Hog hunting in PA

PDA

josiewales
October 31, 2012, 12:45 PM
Anybody know of a good place to go feral hog hunting in PA?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hog hunting in PA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chez323
November 1, 2012, 10:52 PM
didn't know we had feral hogs in PA?

splattergun
November 1, 2012, 10:59 PM
The Nation Feral Swine Mapping system doesn't show any in PA.
http://128.192.20.53/nfsms/

T.R.
November 2, 2012, 06:33 AM
Bedford County has many feral hogs. I suggest you contact the Regional Wildlife Biologist through the Game Commission for location details and names of irate farmers. The hogs are unwelcome.

TR

dragon813gt
November 2, 2012, 07:17 AM
There aren't any recognized populations and you can bet the PAGC wants to keep it that way. I believe you are allowed to shoot them on site if you see one. There is a small part about it in the hunting digest.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

Sav .250
November 2, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hogs in Pa? Maybe some penned ones.

45lcshooter
November 2, 2012, 08:31 AM
I wonder if there are hogs here. Would love to know because im looking at hunts down south for hogs. If we have them here, than i wouldnt need to speed all that extra money on travel.

nathan
November 2, 2012, 11:22 PM
If hogs are plentiful in Tennessee and North Carolina, i have no doubt it can reach PA as well.

dragon813gt
November 3, 2012, 08:07 AM
I don't doubt it either. But you can bet that if it happens the hunting will be unrestricted just like it is for coyotes. We've seen what hogs have done to other states and we don't want that here.

I also have no doubt that some idiot is going to release a few hogs specifically to start a population to hunt. If it hasn't happened already.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

josiewales
November 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
On the PGC website it shows some pictures of damage feral hogs have done. They are here just not in very large numbers.

Thanks T.R. for info. I live about an hour eaast of Bedford.

MJD
November 6, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yes sir. PGC reported the beginnings feral hog populations in south PA earlier this year.
See the link below:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/hunting-fishing/hunters-encouraged-to-kill-feral-hogs-290102/

The problem with these hogs is bound to increase over time, unfortunately, despite any effort we make.

To my knowledge, it is now illegal for game farms to raise and keep hogs for hunting purposes. I believe hogs escaping from these game farms has been identified as one of the causes of the rise of feral hogs in the state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hog hunting in PA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!