vermont or pennsylvania?

PDA

Muzzlelover
November 1, 2012, 08:09 PM
which state do yall think would have more and bigger bears?thinking about going next year.thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "vermont or pennsylvania?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Axel Larson
November 1, 2012, 09:14 PM
We are (that is Vermont) supposed to have around 6,000, not that I have seen one up in Enosburg where I hunt. No idea how many PA has.
Also I have heard of people getting any where in between 150 to close to 500 pounders.
Here is some records to look through http://vermontbiggametrophyclub.com/bear_records
Hope that helps some.

countertop
November 2, 2012, 02:59 AM
Maine or North Carolina

Tipi tapi Tapa talky

45lcshooter
November 2, 2012, 08:34 AM
I would say Vermont or Maine. There are more PA bear hunters than there are bear. Firehouse buddy was up at his cabin last year with 15 hunters, spent all bear seaso in the woods. They only saw a 100 lb cub.

ScrapMetalSlug
November 4, 2012, 09:10 PM
Don't discount NY, NY state has a healthy black bear population. You can hunt the adirondacks up north or even the catskills in the south, depending what you are closer to. Ny bear season in the north is about a month and a half not counting the early season, so lots of flexibility depending what your schedule is. I think similar rules as PA and Vermont, as in no baiting. Last I remember the PA bear season is really short. Maine has the largest black bear population in the northeast, and baiting is allowed so it is a little easier.

ScrapMetalSlug
November 4, 2012, 09:11 PM
double post

Steve in PA
November 6, 2012, 12:48 AM
Pa, by far. I think they had a monster shop last year up near the Pocono's.

Pennsylvania’s Incredible Giant Black Bears

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/2010/10/05/hunting_big-game-hunting_pa_1005_02/

If you enjoyed reading about "vermont or pennsylvania?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!