Stock in-letting for DBM bottom metal

PDA

WyoShooter308
November 1, 2012, 02:06 PM
Just purchased new bottom metal from PTG and need to in-let my B&C tactical stock. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment for in-letting and wondering if anybody has any suggestions for gunsmiths who are doing this work that I can send my stock and bottom metal to. There is too much material that needs to removed so doing it with a hand dremel and keeping the lines straight will not work for me. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stock in-letting for DBM bottom metal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MtnCreek
November 2, 2012, 08:26 AM
What brand rifle and what location?

WyoShooter308
November 2, 2012, 02:44 PM
The rifle is a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 with 20" barrel. The stock is a aftermarket Bell & Carlson Light Tactical style 3. Right now the stock is inletted for factory Remington BDL style drop floor plate. The new bottom metal I have is PTG and is a little wider and deeper so it will need to be cut to fit the new bottom metal for a detachable box magazine.
My location is in Wyoming.

MtnCreek
November 3, 2012, 09:06 AM
Call Kevin Rayhill (next door in NE). He's a Savage guy, but also does Rem work. Great guy with a great attitude. He's one of those folks that wants to find a solution, not dwell on the problems.

Kevin Rayhill
Stockade Gun Stocks
61 Stockade Road
Chadron, NE 69337
(308) 432-5114

WyoShooter308
November 3, 2012, 11:17 AM
I greatly appreciate the info MtnCreek. I will give him a call.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stock in-letting for DBM bottom metal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!