Olive drab paint

PDA

Wylie1
November 4, 2012, 12:05 AM
I figured this would be the place to ask being I only want to do this once.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite in an olive drab Bell and Carlson Medalist stock that will soon have a Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14 x 50 mounted on it.

I'm looking into doing a custom bolt shroud and handle with olive drab although these parts will likely be powder coated. There are some places on the scope some olive drab could be painted onto in order to bring the whole look together.

May seem to be a waste to some but I like to make my things my own and easily noticed to be slightly different than all the rest.

So my question is where might I get a very small quantitiy of olive drab paint that would stand upto the nasty solvents used in cleaning fire arms? No I'm not sloppy when cleaning my rifle but things can happen like they often do to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Olive drab paint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kp321
November 4, 2012, 12:10 AM
Try Duracoat. It is solvent proof and is available in OD. I would be glad to do the job for you but the postage would be more than the work. PM me if interested.

Wylie1
November 4, 2012, 12:42 AM
My bad, I'm looking for something brushable I'll likely be using a single hair brush with or similar for.

The inlet areas near the L on the lens caps look like they could use some olive drab. Maybe the dial caps too.

Wylie1
November 4, 2012, 07:14 PM
Nothing brushable?

rcmodel
November 4, 2012, 08:56 PM
Testers Model enamel paint is sold in tiny bottles in O.D. green at any hobby shop.

But, the chances of finding the same color of OD Green they used on your rifle is slim to none.

There are as many shades of O.D. green as there are shades of Grey, White, and Silver cars.
Almost too many different ones to count.

rc

Wylie1
November 5, 2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks,
I thought about the Testers I'm just not sure it would stand up to the solvents.

rcmodel
November 5, 2012, 04:24 PM
It won't.
But nothing else short of baked on Duracoat or something similar will either.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Olive drab paint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!