of my gripes with the platform. If I could use premium JHP ammo with it, I would probably shut up and tell everyone else to do the same.

My problem with the slide-mounted safety is, when you rack it overhand, it is far too easy to move it to 'safe' inadvertently, which could cause life-ending complications if you ever had to clear a malfunction under fire. I had to train myself to rack from the front of the slide.

mljdeckard
November 1, 2012, 08:19 PM
But at the same time, I have no need for the bushing system, it already shoots well with the regular barrel in single-action.

Morgo
November 1, 2012, 08:31 PM
This solves over half of my gripes with the platform. If I could use premium JHP ammo with it, I would probably shut up and tell everyone else to do the same.

My problem with the slide-mounted safety is, when you rack it overhand, it is far too easy to move it to 'safe' inadvertently, which could cause life-ending complications if you ever had to clear a malfunction under fire. I had to train myself to rack from the front of the slide.

This happens with almost every new shooter I let have ago of a beretta as well, especially during and drills with speed involved.

CZ57
November 1, 2012, 11:18 PM
Another very nice pistol you have, Morgo! I could live with that 92 Combat! ;)

Morgo
November 1, 2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks mate, I'm very happy with it :)

iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns
November 3, 2012, 04:36 PM
That thang looks suhweeeeet! Congrats! I too, really like the frame-safety on it, looks like a real nice shooter. Enjoy! Let us know how you like it and how it shoots :D

biohazurd
November 3, 2012, 11:56 PM
Kind of reminds me of the heavily modified 92s from the movie equilibrium. I too had no previous knowledge of the combat model, But i have to say that is one slick piece. What did that run you if you dont mind me asking.

Morgo
November 4, 2012, 12:01 AM
That thang looks suhweeeeet! Congrats! I too, really like the frame-safety on it, looks like a real nice shooter. Enjoy! Let us know how you like it and how it shoots :D

Thanks mate, will do :)

Morgo
November 4, 2012, 12:02 AM
What did that run you if you dont mind me asking.

I paid about $1350 AU for it which was well under half what they used to be :)

*GunNut*
November 4, 2012, 12:10 AM
I would not mind owning one of those bad boys!! Congrats on a great buy.

Morgo
November 4, 2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks mate :)

xxjumbojimboxx
November 4, 2012, 01:32 AM

I always make it a point to sort pull up on the safties when charging my 92fs compact. That definitely alleviates your issue.

xxjumbojimboxx
November 4, 2012, 01:39 AM
I always make it a point to sort pull up on the safties when charging my 92fs compact. That definitely alleviates your issue.
On second thought, just pulled the gun out of the safe to check out your theory... Wow, that's eye opening... if the safety is even the slightest bit in the downward position while racking the slide the gun is effectively designed to rack into safe mode... I guess it still doesn't effect me much though as I use my thumb and index finger to grip the safeties in order to rack the slide. Not my whole hand as others may. This method naturally leads me to pull up on the safeties... Hm... I have friends who carry barettas, I'm going to be sure to let them know.

Rittmeister
November 4, 2012, 04:48 PM
Very nice. I've fired a few Berettas and found them to be quite accurate but haven't owned one yet; hopefully someday - this might make the list.

I have to say I would prefer the standard sights to the elevated, adjustable version on the pistol above, but that's mostly from an aesthetic standpoint.

Okiegunner
November 4, 2012, 09:08 PM
Really nice looking pistol! I have long been a fan of the 92.

USAF Vet...No you are not the only one. Over the years I have grown accustomed to the slide mounted safety/de-cocker. The frame mounted safety is a nice touch though.

mljdeckard
November 4, 2012, 10:18 PM
If it's your platform, and you can get around it, it's ok. But I had to tell my rookie shooters to rack it differently than I would tell them to rack a gun with no slide-mounted safety.

xxjumbojimboxx
November 5, 2012, 01:28 AM
If it's your platform, and you can get around it, it's ok. But I had to tell my rookie shooters to rack it differently than I would tell them to rack a gun with no slide-mounted safety.
+1 on that, I agree that in a defense situation everything should be as uniform as possible when training, and executing...

question?
Is it a bad habit that I rack a pistol with my thumb and index finger? and pull back sort of as though I was shooting a sling shot? I've never had a problem racking even the tightest of slides in that way, and I feel like its faster then turning your gun toward your body, then racking, then pointing...?

Input anyone?

* quick edit, when I say "turning the gun toward your body" I don't mean pointing it at yourself... (der) I mean that slight turn in that people often do which leaves them pointing their weapon to the left of their bodies while racking.

mljdeckard
November 5, 2012, 02:27 AM
I think this clip kind of brings it all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyULpEhmug

el Godfather
November 5, 2012, 04:36 PM
Morgo
Congrats. I have this gun and I bought it the first time i saw it.
You will be very pleased with it.
Enjoy :)

Morgo
November 7, 2012, 02:04 AM
Very nice. I've fired a few Berettas and found them to be quite accurate but haven't owned one yet; hopefully someday - this might make the list.

I have to say I would prefer the standard sights to the elevated, adjustable version on the pistol above, but that's mostly from an aesthetic standpoint.

Thanks mate, from what I've been told only 50 of these made it to the US.

Morgo
November 7, 2012, 02:06 AM
Morgo
Congrats. I have this gun and I bought it the first time i saw it.
You will be very pleased with it.
Enjoy :)

I think its one I will have for sometime :)

Morgo
February 25, 2013, 03:40 AM
Turns out my Combat was made in 2001, sat in storage for a while :)

HarcyPervin
February 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
great looking gun and your pictures are nicely done too.

1KPerDay
February 25, 2013, 06:27 PM
I think this clip kind of brings it all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyULpEhmug
I love that video but try that method with the Beretta 92FS or other pistols with slide-mounted rotary safeties and you'll decock them. It's happened to me a couple of times in matches. You can train around it but that type of Beretta needs more care in that regard.

el Godfather
February 26, 2013, 05:03 PM
No such thing as appreciating this guns too many times.

I took mine out yesterday for genral cleaning. Will probably shoot it this weekend.

MachIVshooter
February 27, 2013, 03:02 AM
Nice!

I paid about $1350 AU for it which was well under half what they used to be

Not too bad. That would have been ~$1,000 USD a couple years ago, but the exchange rate is about 1:1 now. Thanks, Obama!

Morgo
February 27, 2013, 03:06 AM
Nice!

Not too bad. That would have been ~$1,000 USD a couple years ago, but the exchange rate is about 1:1 now. Thanks, Obama!

Makes buying things from the US so cheap nowadays. Even including postage I've saved hundreds on some items :)

TCBPATRIOT
February 27, 2013, 09:41 PM
My issued M9 had a malfunctioning safety the decocker would work. My armorer who was also a good friend of mine always tried to make me trade it in. Buy I loved that gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Beretta 92FS Combat combo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!